Exhausted in Balloon ride Tatooine

Jetsunz

Spent about 35 minutes riding in the balloon,..had oh I'd say another six minutes to go,..I could see the crawler I had to jump on in the distance and then bam! EXHAUSTED and got kicked outta the balloon to the ground

I'm done with this garbage. Now we not only have the balloon travelling at a snails pace...we get booted with an exhaustion bug as well. Wouldn't be so bad if we had travel bugs while moving at a normal speed,.....but when it takes FORTY FIVE MINUTES to make the trip....it tends to be AGGRAVATING n ANNOYING when a bug hits

The speed of the balloon is all fine and dandy in the conference room where you guys discussing and making decisions on the game and it works as intended on PAPER!!,..but when a bug hits in real time and completely and totally ruins the entire slow trip....it's exasperated to another level

When you got something in the game going that SLOW!!,...you better make sure it works...ok...i mean should be nailed and wired tight,...but noooooo...EXHAUSTED!!!

I tell you what Bioware,...keep the bug in the game..I don't care if I ever get those datacrons,....just SPEED UP THE FAIL BALLOON RIDE

Edited by Jetsunz

• 4 months later...

But the baloon taking so long is a good thing, it gives people time to gather and gank the reb's that are on it.

Even better, I sneak on in stealth and blackout, wait until the rebels finally realise you are onboard too, then overload them in to the sand below.

thanks Bioware for allowing me to grief so excellently!

Here's a tip on ballon: NEVER EVER stop moving.

If you ever go afk due to inaction, or if you use ANY stationary emote such as /sit or /dance, then you will be kicked off.

Or for gods sake, don't /sit when on the baloon.

/sit on the balloon kicks you off it.

Or for gods sake, don't /sit when on the baloon.

/sit on the balloon kicks you off it.

So didn't anyone (Bioware) test this stuff first?? I tried for the balloon ride too (at the designated start point, after much waiting), jumped into it (twice!) and jumped through the base and back onto the ground. Thought, screw this at that point, and left.

These issue with this balloon have been around since day 1- I am very surprised noone has fixed it yet- it must be somewhat of a joke now at bioware- everyone laughing their behinds off at all the people fuming over falling off/through, getting knocked off etc etc

As it should of been fixed now with all the complaints but isn't :p

Lmao!

Hello everyone!

We have had to remove a few posts from this thread for being off topic. As a gentle reminder we request that all posts in a thread be about Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ as well as related to the subject put forth in the original post.

Please keep in mind that discussion of moderation is also not allowed. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact us directly via communitysupport@swtor.com at any time.

Thanks!

I've made the trip 3 times w/o a hitch, once keeping company with a surly Imp. (He was annoyed that I had tried to kill him when I first saw him, before thinking "what the heck, he's just after the datacron, same as me".)

I had to repeat the trip for my trooper because I had not learned the trick about turning off sprint when I was trying to jump down to the ledge.

As far as I can tell, any bugs in the trip have been fixed.

The entire round trip is 40 minutes. So if you don't see the balloon leaving the jump-in point, then your wait will be about 20 minutes or less.

Leave the balloon ride as is (outside of fixing any bugs with it). It is a great part of the experience. It is the one thing in this game that gives a nod back to when you actually had to travel in MMOs. It reminds me a lot of the boats in EQ. If it hurts that much to experience, skip the datacrons. They are optional anyways. Edited by TheBBP

Oh the balloon ride. How I loathe thee. The first time I attempted to get the datacron using said balloon was a completely botched attempt. It was a quiet evening. I played on a PVP server at the time so I was watching over my shoulder constantly for Rebel scum to arrive and muck up my balloon ride. I got on it no problems. I entertained myself by running in small circles around the balloon. *some time passes* I stopped running in circles when I noticed the Sandcrawler nearing. I had read guides on this datacron a dozen times so I knew every move I needed to make. But what's this? Did the Monster: Assault energy I drank during the ride hinder my skill level? I forgot to turn off my "Sprint" ability. It was too late. The balloon was just about over top of the Sandcrawler and I took that big leap. Go, little virtual character, go! The wind was blowing through my virtual hair as I saw the Sandcrawler nearing beneath my feet. Closer, closer, closer I got. *SLAM!* I hit my mark... a little close to the edge, but I hit it. "Oh wait, what's... what's going on? What are you doing!?!?!" My character, after hitting the ground, decided it would look cool if he performed some sort of victory roll to stick the landing. Needless to say this propelled me right off the edge of the Sandcrawler.

