The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Mercs will not be nerfed here's why

Bejita

Mercs/Commando's are allready like easy mode when playing them...aint no way the need a buff...if you cant play them than you must be really bad at this game because they are one of the easiest class to play with. Edited by joranvdsloot

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In case you forgot, you have an interrupt button, along with other cc's and knockbacks. tracer can be interupted, and a BH cant cast tracer while flying through the air. so much qq. l2 interrupt tracer, arsenal BH abilities rely on tracer. just interrupt and control that.

So we have to rely on having our interrupt up and being able to find the bh since its a 30m range. No thanks balance it out like they did to OPs and scoundrels

I believe people said use your break free to get out of OP and scoundrel stun and no one wanted to hear that either.

Fret not your nerf is next

As it stands now mercs are a turret, they must stand still to do all of their damage, the whole point of a class like this is they are immobile but can act as strong backline artillery units, to nerf this class would LITERALLY make it the most pointless class in the game

Yes you nerfed OPs, but ops still have mobility, can choose which fights to enter, and have incombat stealth and defensive cooldowns

What in gods name does a dps speced merc do when the only thing he has, high consistent dps do when you take that away? all i ask is that you THINK before asking nerfs

if you nerf the sorcs damage atleast they still have the huge advantage of speed and CC, no such this is for mercs though!

nerf sorcs, buff mercs, then all will be well in balance land

Sorcs have less CC than a powertech, and less (far less) burst dps than a merc. Not to mention they don't get heavy armor and don't get a self heal as efficient as rapid scan. Yes the heavy armor can in part be made up for by their bubble, but that is only around 3k extra health.

Want to talk CC?

1 stun - electrocute (4 sec stun that every other class gets)

A 2 sec root (if specced 31 into madness, which most hybrid)

A tiny aoe knockback that roots if specced, which no one except a lightning sorc would even have.. but then their dps would be based solely on long inductions.

About the DPS - We don't have a skill that will hit over 5k unless the opponent doesn't have any expertise or armor for that matter. We get 3 dots that do about 2k through their course, so that would be about 6k from dots if they are stacked up and not resisted at all. Other than that we only have death field (~2.3k crit) and force lightning (the lightning channeled skill that does about 2k ish over it's course). Merc gets a hard to interrupt skill (alacrity + server lag) that can hit for 4k+ over and over.

Speed advantage - Do you honestly think it would be fair for a merc to be running around hitting 4k insta tracer missiles?

Edited by Thurinlore

tracer missile and grav round need a good 20 second CD thats all so it cant be spammed but still highly usable in a combo with other abilitys not just

tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile if you lived that long then tracer missile tracermissile its pathetic

20 seconds is too much, maybe 6-8 second CD

I have a 50 tankasin and 30 merc. I roll mercs on my tankasin, why? cause I can maul, spike, lightning, electrocute, maul before they even get to do one thing. there at half health, im at full health.

Tracer is fine, stop trying to finish off the other person you are fighting once the merc starts shooting you. I think thats what all the QQ'ing is about. You had someone else down to 25%, then a merc starts helping out there teammate, and low and behold, you die, your original target lived.

As it stands now mercs are a turret, they must stand still to do all of their damage, the whole point of a class like this is they are immobile but can act as strong backline artillery units, to nerf this class would LITERALLY make it the most pointless class in the game

Yes you nerfed OPs, but ops still have mobility, can choose which fights to enter, and have incombat stealth and defensive cooldowns

What in gods name does a dps speced merc do when the only thing he has, high consistent dps do when you take that away? all i ask is that you THINK before asking nerfs

if you nerf the sorcs damage atleast they still have the huge advantage of speed and CC, no such this is for mercs though!

Wait...wait...

Are you calling being a melee class and having to move and follow people while hitting a plethora of hotkeys an advantage in SWTOR?

L O L. Yes you have it much worse standing 30 yards away and spamming crap without moving. Much harder playstyle. Thank you for that insight.

I have a 50 tankasin and 30 merc. I roll mercs on my tankasin, why? cause I can maul, spike, lightning, electrocute, maul before they even get to do one thing. there at half health, im at full health.

Tracer is fine, stop trying to finish off the other person you are fighting once the merc starts shooting you. I think thats what all the QQ'ing is about. You had someone else down to 25%, then a merc starts helping out there teammate, and low and behold, you die, your original target lived.

Not every class can knock a class down after critting 3k+, only to crit another 3k+. It is all about (I know this has been said a lot) the rock paper scissors pvp. Operative before the nerf was a flaming hammer.

