Sorcerer Nerf....

Fhatal

This is wrong. There exists a build that allows for both healing, CC and DPS. Put a little bit in the first tree. Put a little more in the second. Ignore the third. Profit.

L2P your own class.

You can't ignore the third or nor instant chain lighting, no no cd on force lighting.

I run this build http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201GorkZbsMMzMZcMcRs0z.1 only because my gear sucks and I need more tools to survive + it's a wz medal build. Damage is decent but I loose some control

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then your gear is garbage and they were in pvp gear or you're not even level 50. and yes, a true heal specced any class is going to be hard to take down because well they're designed to heal and keep people alive including themselves.

They can keep themselves alive all they want. The problem is they can keep themselves alive EFFORTLESSLY WHILE DPSing TOO. PvP gear vs crap armor? Nope. If he was in PvP gear I would have been dead in the first 5 sec as their force lighting can hit me for 25% health in 1 hit.

The problem is they're designed to keep people alive from groups of elites/champs dealing out tons of damage. This same ability makes them invincible vs a player. There has to be PvP rulesets seperate from PvP.

No one should be able to heal without any pushback or chance of failure through a sustained volley of DPS. Not only that but heal for enough in 1 heal to continue fighting as if you used a med pack. Factor in the nigh infinite force due to absurd regen rate and you have an invincible PvP toon. This needs to be nerfed and anyone disagreeing is just another easy moder who can't cut it as any class requiring any degree of skill. I can guarantee you a commando medic cannot heal and DPS without running out of ammo.

Sorc/sages are literally the best at EVERYTHING.

Healing

DPS

CC

Utility

No class is better than them at anything, save tanking.

Edited by Dayshadow

I think there is a simple correlation/causation confusion going on here. People think that because there were a lot of people complaining about ops/scoundrels that their nerf must have been a direct result. This may not be the case. Whether or not we get nerfed may or may not have anything to do with qq threads. I actually doubt that Bioware is going to make any serious decisions about sorc/sage based on what people are saying on the forums. Therefore threads like this, though amusing, are likely to be a waste of time for everyone involved.

You put two people on a BH and he sits there and laughs as he kills them both.

You put two people on an op or shadow, they vanish till they can take one or the other.

You put two people on a sorc, you get a dead sorc.

One on one should always be about who gets the jump on who and who has better understanding of their class (no faster fingers on a keyboard). It should always be a question, and it is.

If I fight a bad op, he goes down easy, I fight a good op and he knows his class, I miss one cc or bubble and im dead. As it shoudl be.

Yup... can't wait to level up my BH.

Now before we even start i need to point out that I AM A SORCERER!!!!!!

Now i normally play PvE Corruption Spec, as i hate respecing all the time. Since the 1.1 Patch i found that healing in WZ's seem pointless, and extremely boring. As i normally get around 10 medals before the patch i find it extremely hard to break 6 (Inb4 "you are doing it wrong")

So i decided to switch to a hybrid spec Since we killed everything in the 1st 2 days of the week (GJ making Raids very easy, NM here we come :) ) Anyway my spec is 0/20/21

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201ZccMRdMrZcrcRsMk.1

I have so Much utility it is absurd.

Knock back : Roots targets

Shield : Absorbs around 3000 Then when it breaks it blinds EVERYONE around you

Force speed : 20 sec CD making you nearly impossible to kill as you can get a way most of the time.

Whirlwind: Instant 10 sec CC. When it breaks it stuns for 2 seconds.

Heal : They heal for so much, for a dps tree (But i don't even use them that much due to being healed by damaging abilities.

The Utility would be fine if i didn't push out 400-600k of damage a game with 70-100k healing. I understand what people are thinking when they say nerf sorcs. There has to be a give and take. The only classes that HARD counter me are Ops which just got nerfed... and Bleed spec Marauders.

PVP Stats:

HP: 15810

WP: 1615

Expertise: 460 (9.62%)

Crit: 26.29%

Surge: 72.39%

Alacrity: 10.03%

Bonus Damage: 673.1

Bonus Healing: 484.8

Flame On!!!

