Remove Commendation Limit so new 50's can compete

JBGames

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's absurd. I leveled from level 21 all of the way to 50 in warzones. I would have been able to buy insane amount of bags. This would become common practice for everybody, and then anybody who didn't want to do warzones to level would be screwed once they hit 50.

That's absurd. I leveled from level 21 all of the way to 50 in warzones. I would have been able to buy insane amount of bags. This would become common practice for everybody, and then anybody who didn't want to do warzones to level would be screwed once they hit 50.

You PvP'd a lot and would have had access to lots of PvP gear, provided the RNG worked in your favor. I don't see the problem.

And... whats wrong with that?

People that pvp should be rewarded with pvp gear. That's the way it works from 10 all the way up to 49. Why the sudden garbage pile at 50? If they did this then anyone who regularly pvps would jump into the 50 bracket and be competitive. Unlike now where everyone that hits 50 is free kills and has to farm for weeks trying to get decent gear while they are constantly curb stomped.

Although the comm cap seem necessary i wouldn't mind if they removed the valor cap...

Since lvl ~30 a good amount of WZs i played were kinda "wasted" due to comms stucked at 1k (i got loads of stims though, oh well) and valor capped at current level.

Not that much of a pain, though, but right now i'd prolly have my v60 instead of being stucked at v45 - lvl45.

Also - it means people don't stop PvPing (in warzones) once they cap out. Which can happen very quickly/low levels, even buying full sets of 20/40 gear, mount, bag, and then stocking up - even with buying PvP meds as well.

I see no point in me doing more PvP at level 47 - and only done odd bits as I went.

And... whats wrong with that?

People that pvp should be rewarded with pvp gear. That's the way it works from 10 all the way up to 49. Why the sudden garbage pile at 50? If they did this then anyone who regularly pvps would jump into the 50 bracket and be competitive. Unlike now where everyone that hits 50 is free kills and has to farm for weeks trying to get decent gear while they are constantly curb stomped.

Weeks? You're doing it wrong, valor sixty is two weeks... max. It is a bad idea, would encourage people farming in lowbie brackets. We did it the hard way, you should too.

Besides, I like an easy 5k damage medal every now and again.

I have a level 50 Operative in mix of champ and bm gear. I would love to have more gear people to play. I also level from level 10-50 in warzones. Now b/c of the bad bm drops and the slight upgrade I've started some new chars over

You PvP'd a lot and would have had access to lots of PvP gear, provided the RNG worked in your favor. I don't see the problem.

^ This.

I'm level 50, Rank 51, 'cause I leveled primarily through PvP from 13-50. (I dinged Rank 50 at the same exact time I dinged level 50).

I've got...2 pieces of champ gear (legs and boots).

If I put in the PvP time, why shouldn't I be able to get the PvP equipment?

Edited by Prophetic

I agree, something has to change. Either let us buy/hold more bags, or uncap valor, or uncap the commendations. Any of the above works for me. Right now everything is maxed even after buying all my 40 gear. At most I can have 6 bags when hitting 50 (1 in my bank, +5 I can purchase with capped out commendations).

Stims are going to have to start being destroyed since they can't be sold, and I'm not going to pop a 15% expertise stim instead of a health stim.

Just seems a waste if you want to level through PvP.

Edited by Syrch

This is a no brainer fix. Im surprised it has escaped bioware. What..... Nope I guess I'm not.

Thoughts?

I honestly find it kind of weird that you can accumulate so much potential max level PvP gear prior to even being level 50. Technically if you lucked out you could have 6 champ pieces (or more? Is it actually possible to get more than 1 out of a bag?) immediately upon hitting level 50. It really just took away my incentive to buy any of the lower level PvP gear.

this would be a nice change from a pvper point of view, but think about how it completely screws those that want to pvp but want to see the story as well. it's basically a middle finger to them. and what about those who is already 50 and gotten the gear from the old system, how would they feel?

the main complaint is that once someone turns 50, they are undergeared vs 50's that's already geared...well that's pvp progression. every 50 that has gear went through the same thing you did or are going to do. and once you have the gear guess what you'll be doing the same thing to new comers too, that's how mmo pvp works.

in a sense this is no different than pre 50's only bracket. if this were to be implemented, someone will come up with something new to complain about, it's just a never ending cycle.

