Casuals cry Nerf to high skill cap players{HD Vid Evidence}

Powerr

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly this is a controversial thread title, I do not claim to be good, I'm geared, I kill people, thats about it

is it true should we truly nerf classes because good players are "owning casuals too quickly"

lets begin discussion after watching this as evidence

I personally think that QQ on the forums should be actual relevant data with backed up evidence.

Keep note link is all battlemaster except boots and one relic

I'm sorry but I fail to see how anything in this video demonstrates that swtor pvp or Assassins have any kind of high skill cap, and it certainly doesn't demonstrate that you are at the "skill cap" for the your class.

This is what skill capped means

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl8MixWnV6E

I don't mean to be a jerk, and i'm not trying to critique your video per-say. As swtor pvp videos go it's fine. I think you are trying to make an argument about "bads cry if they lose" or something but it didn't come across that way but yeah old news :)

I've played a melee class in every MMO I have taken part in until SW:ToR... And I have NEVER done that shuffling move (where you strafe left and right all the time when fighting an enemy), yet I see almost EVERY melee player on SW:ToR to do this, why? Is there some benefit to it?

I don't mean that I've stood in place not moving at all when fighting someone, mostly just tried to keep to their backs so they couldn't parry or anything such. But that shuffling move looks very odd when someone comes to melee me, anyone care to explain why they do this?

I've played a melee class in every MMO I have taken part in until SW:ToR... And I have NEVER done that shuffling move (where you strafe left and right all the time when fighting an enemy), yet I see almost EVERY melee player on SW:ToR to do this, why? Is there some benefit to it?

I don't mean that I've stood in place not moving at all when fighting someone, mostly just tried to keep to their backs so they couldn't parry or anything such. But that shuffling move looks very odd when someone comes to melee me, anyone care to explain why they do this?

can't defend against side hits

Edited by Powerr

Considering tab targeting is next to useless, it makes you very hard to target. It also increases your chance of being behind your opponent (for those classes that benefit from that).

Because it works.

Note to OP: they're basing their nerfs on their internal metrics.

i Love how ppl say sorcs cant be killed, funny sicne I have several kills on my Guardian "Defence spec" that says otherwise. I am talking about real pvp, not BG farming bots.If a quest geared Guardian tank can kill a Sorc, anyone can .

I have a friend (i wont say his name) that constantly *****es how terrible sorc healers are compared to the other classes, it's quite laughable, yet annoying

can't defend against side hits

I hear they say that the back of a player on this game is 180 degrees or something. And thus, I'd think there would be even less need to move like that, since you have so much more room to hit from behind even with backstabs and everything.

I hear they say that the back of a player on this game is 180 degrees or something. And thus, I'd think there would be even less need to move like that, since you have so much more room to hit from behind even with backstabs and everything.

Except you've got the other player going for position, too.

Which is in a way reasonably realistic. People who just stand still in a fight to exchange blows are liable to wind up losing badly.

Considering tab targeting is next to useless, it makes you very hard to target.

Thankfully, I do not tab target or mouse target anyway. The best and guaranteed way to target the closest enemy quickly is to deselect and hit offensive ability, works wonders.

This is a pointless thread and please.... "I do not claim to be good"... Yet the thread title says otherwise. You just used this as an opportunity to show off the power of battlemaster gear and pocket healers. The whole presentation of the video screams "look at me, I am so incredible". The soundtrack, the occasional cheesy phrases that pop up, everything. Yeah, I really find it funny when people pretend to be humble.

So yeah, there is nothing that proves anything in this thread. You just decided to share this video under a different pretext.

Firstly this is a controversial thread title, I do not claim to be good, I'm geared, I kill people, thats about it

is it true should we truly nerf classes because good players are "owning casuals too quickly"

lets begin discussion after watching this as evidence

I personally think that QQ on the forums should be actual relevant data with backed up evidence.

Keep note link is all battlemaster except boots and one relic

dont you mean legit players getting fed up of scrubs abusing the OP class's

This is a pointless thread and please.... "I do not claim to be good"... Yet the thread title says otherwise. You just used this as an opportunity to show off the power of battlemaster gear and pocket healers. The whole presentation of the video screams "look at me, I am so incredible". The soundtrack, the occasional cheesy phrases that pop up, everything. Yeah, I really find it funny when people pretend to be humble.

So yeah, there is nothing that proves anything in this thread. You just decided to share this video under a different pretext.

or you could think outside the box and know controversial threads get more views. sucka

Devs have numbers. Devs make their balancing decisions based on numbers. People can whine all they like, but it won't cause changes - while constructive feedback is useful to them, they don't look to the forums to determine if there is a problem.

That's the way it is here, regardless of how it may have been elsewhere.

If only that were true....

It's from pvping in WoW where people would strafe through others to avoid getting damaged.

Also I find it funny that this bug is stiull around yet someone made a post about the Voidstar in Republics favor and they messaged him privately and told him they were fixing it.

... The people who have access to actual numbers, obviously. How is that even a question?

And they've commented quite directly on how they go about balancing. The game features an extremely extensive metric system that makes design and balance a lot easier, and would tell them things like the exact win/loss ratio for the Empire.

Your friends don't have numbers, they're pulling that out of thin air based in part on their own experience but also on a self-affirming bias.

Ha ha ha an extremely extensive metric system,from where JPL?

You honestly believe this stuff?

Edited by Sathid

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.