Who wins in 1v1 Sentinel Vs Sage/sorc?

Darth_Dynas

Depends, if the Sentinel has all his cooldowns up, and attacks first he should be able to destroy a sage. If a sage spots a Sentinel at distance and starts and forces him to use gap closers, burn CC breakers ect earlier than expected Sage should win. Terrain also would play a part in all of this.

Depends

My sage is pure healer,, pretty horrilbe in 1 on 1 encounters.......

Guess you are asking about dps sage.

That's odd. When I am heal specced I don't fear anyone in a 1v1. DoT them up, heal through everything they throw at you (with judicious use of your interrupt and stun of course) and you can usually outlast just about anyone.

In DPS form, it depends who you are fighting really. You are still strong in 1v1 due to the potency of CC in this game, but nowhere near as safe as when you are heal specced.

If a good and geared sorc gets the jump on me from range (IE full cast off etc), its gonna be a close fight. If they are not good and geared, or I get the jump on them, I will win the large majority of the time.

Sent/Mara = 1v1 king.

Anytime I get attacked by sith version I beat them, even if they high 40's and I am 25ish.

Visa Versa when I'm playing my sentinel. I cannot take out these beast.

Which is broken. sorce or sentinel?

Surely you're talking bolstered WZ. I have a hard time believing you beat someone 15+ levels above you without bolster.

I consider myself a very good sage, but I have a sentinel friend in the guild who always wins me in 1v1.

That's when you realize that sages aren't OP at all, when two people who're good at the game and have about the same gear fight in a 1v1.

Edited by Spaznik

OK. i'm a watchman. So what am I doing wrong. pop my expert and crit adrena, then leap in, use overload on the way. THen zealiot and start the burn. normally i get stunned before I can get that slow zealiout strike in.

Then my life starts falling faster then a rock. So i have to break the stun. I then hit them for the first time (cause i have about half my hp left now) and their armor deflects most of it. I catch them on fire. I get pushed back then slowed. I pop my invis plus 100% invunl and walk up again. I am now very hurt. I pop a pvp heal or my super heal from biochem.

I start hitting again to build up my focus cause it's all gone at this point. I have to cut thruogh the armor which normally pops and they push me back again and poof i'm dead.

as a sage player, I have yet to have a maur come close to defeating me 1 on 1. Only when they have another with them, and even then it has to be a ranged, or 3 on 1.

It could by my button presses when I leap in.. Normally they will start chain lightning when you notice them. So I guess if they start off the fight = loss for sentinel?

What? First hit does not matter at all for a sent/mara.

Sentinel/marauder (IF THEY ARE GOOD) don't even need to hit first to kill a sage/sorc. They have a lot of interrupts and leaps (if specced properly) and can keep choking/interrupting/stunning the sage/sorc while also dealing a high burst of damage.

Result: Sage/sorc in pieces.

Edited by Spaznik

sage/sorc should faceroll any class if they know what they're doing, best heals, best mitigation, best damage, best utility......

Best false stories since assassins and shadows should easily tear apart sorcerers and sages. Anyone claiming Sorcs and Sages are a pure faceroll class just can't be helped.

There are only two situations that a Sorc or Sage has actually beaten me in. 1) When I have low health to begin with and was near death anyways, but what the hell that's PvP and 2) when the Sorc starts screaming like a little girl and their entire buddy team swarms me while the rest of my team goes and caps a node or something.

The only reason people think Sages/Sorcs faceroll is because they can AE spam and many, through some misguided notion, play the spec (especially sorcs) that just let them use their lightning channel over and over again and wonder why they get their world rocked. It's kind of like fighting a tracer missile spammer, you shouldn't be dying to them unless you were getting ganked or they got you at low health.

Edited by Silverspar

what is the SORC is good?

Are you only talking after 50 with super gear or something? I have been playing both up to 40 thus far, and as i said. I Have yet to see a marauder that isn't level 50 even touch me. I "maybe' have a few bumps after a fight.