You're very well geared based on those bonus stats.

The average player won't be pumping out that DPS. I agree Sorc need to be nerfed but BioWare can't pump out nerfs based on people with the best gear because that would screw lower level sorc/sages.

So all the idiots crying about the aoe knockback root..... just move it to high in the healing tree and the problem is solved. It makes no sense that the sorcerers sacrificing everything to provide group suport in the form of healing have the worst defenses. We already cant do anything remotely close to real damage.

They can keep themselves alive all they want. The problem is they can keep themselves alive EFFORTLESSLY WHILE DPSing TOO. PvP gear vs crap armor? Nope. If he was in PvP gear I would have been dead in the first 5 sec as their force lighting can hit me for 25% health in 1 hit.

The problem is they're designed to keep people alive from groups of elites/champs dealing out tons of damage. This same ability makes them invincible vs a player. There has to be PvP rulesets seperate from PvP.

No one should be able to heal without any pushback or chance of failure through a sustained volley of DPS. Not only that but heal for enough in 1 heal to continue fighting as if you used a med pack. Factor in the nigh infinite force due to absurd regen rate and you have an invincible PvP toon. This needs to be nerfed and anyone disagreeing is just another easy moder who can't cut it as any class requiring any degree of skill. I can guarantee you a commando medic cannot heal and DPS without running out of ammo.

Sorc/sages are literally the best at EVERYTHING.

Healing

DPS

CC

Utility

No class is better than them at anything, save tanking.

We still run out of force in LONG battles. If we run into random 20 second battles we never run out of force because we can stop and replenish it. If teams keep sorc/sage engaged in combat long enough they do run dry as a healer but not as DPS if they have regen skills.

I'd agree with you but, alas, I can not.

Mainly because any nerf to the sorc class at this point would make the class absolutely useless in PVE and PVP.

the sorc has utility, and has sustained damage, not burst, nothing insane compared to other classes.

The bubble is a joke at best, please, anyone can burst down the shield in one hit, once it's gone the sorc has NO survivability or ability to mitigate damage.

Also, for you to attain the numbers posted above, you had a pocket healer, grats, this feat can be accomplished by any class.

good,

nerf the sorc and he will be USELESS .... leave him in the way he is ... it's not time to chage him

I posted something very similar pointing out the sage and sorceror as the most OP classes.

A properly spec'd and played sorceror/sage is unbeatable by any average player, and they are top if not #2 DPS when rotations are used correctly to maximize their output.

Best heals, best CC, best DPS, highest mobility. Why play anything else?

BTW - breaking the 3k bubble is NOT that easy. Play a tank (not a DPS one) and tell me how to bring the bubble down, I'd love to know, because my wife can mop the floor with me on her Sage and she's not even that experienced in PvP.

Heck, with zero I mean zero PvP gear she can pull out 6 medals in PvP on the losing team and easily get 300k+ dmg out and 60k+ heals. That is Telekinisis spec! Which btw is arguably the DPS PvP spec, I don't care what people say about Balance, Telekinisis owns and there are LOTS of posts/videos that support that.

the only thing that needs to be nerfed on sorcerer's is the ability to put bubble on everyone. they should only be able to bubble themselves & their companions. being able to bubble your whole team is OP. the other healers can only shield themself and doesn't last as long as the sorcerer's/sage's. their is no reason why they can bubble everyone on their team. and then just spam force lightning (which becomes a free talent) to rebuild force when needed, so they can re bubble their self and team mates.

That is a heal spec ability and sorcerer healers, if anything, are grossly underpowered compared to the tools they have to keep people alive and the amount of damage other classes/specs are capable of.

Do you also have any idea how the shield work? Once you cast a shield on someone, you cant cast it on them again for 20 seconds (17 with set bonus). It only mitigates the damage equal to approximately one heal as well.

