Guess I'll have to wait til next patch?

Noctarian

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

logged into fleet my fps went from 17 to like 40ish today on my system with same amount of people in fleet when it was 17 same exact area also, huge increase in fps all over fleet.

intel celeron g530 2.4 gig

1 stick 4 gigs gskill ripjaws pc 12800 ram

Asrock h61m-ge socket 1155

Radeon HD 6570 1 gig ddr3

300 gig seagate sata harddrive

Edited by trooperrob

Apparently many people had their fps issues fixed.

i7 @ 3.07, 6 gb ram, nvid gtx 460 here. 30 gb ssd and 1 tb alternate hd. no improvement what-so-ever.

Please post the settings you are using and the fps that you're getting and where you are getting it.

In my opinion, you would have been better spending that money you spent on your SSD, on a better graphics card. What you have is essentially "mid range" card by today's standards.

Edited by Tarka

i range mostly in the 11-20 range when around many people on fleet. i can go from 1 to 50 in warzones..but mostly 14ish during pvp.

standing still in the world i can get 100's

Fleet does drop in fps, that is true. But what you get on the fleet is not indicative of the rest of the game. Your graphics card is your bottle neck.

Let me ask, what fps are you getting with everything set on low when in the fleet?

I'm on an i7 @3.9ghz, radeon hd 6970, and 12 gb DDR3 1333 ram

I went from ~60 fps to ~60 fps on the fleet.

What is the problem with 60fps exactly? Your eyes can't even distinguish that. It gets annoying when you have less than 30fps.

Apparently many people had their fps issues fixed.

i7 @ 3.07, 6 gb ram, nvid gtx 460 here. 30 gb ssd and 1 tb alternate hd. no improvement what-so-ever.

So your only weak part is really the video card and to be honest it should not be bad.

I have to wonder if there is something else wrong.

Windows 7 right? 64 bit obviously?

I wonder if there is not another issue... heat... something.

Please post the settings you are using and the fps that you're getting and where you are getting it.

In my opinion, you would have been better spending that money you spent on your SSD, on a better graphics card. What you have is essentially "mid range" card by today's standards.

I bought my comp about a year n a half ago, ibuypower..1300ish.. my comp by no means is mid range for this game

i can run any other game high settings excellent..this game was built before my type of comp would have existed..for systems much less quality than mine.

as far as settings go..low or high all of them make no difference. low or high settings always garbage fps. i have tried changing many of my video card settings..drivers..etc.

FPS is affected by how many people are in the area. If you're on a high pop server, then your FPS will be crap in fleet.

When I log on in the mornings and there's only 30-50 people in fleet, my FPS is 60+. In the evening when there are 250 in fleet, my fps is 15-25

I don't know if the card is the problem. I have the same card (A GTX 460) and my FPS problems are not very severe, in fact the game runs fine in most places (except in two spots on tulak hord tomb on korriban). my FPS range from 40 to 59 almost everywhere.

Of course, I use old drivers prior even to the november beta, I don't know if the current drivers affect negatively the game.

ive got i5 2500k @3.7, gtx460 8 gigs 1600, same issue, sometimes it even gets worse and goes up to 80fps

I've got i5 @ 3.1 (default), 8gb Ram 1600, Windows 7 and a 560Ti and I'm getting around 30fps on the fleet when it's busy with everything set on high. Elsewhere, I can get around 100fps when inside instances and other places.

I'm happy with this performance, 30 fps is what I expected on the fleet.

I've got i5 @ 3.1 (default), 8gb Ram 1600, Windows 7 and a 560Ti and I'm getting around 30fps on the fleet when it's busy with everything set on high. Elsewhere, I can get around 100fps when inside instances and other places.

I'm happy with this performance, 30 fps is what I expected on the fleet.

again mine is all over the board anywhere from 9-20 around players...and i can get to 70 on the imperial fleet if i am not around anyone.

again mine is all over the board anywhere from 9-20 around players...and i can get to 70 on the imperial fleet if i am not around anyone.

Note the difference in my card and yours. I have a GTX 560Ti, you have a GTX 460.

There's a distinct differences in performance between the two.

If you're attempting to run a 460 on high settings, that could explain a lot.

Edited by Tarka

Note the difference in my card and yours. I have a 560Ti, you have a 460.

If you're attempting to run a 460 on high settings, that could explain a lot.

again, i said low or high settings same unstable fps.. very choppy around players wherever they are.

again, i said low or high settings same unstable fps.. very choppy around players wherever they are.

Firstly, check your graphics drivers, maybe reinstall them.

Secondly, try setting your SWTOR folder up as an exclusion in whatever anti-virus you use. It could be that your AV is scanning the SWTOR files as the game uses them. Possibly affecting performance. Setting the folder in your exclusion list stops your AV from unnecessarily scanning it. This goes for the hidden folder in your C:\Users\<login name>\AppData\Local folder too.

Also, check Task Manager and see what background programs are being run. You can use msconfig to disable ones that aren't important (e.g. Adobe Reader updater, and other crap).

Edited by Tarka

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.