I'm a pyro and close to full champion and...

Torothin

I am ripping through people in PvP. Every now and then I come across someone in clothe that I can't seem to do any damage on but for the most part I am ripping through people very fast and it takes a good bit to take me down too. Anyone else loving the Power tech pyro builds? I'm usually in the top 3 after every WZ as well. I love this class in PvP guys!

Also, I hate to say it. but eventually, we are going to be nerfed guys. Enjoy it while it lasts...

Edited by Torothin

Yeah, I just dinged 50, have like 130 Expertise and I'm still hitting pretty hard. Excited to see what it's like once I'm geared and have my stim/adrenal going.

What's the stat priority for Powertech? Power > Crit > Surge? That's usually how I roll with every class. /shrug

I'm doing the eliminator gear. I can't remember what it has on it(stat wise) due to being at work. But at 5 it increases crit chance by 15%. My RS is obviously my main weapon that is ripping through people.

using IGC or CGC? how do u survive well? energy rebounder must proc alot.

Energy shield and yes, I'm using CGC. Combustible gas cylinder or what it is called.

Link your spec! I'm running the pyro/shield parakeet spec and it's a lot of fun, but TD + Rail shot seems like it would be omega damage.

I am ripping through people in PvP. Every now and then I come across someone in clothe that I can't seem to do any damage on but for the most part I am ripping through people very fast and it takes a good bit to take me down too. Anyone else loving the Power tech pyro builds? I'm usually in the top 3 after every WZ as well. I love this class in PvP guys!

Also, I hate to say it. but eventually, we are going to be nerfed guys. Enjoy it while it lasts...

No stealth, melee range, can't heal, not very mobile..pretty sure we're suppose to be doing that damage. Looks safe to me.

Pyro ftw - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/839/screenshot2012010911075.jpg/

Having tested Pyro/AP/Hybrid specs considerably all I can do now is lol at the AP fans. "But...think of the utility! THE UTILITY IS KING!"

What utility? 10 sec less on grapple? 8 seconds of physics immunity? Yeah that sounds perfectly fair for trading half my damage potential...totally legit trade-off.

Of course to be fair, after the lol comes a sinking feeling of "I wish they'd buff AP, because I do love the playstyle more than Pyro..."

Edited by Mhak

No stealth, melee range, can't heal, not very mobile..pretty sure we're suppose to be doing that damage. Looks safe to me.

Have to agree with Dark. I don't see why Pyro/Powertech would need a nerf. We definitely have shortcomings. if those are exploited, we can be taken out of fights. That goes with all classes.

Then again, with Operatives being overnerfed, maybe they will nerf us. If enough people start crying we might be in trouble.

Have to agree with Dark. I don't see why Pyro/Powertech would need a nerf. We definitely have shortcomings. if those are exploited, we can be taken out of fights. That goes with all classes.

Then again, with Operatives being overnerfed, maybe they will nerf us. If enough people start crying we might be in trouble.

This. the crying.

no we are not going to receive any kind of nerf,pyro pt has the best dps of PT spec,but you lack a lot of utility,and besides that,you are just not going to top the damage that an arsenal merc or a madness sorc with equal gear can unleash on the battlefield.

PT are probably the only class in the game that is perfectly fine as it is.

All classes are fine as it is. Why nerf Operative? Because the forum ragers that want their class to be superior to all other dominate forums instead of learning how to fight Ops. If u want to try a class that is a bit over the top, test out Assassin.

Pyro ftw - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/839/screenshot2012010911075.jpg/

Having tested Pyro/AP/Hybrid specs considerably all I can do now is lol at the AP fans. "But...think of the utility! THE UTILITY IS KING!"

What utility? 10 sec less on grapple? 8 seconds of physics immunity? Yeah that sounds perfectly fair for trading half my damage potential...totally legit trade-off.

Of course to be fair, after the lol comes a sinking feeling of "I wish they'd buff AP, because I do love the playstyle more than Pyro..."

Just out of curiousity, how are you getting the healing? Through Biochem? I'm low level, so I assumed you couldn't use that in WZs(because I played WoW).

Just out of curiousity, how are you getting the healing? Through Biochem? I'm low level, so I assumed you couldn't use that in WZs(because I played WoW).