/facepalm

/callspeeder

/ride-back-to-the-start

/wait 20 minutes

/try again.

Strangely enough this is still my favorite datacron to acquire in the game. Ha ha.

Leave the balloon ride as is (outside of fixing any bugs with it). It is a great part of the experience. It is the one thing in this game that gives a nod back to when you actually had to travel in MMOs. It reminds me a lot of the boats in EQ. If it hurts that much to experience, skip the datacrons. They are optional anyways.

You have to travel alot in swtor, so I don't know why you would say that. Regardless, I don't mind ganging around in a balloon for a while, as long as its not bugged.

Or duel anyone with a grapple (Assassin tanks and Powertechs)

It isn't that people don't know about this, they just choose not to do it. Part of the experience is taking the balloon there.

It's one of those things though that I would personally take the balloon there, but I wouldn't mind helping people by grappling them up on my Powertech once I arrive there. I just wouldn't want to miss out on the experience.

Oh the balloon ride. How I loathe thee. The first time I attempted to get the datacron using said balloon was a completely botched attempt. It was a quiet evening. I played on a PVP server at the time so I was watching over my shoulder constantly for Rebel scum to arrive and muck up my balloon ride. I got on it no problems. I entertained myself by running in small circles around the balloon. *some time passes* I stopped running in circles when I noticed the Sandcrawler nearing. I had read guides on this datacron a dozen times so I knew every move I needed to make. But what's this? Did the Monster: Assault energy I drank during the ride hinder my skill level? I forgot to turn off my "Sprint" ability. It was too late. The balloon was just about over top of the Sandcrawler and I took that big leap. Go, little virtual character, go! The wind was blowing through my virtual hair as I saw the Sandcrawler nearing beneath my feet. Closer, closer, closer I got. *SLAM!* I hit my mark... a little close to the edge, but I hit it. "Oh wait, what's... what's going on? What are you doing!?!?!" My character, after hitting the ground, decided it would look cool if he performed some sort of victory roll to stick the landing. Needless to say this propelled me right off the edge of the Sandcrawler.

/facepalm

/callspeeder

/ride-back-to-the-start

/wait 20 minutes

/try again.

Strangely enough this is still my favorite datacron to acquire in the game. Ha ha.

LOL good post!

It isn't that people don't know about this, they just choose not to do it. Part of the experience is taking the balloon there.

It's one of those things though that I would personally take the balloon there, but I wouldn't mind helping people by grappling them up on my Powertech once I arrive there. I just wouldn't want to miss out on the experience.

I've done the ride 4 times on 2 characters. Had it despawn once and the other time I took too long shaving in the interim and missed it. And while I played Skyrim in windowed mode the first completion and watched TV the second time I do think it is a good experience. But once you start doing it on alts that gets downgraded a lot.

On my 3rd alt when I heard another guild member was about to reach the crawler I hauled *** to Tatooine to have him pull me up.

First attemp....took the balloon, 30mins ride....just to miss the final jump to the sandcrawler >_<

Got it on the 2nd attempt and with my alts....but damn you BW....you should have made that final jump easier :p

Edited by Erudain

So didn't anyone (Bioware) test this stuff first?? I tried for the balloon ride too (at the designated start point, after much waiting), jumped into it (twice!) and jumped through the base and back onto the ground. Thought, screw this at that point, and left.

BioWare does not seem to test a lot of stuff. Balloon ride, character rename dialog, GTN, crafting UI filters, legacy family tree, LFG flag comment, guild list back at launch, etc...

BioWare does not seem to test a lot of stuff. Balloon ride, character rename dialog, GTN, crafting UI filters, legacy family tree, LFG flag comment, guild list back at launch, etc...

Can you replicate it (the ballon ride "bug")? When people bug stuff while it is still in testing, they need to be able to successfully replicate the "bug" in question.

It seems like it would be kind of hard to test the balloon ride when it works for half the people (if not more, I've never had any issues with the balloon ride). So what is wrong with the balloon ride exactly? Have you reported it as a bug if you can replicate the issue? Just curious. Not trying to call you out on this but they (and dev's in many other games) have said before that it's hard to find a fix for a bug if they cannot actually replicate the issue.