The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Red Sabers.....

Spymaster

This doesn't make me wrong at all. A dark Jedi joins the Sith is my point. What hoops they have to go through to do so doesn't change the fact that they're no longer Jedi... no longer fighting for Jedi ideals... and if that's the case, they'd join the sith. Whatever it takes.

Except not every Dark Jedi became a Sith.

Aurra Sing, Assajj Ventress are/were/will be Dark Jedi and not Sith. They are no more Sith then the Imperial Agents or Bounty Hunters of this Game are Sith

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This doesn't make me wrong at all. A dark Jedi joins the Sith is my point.
No, clearly they don't have to join the Sith.

We have examples of many of them in game that choose not to join the sith. Like... all the people you are complaining about.

What hoops they have to go through to do so doesn't change the fact that they're no longer Jedi... no longer fighting for Jedi ideals... and if that's the case, they'd join the sith. Whatever it takes.
Your conclusion doesn't follow from your premise.

You're using the same logic as the statement "if you like pancakes, then aliens have invaded Russia"

Edited by ferroz

So you're saying that some people should get to choose to do that, but other people should not be able to choose to do that.

Nope. I'm not saying people should or shouldn't do anything. I'm saying, that many people using red is out of place in Star Wars.... and annoying.

Pick the color you want. Just don't pretend it fits the lore to have 100 jedi with red sabers, becuase it doesn't. That's all there is to it.

No, clearly they don't have to join the Sith"

Again you're confusing what they HAVE to do with what fits in Star Wars. No they don't HAVE to join the sith, but in Star Wars, they most often do. So while it's fine that one or two guys might go dark and not become sith... to have a large number of dark jedi with red sabers fighting side by side with normal Jedi for the republic, does not fit the story.

Your conclusion doesn't follow from your premise.

"

Only when it's poorly understood.

Nope. I'm not saying people should or shouldn't do anything. I'm saying, that many people using red is out of place in Star Wars.... and annoying.

Pick the color you want. Just don't pretend it fits the lore to have 100 jedi with red sabers, becuase it doesn't. That's all there is to it.

who is pretending it fits?

Except you could be a Light Sith and still follow the Sith Code

Then what makes you a "light" Sith? You have to remember this is still in context of the overall Lore. I supose you could follow the Sith code while also being an exlie, but once you choose to be nice to people, to show mercy etc to enemies you defeat, by Lore terms, your colegues, fellow sith masters/aprentices will surely see you as a weak character, prone to sympathy for those you defeat but let live/escape.

What we've been shown in the films/game is that the Empire is ruthless, mercyless and just nasty pretty much to everyone that isn't also a of empire alignment. Anyone part of the empire, particularly a Sith that shows mercy is seen as weak, and shunned by others, resulting in exile, or destruction.

YES!!!! That's EXACTLY right. I'm sorry that doesn't fit the way you want it to work, but that IS how it works in EVERY other Star Wars time period.

Even though you're completely wrong in this regard, lets just assume for a second you're right.

So what is your solution then? Only have 1 red crystal per server that is able to be equiped by a jedi, so that only 1 jedi on the server can have a red saber?

So what is your solution then?

You people admit you're wrong. And the people with red sabers in game keep them and just admit they're out of place for the setting of the game.

Edited by Sireene
quote of deleted post

If you're not going to take the time to understand what I say, why are you even here?

Yeah how dare we all continue to prove you wrong with facts and examples that completely conflict with your argument based solely on your opinion.

If you're not going to take the time to understand what I say, why are you even here?

understanding doesn't flow perfectly through the internet :rolleyes:

And why am i here? Because I can be, i am allowed to be, you don't control me or my internet or the forums

Again you're confusing what they HAVE to do with what fits in Star Wars.
THen stop saying that they have to...

No they don't HAVE to join the sith, but in Star Wars, they most often do.
False .

in star wars, we happen to have seen more situations where they do; that does not mean that they have to.

that doesn't say that they most often do, just that of the ones that we've seen, most of them have. That proves nothing.

So while it's fine that one or two guys might go dark and not become sith... to have a large number of dark jedi with red sabers fighting side by side with normal Jedi for the republic, does not fit the story.
it doesn't violate it in any way, either..

Having a character that's part of the old republic doesn't fit the story either, since the movies aren't set during that time period... but it doesn't violate the story in any way, any more than having a plethora of red saber wielding jedi does.

understanding doesn't flow perfectly through the internet :rolleyes:

True, but it would be nice if you misunderstand something that you just ask about it, instead of going off on some tangent and attacking me for something that isn't even my point.

And why am i here? Because I can be, i am allowed to be, you don't control me or my internet or the forums

I have no intention of controlling what you do or post. Do what you want. I was just wondering why you'd bother talking to me if you weren't going to take the time to understand my points.

True, but it would be nice if you misunderstand something that you just ask about it, instead of going off on some tangent and attacking me for something that isn't even my point.

I have no intention of controlling what you do or post. Do what you want. I was just wondering why you'd bother talking to me if you weren't going to take the time to understand my points.

Because a lot of your points are flawed

Because a lot of your points are flawed

How can you even know if you don't understand what they are?

Example...

Me: Lots of Jedi being dark with red sabers and not going sith doesn't fit the lore...

You: Not all of them go sith!

Me: Almost all of the time they do.

You: Not all of them!!!

Me: yeah, a couple maybe, but the problem is the number in this game is too big.

You: You're wrong! not all of them go Sith!!! What about Ventress!!!

Me: :rolleyes:

Edited by Spymaster

Well if that's all, no skin off my nose. I fully support your right to be annoyed.

Regardless of all the points that people are making (Sith and Dark Jedi are not the same thing, canon Jedi have had red lightsabers, etc.), you're correct that there has never been a point where there were 100 Dark Jedi sitting around on speeder bikes in the fleet space station waving red lightsabers and calling each other n00bz.

You guys keep arguing about who can use what colors, but that's not even what the OP is complaining about. He's complaining that there are "too many" red sabers on the Republic side. I completely disagree and think that people should be able to play the way they want.

So what are you suggesting they do about it? People with Jedis should decide on their own to use blue/green lightsabers more? People should stop playing Dark Jedi? BioWare should limit the number of Jedis that can use red sabers? People who play as Dark Jedi should be switched over to the Empire side? BioWare should lift the color restrictions (which wouldn't actually fix your problem)?

As much as you think people are doing it to annoy you, they aren't (for the most part). Since the movies are always from the Rebel (or Light-sided Jedi) point-of-view, many people want to see the story from the other side. That's one reason there are more people on the Empire side and a lot of people taking the Dark Jedi path. That, and it's fun to be dark/evil in a video game,

If more people want to play Dark Side, then what are you going to do about it? You can't "force" the numbers. People would simply quit.

Good questions... All I know is it's not cool or uniuqe to see a republic jedi with a red saber in this game... it's just common cliche', annoying and frankly a little too emo for my taste.

More emo than, say, complaining on a forum about the color of a light saber in a game? :)