Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

(Challenge)SHOW ME PROOF!

Rippitup

Ok so we have all seen the videos of people rolling lowbies while they are simulatneously hyped up on adrenals, relics, and red buffs. I challenge anyone to make a video of them getting rolled in a stun by an operative that has no buffs rolling on them. I also challenge any operatives to make videos of them face rolling people in a stun while not using anything but self/ops buffs.

Lets keep in mind what people are claiming.

1. They are dying IN A 3 SECOND STUN

2. They are dying BEFORE THEY HAVE A CHANCE TO REACT

3. Heavy armor classes with 500+ exp are getting dropped to sub 30% in an opener.

There it is. You have your challenge. Now lets keep in mind that we are looking for clean kills with little/no outside help from teammates. This will be difficult but not impossible. No buffs except those that are applied in the starting areas. Also try to have some class...if you are level 49, dont go pick on lvl 11's to make a point...or seek them out and see if you can indeed kill them in your 3 second stun. Stop all damage after three seconds(2 attacks).

Good luck, I await your videos!

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy that didnt take long! Suprisingly this operative does not kill his target in the 3 second stun, not does he reduce his targets hp to sub 30%. Just to give more infor for the video, the other guy has 450 exp, the operative has 400. THIS IS WAS FILMED ON LIVE SERVERS! THIS IS NOT THE PTR!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1su-tMdKJE

Can't wait to have that number reduced by 20%. People are pulling these 8K crits out of their asses. Just not possible without buff stacking

Keep em coming!

Edited by Rippitup
Making my post clear

That video proves none of those things.

The person did not die in the opener, there were even 2.

The person was able to react after the opener.

The person did not get dropped below 30% in the opener.

Dude the guy that posted the video is the OP, I guess he was being sarcastic

He is also severely biased.

I have seen my scoundrel friends, play beside me and they can get ppl to 35-40% in the opener easy.

Edited by aleiro

Wow.. he barely does any damage... if this is the result of the nerf I seriously feel bad for operatives.

My powertech that is parakeet (ST/pyro) does WAY more damage in that amount of time, and he's only has a single piece of champ gear.

This is BEFORE the nerf mate.

Ya they really are just murdering everyone in a 3 second stun! you are right, oh no wait...thats when we could stack consumables and open on people that were sub lvl 30!

You got something to say thats different, I say SHOW ME THE PROOF!

Ya they really are just murdering everyone in a 3 second stun! you are right, oh no wait...thats when we could stack consumables and open on people that were sub lvl 30!

You got something to say thats different, I say SHOW ME THE PROOF!

Them being sub 30 doesn't explain the damage levels, people need to stop pretending that was the core of the issue. Bolster actually put sub 30s above 50s in armor, so anything armor influenced would be doing LESS damage. Expertise would have an effect, but 10-15% at most without the expertise stim.

Not to mention this was happening to me as a level 50 Sniper in champion gear, so no, quit that bull.

We deserved it on people below 400 expertise. We hit like a wet noodle when you're in BM against a BM. Don't ask me why, but we do.

wouldn't surprise me if there was some bug that needed to be fixed if this really is the case... a couple % change shouldn't be causing that much of a difference.

Edited by Kuari

Plenty vids out there on the subject and having pvped myself a lot i can content to the insane burst. Fact is bioware looked into it and yes they agreed it was op, its a good thing the class has so much utility. I would say the uprising of ops crying out about it indicates its a move in the right direction, much like 50s claiming brackets would destroy the universe.

You are absolutely right, being sub 30 doesnt explain the damage levels...you know what does? Popping my relic, adrenal, and having red buff! Imagine that... an issue that has already been resolved, but yet here we are staring into the barrel of a gun that is going to kill a class that was already easily countered with the use of a cc breaker. Not to mention that when we didnt get hyped up on those buffs, the reality is what you see in the video that has been provided.

Too many people got too upset over the buff stacking and took it out on the class that knocks their player down, never mind the countless knockbacks into fire/acid pits, or off the damn walkways when you are about to enter the endzone thanks to 1 sorc/sage that respawned.

Plenty vids out there on the subject and having pvped myself a lot i can content to the insane burst. Fact is bioware looked into it and yes they agreed it was op, its a good thing the class has so much utility. I would say the uprising of ops crying out about it indicates its a move in the right direction, much like 50s claiming brackets would destroy the universe.

PROVE IT, Cause until you submit some proof, all you have is a nice story about how the big bad ops touched you when you couldnt say no...

My Battlemaster Commando is now fine vs operatives, fine as in they no longer get me to 30%-40% during their opener and leave dots on me so that i basically die or close to it even if we are in huttball and i knock them down.

But before i got the gear, i was soo dead and they were using champ gear like me.

What you see in that video is a tank. In his tanking stance. Most likely with tank gear(so he has more hp than a normal class) and tanking talents. Other classes are lucky to have even 40% of his mitigation, and those are heavy armor classes like my commando. Sages right now die without their 2 minute cooldown to remove the initial opener and run. So a 2 minute cooldown saved for that vs an operative who can do it 6-7 times during that time.

Combine that with the 7 to 8k crits people got and you will understand why it`s a bit too good.

Combine it with the fact that they can basically flash bang you or other cc`s and heal to full hp and you understand why if you are at 40% from their opener you don`t stand a chance.

Yes, if you catch one in the open, you can kill them. But then again he has all the control, he can decide if he stays in the open out of stealth... you don`t have a say in this.

Something had to go, the combination of high damage burst, many cc`s, healing(combined with defensive cooldowns) and stealth(the oportunity to pick whatever fights you want and get out of them) is a bit too much.

Don't need to prove anything

BW's knee jerk reaction based on forum QQ are all the proof you need :D

See what I did thuuur. Its a great story and all, but unless I back it up...which I did, all i have is BLAH BLAH BLAH nerf ops so i can shoot moar lightning and tracer missles!

See what I did thuuur. Its a great story and all, but unless I back it up...which I did, all i have is BLAH BLAH BLAH nerf ops so i can shoot moar lightning and tracer missles!

People complain about Operatives, then Operatives get nerfed, so clearly operatives got nerfed because of the complaints, right?

^ Post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy

It probably doesn't help that:

1. Your armor is much worse, sporting a blue (or 2), a few oranges

2. He is obviously a tank-specced Jugg in tanking gear (46% dr and whatever else mitigation he has) and what I imagine is a fortitude stim active

4. You don't use the expertise buff, any adrenals, or even have a stim active

5. You press keys as fast as my grandma

Still, even though you're bad, taking a tank down to 50% before he can do anything is good. I have no doubt decent Operatives can take them to 20~30%. TANKS.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.