Gearing for PVP is just becoming boring and not fun

WhiteKnightOmega

The moral of the story is: you arent allowed to have FUN in pvp. You need to suffer.. pay your dues.. grind for the gear like the "hardcores". Because hey, a game isnt meant to be fun, its your other full time job!

Oh and while you grind, pay and suffer, you get to endure these "hardcores" rubbing it in your face that you die so easily because they possess so much "skill". After all, you are a "bad" until you win the lottery with your champion bags.

Roll an alt dude. Play at 1-49 where you really do need to use some skill and battles arent pretty much over before they begin. It seems like if you didn't get in on the 1-50 bracket bandwagon, pvp is crapfest.

Sad but true.

Dunno guys. I was pvping yesterday for like 5 warzones in pve gear. All of them 6-9 medals. I get hit for more - but i always die like paper, but i also hit for more.

Wasn't that bad whatsoever. Definitly much better then WoW with no gear when people literally 2 shot you.

Just an update for those who care (doubt many do) Got 3 pieces of pvp gear and health is around 12.5k . Still dont notice a difference. Expertise 3.5% Been about 1-2 weeks since I hit 50. All i'm still getting is premades with 2-3 healers making it nearly impossible for me to kill anyone.

I still don't even why I put myself through this torture. I like my marauder I like how it plays but I cant do anything half of the time because the other team just outgears and heals me so bad.

My least favorite kind of threads.

"I just turned 50 today and players with better gear who have been PvPing for much longer than me are beating me."

Progression mmo has gear progression.

The carrot and stick gear progression that the Abomination of a Game (WOW) started, and has continued in many games past this, has caused an unfortunate number of gamers to believe this is the truth.

The idea that two players of same level have the current discrepancy is the mark of a poorly designed game. When GW2 comes out, people that care about actual PvP will leave this game, if they hadn't already.

i too play a merauder and i must say even though it takes more skill then other classes, it feels like this gmae is funamentally flawed.

i mean ever mmo ive played, when a melee warrior type class gets on a ranged class, that ranged class wants to get away asap and not just be able to face tank it like they all can do with ease in this game.

im just saying classes dont feel right.

and the delays in abilities is so damn anoying.

i think im just another merauder who will not be renewing his sub when its out.

i love starwars and thats what drawn me to this game. ill check back in a 3-4 months and i really do hope this game gets better for those who like to pvp, i really do. but its just not fun for me on the class a want to play. no i wont re-roll.

I'm not asking for free gear. I'm just asking for a fighting chance. When I do a warzone, feel likemy team is down one person because i get globaled in one stun.

you will get your fighting chance in a few months when you get the gear it took people a few months to get.....see what i did there

*snip*

Keep at it.

Marauders honestly are one of the more scariest PvP classes in the game right now. Not only do you have amazing dmg capabilties, but your utility (dmg reduction, stealth, heal debuff, aoe party speed buff, etc) are some of the best in the game.

Look on the dev tracker: there are changes coming in the next patch concerning how pvp gear is earned.

I am NOT one to praise BW on their ****** pvp - but honestly now they are moving in the right direction, at least concerning pvp gear.

Edited by Darth_Eclipses

ye and the next topic of ppl that invested 0 time into endgame crying that they are too weak

there is no other game where u can get a full set of gear with lvl 51 mods as easily as in this one, buy some from GTN do some daylies and aufter 2-3 days u have a full set of epic gear.

That gear allows u to be useful in warzones too, but maybe ppl should stop jumping into warzones with 13k hp and lvl 40 gear...

Instead of asking for free gear maybe check ur options first..

The problem isnt expertise as much as people instantly jumping into warzones after they hit 50 some of them with empty relic slots..

Edited by Tenndou

There are multiple ways to get gear. Running warzones is just one of them.

You can do HM flash points. Even if you don't use the gear that drops, you can still get some benefit from the mods on them.

You can hit the auction house and look around. At this point there are a number of players who exceel at crafting and will be willing to sell you the highest mods they can make - many better than what drops in some of the easier HM FPs.