Kolto Overload is 15% health over 10 seconds, when you can spec in Pyro to reduce its CD every time you get a crit off, and you crit all the time. I'm popping KO constantly.

Rakata medpacks were the other big source, but since the last big patch those no longer count towards your healing score. No more Medic medals for me =/

All classes are fine as it is. Why nerf Operative? Because the forum ragers that want their class to be superior to all other dominate forums instead of learning how to fight Ops. If u want to try a class that is a bit over the top, test out Assassin.

Lots of people are doing this. And lots of people are providing me with free kills because they play assassin terribly.

But you also can't deny ops burst was out of this world in conjunction with their pure CC ability and needed to be toned down. The problem is that bioware is nerfing pure burst and not providing them with a sustained DPS alternative which is something they really need.

Pre 1.1 screen shot. So not a WZ against 50s + pre-nerf rakata stims+buffs. Class skills even out greatly once you start fighting L50 people exclusively with 500+ expertise.

Yet I'm still getting near top damage/medals/objectives in the games I play in my lvl 49 crafted blues :p Actually made myself an enemy apparently yesterday because the whole lot of them in full champion gear called me out and were all 'green gear, really..' (yes people.. crafted gear if your lucky with RE's and procs are better than orange + mods. If you can get an augment slot the blues have less endurance and armor for more of all the dps stats) and I laughed at them when i beat them in every possible way. Can't wait to see what this spec can do when its geared.

no we are not going to receive any kind of nerf,pyro pt has the best dps of PT spec,but you lack a lot of utility,and besides that,you are just not going to top the damage that an arsenal merc or a madness sorc with equal gear can unleash on the battlefield.

Kinda agree with this. I really do think Pyro's are very well balanced. Stronger than some classes, weaker than others, but right where it should be.

I disagree. Hutball is merc country, but the other two, voidstar especially, we can really rack up the damage and kill count - equaling or even exceeding ranged dps.

To be completely fair coming from a Pyro in with 620 expertise...I think we might actually deserve a nerf somehow...as much as I hate to say it. The reason is just because there is NO CLASS I fear in a 1v1 duel.

I was in an Alderaan not 2 hours ago, we won, held 2 points most of the game. Towards the last few minutes I decided to check out the point we didn't have just for shiggles. It was guarded by a lone Sage with the Battlemaster title.

I killed this Sage FOUR TIMES in fair 1v1 duels, in a row. That is how I occupied the last few minutes of the match, just shaming this Battlemaster Sage in fair duels, then waiting for her to fly back to do it again. The 4th try she ran straight to a red PvP buff before dueling me and I still murdered her.

Battlemaster Sages/Sorcs are about as good in 1v1 fights as it gets... Until they meet a Pyrotech PT. Guardians/sentinels? Murder them. Gunslingers/Scoundrels? Murder them. Sages/Shadows? Damn do I murder them. Commandos? Murdered in the face. Shield or Tactics Vanguards? Yeah, murdered. Assault Vanguards, my exact class counterpart? Fair duel.

Do I have disadvantages compared to other classes? A ton of them. Are they enough to make me think twice before attacking any class? Nope.

Thankfully, this isnt pvp centered on 1v1 - its exclusively team.

And a team can quickly expose our shortcomings.

In addition, equally geared melee can hand me a nasty fight. Its mostly any class with cast times that I twist into pretzels.

I agree that PvP is a team event and would love to use that as an excuse to not be nerfed (and I *do not* want to be nerfed, to be clear), however... When you compare all the classes of this game, or any MMO for that matter, there should never be one class that can say "all things being equal between me and anybody else, I will nearly always win a fair duel." That's just not....fair. But I can say that right now.

As to melee classes... Lightsabers do energy damage which is mitigated by our heavy armor. I have 42.5% energy mitigation from armor/expertise. In turn, my RS ignores 90% of their armor, and elemental tech attacks ignore their armor entirely and cannot be shielded or avoided. That's a *massive* difference between how much we can damage each other. They're constantly doing 40% less, I'm constantly doing full damage.

Friendly advice - you know not to backpedal, but to strafe, right? If you reapply your CGC snare and strafe properly melee classes are absurdly easy to kite. And drinking in their frustration is sweet, sweet juicy goodness. If you spec into Degauss to remove their snare it's even better.

Edited by Mhak