Also, you cant spam force lightning to regain force as a heal spec sorcerer. In order for us to regain force, we typically have to break combat in seethe. We do have an ability to get a free consumption after an inervate, but it only returns slightly more force than what you spent to beging with using the inervate ...at the cost of a channel + a gcd.

Please, before you spew nonsense, at least have an understanding of what you are talking about.

I have no idea why I actually read through this thread, maybe cause i'm a sorc myself, maybe cause I was after some laughs, but who cares.

Pretty much from what i've read is Sorcs have to much CC and run away from me, I CANT HAVE MY EASY KILL.

Ever heard of a Glass cannon? the sorc/sage IS A GLASS CANNON, that imo does pretty lame dmg tbh.

Saying get rid of all the CC on the sorc is like saying get rid of all the buffs using tracer missile gives the player, your taking away from what actually makes it effective. Since going 50, the ONLY other class I have been able to 1v1 is another sorc/sage, and other class and I mean Literally ANY other class I will lose. Sniper/vanguard/sentinal/marauder/juggernaut/smuggler/assassin/shadow/trooper/merc/powertech as ALL capable of running me into the ground 1v1.

the bubble that ppl claim should only be able to be used on yourself, that's just stupid, at lvl 50 1-2 attacks will remove the shield, leaving anyone venerable - what you are likely complaining about is the SMART people who put a bubble on a guarded target when their almost dead, giving them time to heal them-yourself and the guardee since bubble with 20% buff and guard guards 10 000 dmg (Something that requires a minimum of 2 people.) Which means TEAMWORK and not an overpowered sorc ability. I don't use the shield as a way to stop dmg, I use it as a way to stall someone's dmg just enough to cast a heal to keep that person fighting.

Sorcs if ignored are capable of incredible support to the group ie shield/heals/dots/additional dps, but that's the key, IGNORED, it's not our fault if YOU are the one that was not smart enough to look and say the sorc is keeping the team alive kill him. That's just teamwork.

Another thing I;ve noticed is I've seen video after video of a class being awesome and (maybe) OP in a 50's PVP, but I;ve yet to see any current video of the sort being this great big overpowered beast of a class that everyone claims it is.

CC/roots/snares are the ONLY way to defend ourselfs, yet everyone just wants us to have noting but light armor, no way to fight off a 1v1 fight, and now no way to stop ourselfs from being an easy kill.

i'd write more but this'll liklely be ignored anyways, and i need sleep. :eek:

I posted something very similar pointing out the sage and sorceror as the most OP classes.

A properly spec'd and played sorceror/sage is unbeatable by any average player, and they are top if not #2 DPS when rotations are used correctly to maximize their output.

BTW - breaking the 3k bubble is NOT that easy. Play a tank (not a DPS one) and tell me how to bring the bubble down, I'd love to know, because my wife can mop the floor with me on her Sage and she's not even that experienced in PvP.

Heck, with zero I mean zero PvP gear she can pull out 6 medals in PvP on the losing team and easily get 300k+ dmg out and 60k+ heals. That is Telekinisis spec! Which btw is arguably the DPS PvP spec, I don't care what people say about Balance, Telekinisis owns and there are LOTS of posts/videos that support that.

A tank spose to have the highest survivability, NOT the highest DPS? My guildies been recording their WZ and dear now I understood why my bubbles are pretty much pointless since this Shadow dishes out 4k+ crits, this Guardian dishes out 2k+ repeatedly.

A properly played class of course will be unbeatable. Now ask yourself, do you play your class properly?

I won't argue that we can easily get 300k+ dmg and 60k+ heals because I often get that too when I'm being left alone, as do other classes. But when 2 or more focused on me? I'm dead, SAME as other classes. You guys are talking like we're some kind of immortal being, can't be taken down while facerolling blindfolded destroying everyone.

With zero pvp gear you simply get 2 shotted by any melee / BH/Trooper. Play you wife's sorcerer in pvp without being in a premade, without a healer and see how well you do and how you enjoy it, unless of course the other team is retarded and let you cast ingoring you.

