"Lady" title for female Sith

Korrigan

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically no - nobody says the aforementioned words in America at all. Thanks for confirming that. :cool:

I guess if you wish to consider the examples I gave as "nobodies" in order to feel as if you're correct, so be it.

Edited by Zorvan

I vote down this suggestion because you are messing with how I want to play my characters. Egoistic? Maybe.

What I am getting really tired of in the gaming community is the constant need to precise femininity in every damn detail. My only female character ATM is a Sith Juggernaut with the title Lord (Lord Krodos). The thing is this; the fact that the character happens to be a woman is not what is important.

Back to why I have a gripe with the gaming community and femininity. In the gaming world for some reason it's super important to define genders.

In a typical fantasy game it isn't enough that a character is female, she also have to wear a chest plate with breasts on so we won't ever make a mistake and wonder if the character might be a guy and I'm so *********** tired of this sheit to be honest.

I know for a fact my sith jugg happens to be a female, I don't need constant reminders from every gosh darn tool to remind me. I have to put up with her silicone chest already (how the **** her breasts can stick out so much under the clothes and be so big is beyond me and a lack of knowing how to design a human body by the art team), add a Lady title instead of a Lord title and I will just stop play that character altogheter.

I always liked that the sith wasn't so keen on defining genders and that they firstmost picked names that sounded threatening and evil. The Lady title for me at least takes out some of the fear the Lord title actually produce. What do you want your sith to be called Lady Aribelle? LOL!!! That really produce a lot of fear <3

Quoting; "Lady, a woman who is refined, polite, and well-spoken: She may be poor and have little education, but she's a real lady". The title Lady is the counterpart of the title Gentleman.

Those this sound like a Sith to you???? A sith, a slayer of thousands, a murderer of innocents, a foul poisinous snake who engulfs the world without caring of the waste that follows in their footsteps?

Ye you go play with your Lady Aribelle and Lady Revan, I prefer my siths to be Lords, Darths and murderers.

Edit: Sorry for bad english and aggressive post but I do not vote up for the Lady title, at least nto as a replacement for Lord.

Edited by redsovereign

Mistress is of course for a female Sith. Asaj Ventriss is called Mistress in The Clone Wars cartoon.
She's called "mistress" just like your droid on your ship REPUBLIC side calls you "master" even if you aren't a Jedi. It's a mark of respect, not a title.

Also, as much as I like the character (read the Clone Wars comics, not the kid ones, but the well drawn ones, she's awesome), Asajj Ventress has NEVER been a Sith.

Edited by Korrigan

Lady is not the same rank as a Lord as Lady is a consort rank (I know there are exceptions) Baroness might be quite nice;)
Do you guys even read the thread before answering? "Lady" is a Star Wars canon title for Female Sith Lords, its widely used in the lore.

Also this is not GI-Joe - wrong movie for "Baroness" ;)

Edited by Korrigan

Do you guys even read the thread before answering? "Lady" is a Star Wars canon title for Female Sith Lords, its widely used in the lore.

Also this is not GI-Joe - wrong movie for "Baroness" ;)

Lol you got me bang to rights. TBH I have read loads of Old Republic and never notice. I guess you learn something everyday.

Edited by Hillfort

Hello everyone! Several posts have been removed from this thread for straying off-topic. As you continue to participate in this thread, please remember to heed the Rules of Conduct.

As a general reminder:

• Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.
  • Trolling - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.
  • Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.
  • Flag, Don't Fight - Utilize the Flag Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Edited by Artthen

Edit: Sorry for bad english and aggressive post but I do not vote up for the Lady title, at least nto as a replacement for Lord.
You could have saved some aggressiveness if you had read the thread a bit further (third post, actually)... the title would of course be OPTIONAL, leaving you the choice to also use "Lord" if you prefer. Edited by Korrigan

Lady is not the same rank as a Lord as Lady is a consort rank (I know there are exceptions) Baroness might be quite nice;)

Actually it is. Lady is the female equivalent of Lord, just as Mistress is the equivalent of Master, Baroness and Baron, Queen and King or Empress and Emperor.

Yeah, it fits with a lot of the established ones like Shak'Ti and Shatele Shan. But I would still like the proper way to address them be usable ;)

Well, either title will never work with a legacy name like "Lolercopter" or what have you!

Very agianst this idea for two important reasons.

The word lady does not apply to any female sith in its definition. Sith are 100% evil and nothing lady like, the word lady does not apply just because a person is FEMALE. It would be like saying all men are gentlemen just because they are male.

The other reason, the word Lord applies to WOMEN ALSO. The Queen of England also has the title of Lord of Mann as well as Duke of Normandy for a reason...

People wanting this change do not know their own language.

My first instinct when I got the Lord title for my female juggernaut was that I wanted a Lady title instead, trust me, I understand. Lore wise it just isn't there. I've read some of the books (I'm not going to claim I know everything) and every female sith I've ever seen was called a Lord. There were no "Dark Ladies of the Sith" It's just a title, sort of like in the military you call your commanding officer Sir even if they are female, (although I do know they answer the phone with generic Sir or Mam)