No need to post man, mercs won't be nerfed anytime soon. Particularly not before sages / sorcs get nerfed. That will happen loooooooooooooong before merc gets touched, if it ever is. Which I doubt since we don't crit for 10k like a certain class that's pissed off that they've been brought into line with everyone else, lol.

No need to post man, mercs won't be nerfed anytime soon. Particularly not before sages / sorcs get nerfed. That will happen loooooooooooooong before merc gets touched, if it ever is. Which I doubt since we don't crit for 10k like a certain class that's pissed off that they've been brought into line with everyone else, lol.

crit for 10K. really? since when? maybe on a naked lvl 10

Commandos and Mercs are definitely going to be nerfed.

Completely agree. Ops/Scoundrel got he nerf bat and they got it hard. Its only fair commandos/mercs get a hard nerf as well. I pretty much think the nerfing should stop after commandos although QQ threads for sage/sorc nerfs are third most important to the community. But yeah, commandos need a nerf even more than ops/scoundrels did and just as detrimental as the operative nerf was.

Edited by mandrillagon

This is what we refer to as "Shotting yourself in the foot". That statement is the problem when it comes to pvp forums .

"Nerf this class, I don't play it. Don't nerf this class, I do play it"

If they nerf you, its because they feel your doing too well, I doublt you will be crippled to the point of being useless, you will just have to learn how to use what you have after the nerf.

Mercs don't need buffed. What they need is escapes. Jet pack jump burst of speed. And a better stun removal or just nerf the damn stun they are ridiculous in this game.

Hell they have 2 blasters and only 1 viable blaster ability most of their dps is rockets.

So why do mercs have 2 blasters again?

Edited by Kelenan

Mercs don't need buffed. What they need is escapes. Jet pack jump burst of speed. And a better stun removal or just nerf the damn stun they are ridiculous in this game.

Hell they have 2 blasters and only 1 viable blaster ability most of their dps is rockets.

So why do mercs have 2 blasters again?

Yea I mean personally when I rolled a BH I was wondering why BHs don't get a jet pack escape manuever.....it just seems like something they'd HAVE to have lol.

Completely agree. Ops/Scoundrel got he nerf bat and they got it hard. Its only fair commandos/mercs get a hard nerf as well. I pretty much think the nerfing should stop after commandos although QQ threads for sage/sorc nerfs are third most important to the community. But yeah, commandos need a nerf even more than ops/scoundrels did and just as detrimental as the operative nerf was.

I disagree, nerfing something because something else got nerfed is a terrible way to balance the game. All the current QQ about commandos/mercs comes from Sages/sorcs hoping to deflect there blatant OPness and Ops/scoundrels looking to take someone down with them. Knights/Warriors get screwed by everything so their too busy asking for buffs.

It's not like Gunnery/arsenal is even that great compared to Pyrotech/AS. They have to spam Grav round/tracer missile forcing them to turret to get procs and stack buffs/debuffs for other abilities. Its not over powered, its just easy It requires change not nerfing but hey its so much easier to get something nerfed then to come up with a spec overhaul.

I personally hate the arsenal spec in pvp, tried it a couple of times and i got bored of it very fast.

But i do have to say that neither a nerf nor a buff is needed. Ofcourse you can put a cooldown in Tracer Missile but that would screw us a bit in pve, we can't stack 5 heat signatures quickly meaning our heartseeker missiles will not do that much damage.

If a cooldown is the only option there have to be another series of changes that would still make us competative in damage compared to other classes.

Sorcs have less CC than a powertech, and less (far less) burst dps than a merc. Not to mention they don't get heavy armor and don't get a self heal as efficient as rapid scan. Yes the heavy armor can in part be made up for by their bubble, but that is only around 3k extra health.

Want to talk CC?

1 stun - electrocute (4 sec stun that every other class gets)

A 2 sec root (if specced 31 into madness, which most hybrid)

A tiny aoe knockback that roots if specced, which no one except a lightning sorc would even have.. but then their dps would be based solely on long inductions.

About the DPS - We don't have a skill that will hit over 5k unless the opponent doesn't have any expertise or armor for that matter. We get 3 dots that do about 2k through their course, so that would be about 6k from dots if they are stacked up and not resisted at all. Other than that we only have death field (~2.3k crit) and force lightning (the lightning channeled skill that does about 2k ish over it's course). Merc gets a hard to interrupt skill (alacrity + server lag) that can hit for 4k+ over and over.

Speed advantage - Do you honestly think it would be fair for a merc to be running around hitting 4k insta tracer missiles?

A Sorc complaining about a Merc? Really? This takes the cake.