They had blue 50 pvp gear you could get on your home planet, but took it out of the game a couple weeks after launch. Bottom line is this, BioWare wants you to keep playing and chasing the gear, they don't care about balance and people having fun.

New under geared 50's would have stood a chance with the 50 blue pvp gear that gave about 250 expertise. Keep subbing though until you have all champ/battlemaster from their rng bags. Carrot on a stick = money in the bank.

I'm 50, already geared, and I support this.

50s coming into PvP are even worse geared than a lvl40 using the bolster buff. I don't play a smug/op, and even I can 4-5 shot these people while they take 10% of my health off...

So I guess you think that if you pvp you shouldn't be able to purchase the items that they made for various levels that can only be bought with pvp rewards.

Your logic has a serious flaw.

No, I think you're missing what I tried to express. It's NOT difficult to cap out - on the rewards, quite quickly (and early on - assuming you don't try and kit out EVERY companion with PvP gear, but quite easily 1 or 2 companions - if you just PvP and follow only story rewards/high loot chains) - even dumping commendations on buying meds etc, you can easily get commendation gear for you, at both 20/40, buy the epic mount, buy a bag, and cap commendations.

What exactly then is the point to continue PvPing? Since you are effectively capped on what you can buy at that point with tokens. Hence my saying - why should I PvP after 47, I've only done a "little" PvP and I'm capped out already on the stuff I wanted (albeit I didn't PvP till I was 30 with this toon - was following bonus chains too much).

Which is a bit sad. I agree that the commendation cap seems a bit - wasted. I like the Valor cap being tied to level, but - I think the commendation cap should be lifted.

the main complaint is that once someone turns 50, they are undergeared vs 50's that's already geared...well that's pvp progression. every 50 that has gear went through the same thing you did or are going to do. and once you have the gear guess what you'll be doing the same thing to new comers too, that's how mmo pvp works.
I did three days of PvP before they split the brackets. So, I got ~10 bags (Ilum and warfront dailies and weeklys). Those bags got me a Champ Helmet, Bracers, Belt, Gloves, and Chest Piece. I hit the lotto back when I could just beat on level 20s in the WZs. I thought at the time this was the norm. How wrong was I?

Since then I've received another 3 belts and another chest. This is after ~16-20 bags. Imagine if that was my first run.

There really needs to be an introductory set of PvP gear that's either purchasable through credits or crafted (which would make my profession actually useful). For a duct-taped solution, you could just have a quest that gives a player a set of Centurion armor they can only equip in WZs. I could not imagine hitting PvP as a fresh 50. This is why I'm stacking as many champ bags as I can on my 20 shadow.

Also, many MMOs offer much larger BGs where even a few undergeared players may not impact the battle. Being under-geared in an 8 man team hurts everyone. In a 40-man team? Not so much.

Edited by The_FeniX

What exactly then is the point to continue PvPing? Since you are effectively capped on what you can buy at that point with tokens. Hence my saying - why should I PvP after 47, I've only done a "little" PvP and I'm capped out already on the stuff I wanted (albeit I didn't PvP till I was 30 with this toon - was following bonus chains too much).

I am only lvl 25 on my two pvp toons so i haven't had a problem with having too many comms. Is it really that bad where you can buy everything there is to buy and still have so many comms that you hit the cap?

How low is the cap?

Weeks? You're doing it wrong, valor sixty is two weeks... max. It is a bad idea, would encourage people farming in lowbie brackets. We did it the hard way, you should too.

Besides, I like an easy 5k damage medal every now and again.

No. You stomped lowbies. You didn't do it tough. You're still not doing it tough.