Operative Medical Therapy does not work

Daize

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be ready to see the following response!

It has been discovered that all Ops were getting a 10% increase with their healing over time abilities by default. This has now be corrected.

So then will have to spend 2 talent points in Medical Therapy to get our HoTs back to what they are healing for now.

I truly hope this isn't the case, but you've been warned. :eek:

Be ready to see the following response!

It has been discovered that all Ops were getting a 10% increase with their healing over time abilities by default. This has now be corrected.

So then will have to spend 2 talent points in Medical Therapy to get our HoTs back to what they are healing for now.

I truly hope this isn't the case, but you've been warned. :eek:

It's a 20% passive buff that we should have on our heal to compete with other healing class...

I got a response to my ticket today saying that the Medical Therapy bug is known and that it is being addressed. Hopefully this is true and a fix is in the works.

great to hear ! maybe it will be fixed soon then ?

I submitted my ticket regarding the talents not working.

My response from BW:

"Thank you for contacting us with this bug report. Your report has been forwarded to the relevant department, who will investigate further. We regret we will be unable to provide you with further updates on this issue, but recommend checking future patch notes for any up to date information.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and to thank you again for the valuable feedback you have provided. Please do not hesitate to report any other issues you may encounter whilst playing the game.

Galactic Support is our specialty...

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid MO-TO

Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service"

This response was completely infuriating. The response didn't attempt any originality by at least inserting keywords from my original ticket regarding the talents.

Instead I was sent an ambiguous, mass-reply to any and all issues they choose not to address.

-angry customer

Most MMO's have that one class that remains broken for years. I predict operative healers will fill that role here.

It's probably the 'stealth tax.' We have stealth, which is very powerful -- for burst DPS roles. The fact that it's not nearly as useful for healing endgame may not register with whoever makes these decisions. We have stealth -- we're fine!

Edited by Oghier

The most ironic thing is that some Sage posted a thread about him getting over 900k healing in a Warzone.

Not only are they a much better healing class, that can do better damage in their heal spec if they chose to, have more survivability, more utilities, more mobility, etc, but they also have a MUCH better resource system, that allows them to heal for a lot longer than us, while we go oom after a minute or so.

I wonder why people still play Operatives at all. Just delete the class and allow us to roll another class of the same level/gear.

Edited by Treplos

All the tea in china for a single knockback, pull, sprint, etc. Take my stealth away if needs be, go for it! It does not help healing one bit other than getting a single free cast heal in PvP (before they all turn and nuke me). But that won't happen cus a conceal ops could potentially get it unless its a super high tier talent. :(

But more on topic...I finally got an answer to a ticket about this.

A typical same: we are letting proper team know about this, sorry your class is broken blah blah. So basically, it will probalby take em months fix this. Joy!

Best part though is they they spelled Medical Therapy in my ticket as: Medacal Theraphy. That made me chuckle and cringe at the same time.

Edited by fixit

All the tea in china for a single knockback, pull, sprint, etc. Take my stealth away if needs be, go for it! It does not help healing one bit other than getting a single free cast heal in PvP (before they all turn and nuke me). But that won't happen cus a conceal ops could potentially get it unless its a super high tier talent. :(

But more on topic...I finally got an answer to a ticket about this.

A typical same: we are letting proper team know about this, sorry your class is broken blah blah. So basically, it will probalby take em months fix this. Joy!

Best part though is they they spelled Medical Therapy in my ticket as: Medacal Theraphy. That made me chuckle and cringe at the same time.

As awesome as that would be, I'll settle for a solid dev response on the matter (correctly spelled, of course) with some answers.

I don't have time to get another 50 rolling, so the only alternative would be unsubbing as many have already done.

In short: SHOW SOME COMMUNICATION SKILLS DEVS.

Hey I have a medical operative that I stopped playing because the healing was mediocre and I had nothing else to offer in pvp. While I guess it may warrant a new thread, the medical tree needs review.

Broken talents are intolerable, but even worse is that a lot of abilities in the tree are just worthless. You have to invest points in diagnostic scan just to get it to act like a extremely mediocre (being gracious here) ability.

Even worse, playing a medic operative is boring! You can't do anything besides cast tons of spraypainting probes and then shoot darts at people. No pulls, no pushes, no way to increase speed, nothing to do for survivability. (the ability to make it so that your heals count after using Cloaking Screen is in Concealment? that makes sense!)

A few random suggestions:

1. Make diagnostic scan do something in addition to what it does. Give a buff of some type, maybe increase healing received, maybe a chance to make the next heal spell cast instantly, something!

2. Some way to generate TA at range when damaging. It's not that I expect to be able to dps effectively, it's just that I want to be able to do something more varied then auto attack.

3. Make cover increase ability range, because right now all it can do is prevent you from moving while you're in melee range.

4. Give me some ability to help others on my team outside of shooting them with green darts. Sorcs can bubble people or pull them which instantly makes them 50 percent more interesting to play in pvp.

Look, I realize I'm just ranting randomly on a forum, but dammit medical operatives are boring to play right now. Make them interesting and I'll start playing mine again, but until then I'll be playing a sorc since that's clearly what you want me to do if I want to buff/heal.

This thread is going way off course here folks ! I started it for one simple reason : Med Therapy, one of the few upper tier talents (along with SP) that is actually decent, is broken.

I love playing Op Med and love the mechanics in general. If you do not, reroll a sorc, there is no point saying "op med is boring". Op med is what it is, if you don't like it well there ain't nothin' anybody can do for you. This is a thread for peeps who like Op Med but realise things need gettin' fixed and that fixing Med Therapy would go a long way in the right direction.