You can then go to Ilum or Belsavis and do the daily level 50 missions there. I know of at least one 2 man heroic on Ilum that gives you the choice of a number of high level mods as rewards.

Or you can PVP on Ilum. I will be the first to admit that you have to some luck and timing to hit Ilum when large ops groups are duking it out, but when those times happen you can wrap up a daily kill count in a matter of minutes and wrap up the weekly 150 kill count in under a few hours. This floods you with valor to boot and opens the door for not only champion bags but battlemaster bags as well. If anything, this new version of Ilum warfare has made it incredibly easy for the new guys to level and get access to the battlemaster gear. Yet we still see people complaining that it isn't enough.

And with Ilum PVP, you can still get several champion bags a week and not even put one foot in a warzone. You also have less risk as your killing abilities are the sum of the many parts of your ops group.

Seems to me that the OP is just angry that those who got on a game plan early - focused on one character and earned their gear should be willing to step aside and allow those who took a much lesser agressive approach get the same gear in the fraction of the time it took the hard core players to get it.

I fail to see how that is being fair to those who blazed the trail before you.

If anything, this new version of Ilum warfare has made it incredibly easy for the new guys to level and get access to the battlemaster gear. Yet we still see people complaining that it isn't enough.

You are smoking crack.

I pvped at a high level in wow and other mmo's. Due to my guild being a hardcore raiding guild I just started grinding out my pvp set. In 36 hrs of grinding(actual time played) I have yet to obtain even one piece of pvp gear from any Champion bags. I literally dont even have enough tokens to buy a centurion piece. That's 36 hrs of hoping the hrs I put into 1 Champion bag gives me some loot. Futhermore, I read that it takes around 2 hrs per bag and I have found that to be incorrect. Its is taking nearly twice that time to obtain them.

I am flat out amazed when I see ppl defend the pvp in this game. Ilum is a joke and I cannot even get guildies that love pvp to go there due to its flaws.

I do not mind grinding in an mmo, but this flat out disgusts me. Add in the legion of issues with the game and it makes going back to other mmo's very viable.

Title pretty much says it all. I am a new 50. I play a sith Marauder. Not one of the easiest classes to play but I play it pretty well. I enjoyed the 10-49 bracket very much and found it enjoyable to pvp with. I get to the 50 brackets and its a complete joke. I don't stand a chance against anyone that has expertise. I will stick on a bounty hunter for nearly quite sometime my biggest hit would be a 1800 crit smash. After many interupts and using all utlities at my dispossle, I manage to get him down to 60 % or so (He has around 15k health) He manages to get two tracers missles off and im down to 40% health cause each one hits for 3k. By the time I can get back to him he finish the rest off in a stun.

I look at this and the fact that I had to use about 10 different skills just to get him down to half while he had to use not even half to kill me. I know expertise is an issue but when do I stop being a liablity for my team. I have to be carried every single match on my team and I hardly contribute.

This goes for any class I go against really. If my unleash is on CD. I'll die in a 4 second stun regardless what class. I've actually had opponents wave to me while I beat them to half half and they just hit me with back to back to back 3k hits when I only have like 11k health. I have one champion piece and I have had about 5-6 bags.

Its just not fun. I play a class that has a steeper learning curve and I lose the majority of the fights because my gear sucks. I can only play about 1 or 2 games before I lose interest. All teams I go against are premades with 15k plus health.

Maybe I should do the daily and hope I get luck with a champion piece and quit after one win. I feel theres no point when I see hybrid classes doing 300k damage and 100k healing in the same match with 10 medals.

Theres no learning in bgs mate its farming only. just wak-a-mole as many people as you can an follow the mob around. win or lose doesn't matter. If you wanna pvp go do some world pvp on voss or corellia maybe.

You are smoking crack.

I pvped at a high level in wow and other mmo's. Due to my guild being a hardcore raiding guild I just started grinding out my pvp set. In 36 hrs of grinding(actual time played) I have yet to obtain even one piece of pvp gear from any Champion bags. I literally dont even have enough tokens to buy a centurion piece. That's 36 hrs of hoping the hrs I put into 1 Champion bag gives me some loot. Futhermore, I read that it takes around 2 hrs per bag and I have found that to be incorrect. Its is taking nearly twice that time to obtain them.