If you are a sorcerer specced for the best heals, you do almost no damage and can only keep yourself alive against a competent equally dps that knows how to use interrupts if and ONLY if another player is assisting you via peeling/guard/taunt/etc... or against rdps by breaking LOS.

In addition, if you are a heal specced sorcerer ...you dont have the 'blindness' ability when your shield ends and you don't have the root on knockback. You also dont have the top tier ability that is currently ignoring resolve in regards to its stun.

Also, as a tank ...you are not a DPS spec. A DPS can break the bubble with a single hit ...hell, half the time the bubble gets broken and you still take 1k+ damage from the hit. Tell me exactly how a heal spec sorcerer is OP when our biggest heal lands for roughly the same as a hit from a DPS, but takes twice as long to get off due to cast time?

Not to mention the fact that if you were even semi competent, you could interrupt the heals and lock the ability out......

Sorc actually has the most usefull PvP stuff which you can have at the same time.

Knockback

3s sleep when bubble breaks

2s root after knockback

60s sleep with 45s cooldown, stuns for 2s on break

4s stun on a 50s cooldown, can be used twice in a row with CTF

6s silence on 1 skill

Speed

Tractor beam on friendly

CC break

Absorb shield

Channeled slow

Cast slow

Good damage

Cleanse

Heals

Who ever made this class was tired of getting killed by melee. Inquisitors are definetly the class with the most tools.

These skills are not OP since all classes have variations of them. Its having all of them which makes it the best class really.

Edited by Joskara

Nerfing anything by this rule would be hilarious.

"Hey im < insertrandomclass > my build is < insertrandomly createdspec> pushing random abilites and i cant beat < insertrandomclass>. NERF"

Theres only one class that average player can succeed on and it is using 1 button. Can you guess the class? No its not sorc/sage.

Edited by GrandMike

so you as a TANK should be able to out dps and kill any sorcerer at your whim? Any clas can easily top 300k dmg and any class that can heal can do 300k dmg 100k heals on voidstar.

Stop comparing pvp to void star stats and stop ignoring that other classes can do the same thing.

A tank spose to have the highest survivability, NOT the highest DPS? My guildies been recording their WZ and dear now I understood why my bubbles are pretty much pointless since this Shadow dishes out 4k+ crits, this Guardian dishes out 2k+ repeatedly.

A properly played class of course will be unbeatable. Now ask yourself, do you play your class properly?

I won't argue that we can easily get 300k+ dmg and 60k+ heals because I often get that too when I'm being left alone, as do other classes. But when 2 or more focused on me? I'm dead, SAME as other classes. You guys are talking like we're some kind of immortal being, can't be taken down while facerolling blindfolded destroying everyone.

Careful when saying "Tank"

A tank is defense or defense/vigilince spec. No way in hell a real "tank" is getting these crits. Most "tanks" are lucky to hit 100k in a warzone with full pvp gear. We don't do DPS, and our survivability is a joke.

BTW with no PvP gear my wifes toon is still quite survivable, unless it's 2 vs 1 I can run away and win most of those encounters with shield/stun/AoE knockback/root.

**** post my friend..... ya you would be op if you had 150 talent points and could get all the trees full your argument sucks cause most of the crap you mentioned has to speced into so unless you cheated in some way to get all that i say to you invalid point...

TY have a nice day next troll please

Careful when saying "Tank"

A tank is defense or defense/vigilince spec. No way in hell a real "tank" is getting these crits. Most "tanks" are lucky to hit 100k in a warzone with full pvp gear. We don't do DPS, and our survivability is a joke.

BTW with no PvP gear my wifes toon is still quite survivable, unless it's 2 vs 1 I can run away and win most of those encounters with shield/stun/AoE knockback/root.

my friend is an assasin tank and has no problem hitting 125k-175k dmg EASILY when i pocket heal him. he has 21k hp and his survivability is quite amazing.

maybe your gear is garbage and sorcerers do not have quite survivabilty without pvp gear

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.