I am flat out amazed when I see ppl defend the pvp in this game. Ilum is a joke and I cannot even get guildies that love pvp to go there due to its flaws.

I do not mind grinding in an mmo, but this flat out disgusts me. Add in the legion of issues with the game and it makes going back to other mmo's very viable.

You are the one who is smoking crack sorry to say.

In wow it took weeks to get 1 item with arena points seeing as there was a cap to the points you could get and an item always cost like 3 or 4 times the cap.

I think in these new seasons they reduced it but it was like this for a long time.

TLDR- it took weeks to get ONE item in wow.

Here it takes the same amount of time to get full gear.

I kinda feel him. It more just sucks that everyone who had easy Ilum dailies is decked and now it's just a royal pain. There's not much you can do to fix that though.

Eliminate Expertise altogether. It has been a pain in the *** from day 1.

Eliminate Expertise altogether. It has been a pain in the *** from day 1.

No thank you.

I dont want pve guys wrecking in pvp thanks.

And if you say make all gear the same no also. That is dumb and eliminates the goal of progression.

Thats the same as saying make pve not drop loot. Just do it for the satisfaction of killing a boss. Again and again... and again and again... For the satisfaction.

Edited by SmokingGoose

You are smoking crack.

So double the time at 4 hours a bag, so 9 bags in 36 hours. 9x3=27 and haven't gotten a single centurion piece? Really? If you are going to exaggerate, make sure you check your facts.

Also you must have incredibly bad luck if you don't win a single game in 4 hours. Probably win about half so get the 3 wins in 4 hours for another daily bag. But that wouldn't help your story to say that.

FACT:

Expertise isnt THE END ALL OF LEVEL 50 PVP, its your gear, unless you tell me you have Level 50 blue everywhere (as in modded 50's blue items, not the 40 PVP badges) then you are sort of ready of PvP, as a DPS you WILL need to do a few things if you want to be competitive without the champion gear for now.

They are:

- Heroic Belsavis/Corellia to get epic level 50 mods from recommendation.

- Ilum daily (both pvp AND non pvp)

- Hard Modes (BT and False Emperor if you can find a decent tank and healer).

- Eternity Vault (I had full blues from 48 as a healer and gotten up to SoA because the tank was a beast and easy to heal as well as the team doing well, but we lacked the DPS to down SoA for enrage).

Sure do your current strategy but you can also do other things to get gear ready for PvP.

DO NOT THINK for one second that 50's PvP with 6 champ gear straight off the bat, not everyone did, and as a 61 BM I still dont have a single BM token, though I have like 4 out of 10 pieces of Champ Gear grinding from 50 to 60. But I did have some Hard Mode Gear and I wasnt an easy target, AND I was kicking *** still without it, it just gives me a slight boost having it.

Class?

You are the one who is smoking crack sorry to say.

In wow it took weeks to get 1 item with arena points seeing as there was a cap to the points you could get and an item always cost like 3 or 4 times the cap.

I think in these new seasons they reduced it but it was like this for a long time.

TLDR- it took weeks to get ONE item in wow.

Here it takes the same amount of time to get full gear.

Fair enough. I prefer their clear goal based off of performance. For those of us that were able to get max points after week one of an arena season, it did not take very long to gear out.

That being said, finally got a token from bag nine.

Fair enough. I prefer their clear goal based off of performance. For those of us that were able to get max points after week one of an arena season, it did not take very long to gear out.

That being said, finally got a token from bag nine.

It took as much time if not more than here.

Admit it.

It took as much time if not more than here.

Admit it.

So let me get this straight. You are comparing the Champion and Centurion Gear (the WZ starter sets) to the newest arena gear in wow? I would argue that the Battlemaster Gear is the equivalent of the latest season gear in wow. And yes that did take some time to gear out for those unable to garner max team points quickly. However, I did not play vanilla wow till just before BC and really thats what you have to compare this too right now. So in that regard I don't really have those comparisons.