They need to add a "stop xp" option to prevent leveling up

Evuke

its funny earlier I was complaining about people doing this

but after reading how the 50 bracket is right now I fully understand not wanting to make the jump.

Yeah the jump is pretty harsh. Going from being 49 and OP facing people with a quarter of your abilities and skill points, to being one of the undergeared folks (who VASTLY outnumber the number of battlemasters, not to mention battlemasters who have been lucky enough with the token system to have more than 1 or 2 pieces).

Why should everything just be given to people? If you want to play a game where you consistently have an advantage over everything you play against, just stick to pve. I've been 50 just over a week, and have nearly full champ/centurion gear. It's not that hard if you just grow up and play the game.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the jump is pretty harsh. Going from being 49 and OP facing people with a quarter of your abilities and skill points, to being one of the undergeared folks (who VASTLY outnumber the number of battlemasters, not to mention battlemasters who have been lucky enough with the token system to have more than 1 or 2 pieces).

Why should everything just be given to people? If you want to play a game where you consistently have an advantage over everything you play against, just stick to pve. I've been 50 just over a week, and have nearly full champ/centurion gear. It's not that hard if you just grow up and play the game.

Amen. Bads will be bad.

There's a difference between things that are broken like ability lockups that require you to deselect a target and complaining that when you turn 50, you get rolled by players with better gear in a gear-based game.
I wasn't even talking about criticisms about things that were broken. I was talking about criticisms about things of a more personal nature that you dislike. Perhaps you dislike the story and felt it could be stronger if such and such happened. Or you didn't like the pacing of the game. Etc.

It's true the game is gear based, but it doesn't have to be. I don't see what gear based progression in PVP adds. I'm obviously willing to play a game with such a system, but I'm always going to question its place when I don't see the point and can think of better systems.

Edited by IceManLoneWolf

I wasn't even talking about criticisms about things that were broken. I was talking about criticisms about things of a more personal nature that you dislike. Perhaps you dislike the story and felt it could be stronger if such and such happened. Or you didn't like the pacing of the game. Etc.

It's true the game is gear based, but it doesn't have to be. I don't see what gear based progression in PVP adds. I'm obviously willing to play a game with such a system, but I'm always going to question its place when I don't see the point and can think of better systems.

You're right. You have the right to criticize.

I also have the right to criticize the fact that bad players always want to change the system, because it doesn't cater to their flaws.

This game shouldn't be gear-based. Bioware, it's time to start over. Someone bought this game not realizing gear would be a factor.

Consult IceManLoneWolf, he will design a better system. There will be no forum threads about changing that system.

I also have the right to criticize the fact that bad players always want to change the system, because it doesn't cater to their flaws.
And I"m sure that's the case with many people, but surely you are not saying that it's impossible that a good player would want to change the system.

This game shouldn't be gear-based. Bioware, it's time to start over. Someone bought this game not realizing gear would be a factor.
When did I say I bought this game not expecting it to be gear based? I think even in my last post I basically said that the gear based progression in PVP was not a deal breaker.

Consult IceManLoneWolf, he will design a better system. There will be no forum threads about changing that system.
I'll gladly offer my suggestions, but they really don't need me since there are many games without gear based progression that they can research. Edited by IceManLoneWolf

We all know the best pvp in the game is 10-49, and that level 50 pvp is nothing but long queues to warzones filled with pre-made teams of kids running around in full champ/bm gear farming new 50's until they quit/unsub/re-roll.

To counter this could they simply add a button so we can stop getting any xp, that will prevent us from ever getting to 50 and having to keep re-rolling.

the problem with people like you is that you jump to the conclusion that because a team does better than you they are in a pre-made. im sorry but anyone that spends 2 weeks usually has at least half a set of champ gear and even ungeared 50s dont do bad.

your crying for xp lock is a horrendous idea and i hope you have to re-roll over and over until you finally get over youself and join the pvp vs people who are better than you.

We all know the best pvp in the game is 10-49, and that level 50 pvp is nothing but long queues to warzones filled with pre-made teams of kids running around in full champ/bm gear farming new 50's until they quit/unsub/re-roll.

To counter this could they simply add a button so we can stop getting any xp, that will prevent us from ever getting to 50 and having to keep re-rolling.

They need an expertise and no expertise queue. Then folks who don't want gear messing up the good situation that just the bolster buff puts the population in, then those folks can. Even folks with Expertise gear can opt to not use it if they just want to get into a match more than once in a thousand hours on their lvl 50. Also then hitting lvl 50 won't feel like a punishment instead of an accomplishment.

They need an expertise and no expertise queue. Then folks who don't want gear messing up the good situation that just the bolster buff puts the population in, then those folks can. Even folks with Expertise gear can opt to not use it if they just want to get into a match more than once in a thousand hours on their lvl 50. Also then hitting lvl 50 won't feel like a punishment instead of an accomplishment.

They should have a good and bad queue also.

Not to mention a queue for clickers, pve-ers, and fans of Gary Busey.

So basically what you are telling me is that since you failed PvP in the first place, you want to use your 40+ toon to wipe out the 10-39 toons like how the 50's face roll you pre 1.1.

People that say that 10-49 is skill PvP, but in all the 10-49 pvp I been through:

1. No one has real tactics, its spam DPS fest because lets face it its more fun to get medals that way.

2. The 40-49's dominate this WZ now because they have the skills that the 50's had to dominate so meh.

Bottom line is that 10-49 is a spam dps fest, its not skill based, its a faceroll fest for the 42+. Whats next make another bracket for 40-49, and 10-30, then all the 22+ toons are going to face roll the other bracket.

Not that I complain, I just love how the whingers seem to whinge about anything and everything and Bioware accomodates that.

I'm waiting for the next QQ so that everything is nerfed to level 1 and we just have auto attack in PvP only, then maybe I will call skill, just maybe.

I'm sure that's the case with many people

Always the bad ones.

you are not saying that it's impossible that a good player would want to change the system.

I criticize asinine requests for change, hence what I've done in this thread. All players could make suggestions, that doesn't mean I won't criticize them.

When did I say I bought this game not expecting it to be gear based?

You make a comment below on how they should research games without gear based progression. The game's already designed with gear progression in mind. Stupidly pointless suggestion is pointless and stupid.

I think even in my last post I basically said that the gear based progression in PVP was not a deal breaker.

Congratulations?

I'll gladly offer my suggestions, but they really don't need me since there are many games without gear based progression that they can research.

This game was made with gear progression in mind. Go play one of those games instead. No doubt, the bad players are complaining about how it was designed as well.

I like separating quotes for addressing points in an attempt to sound logical with pointless argumentative responses.

True dat.

Always the bad ones.
Your blanket generalization is wrong. It would be like me saying, only bad players with a lot of time on their hands would ever want gear based progression in PVP.

You make a comment below on how they should research games without gear based progression. The game's already designed with gear progression in mind. Stupidly pointless suggestion is pointless and stupid.
Which in no way says that I expected the game not to have gear progression. And last time I checked MMOs or even just games in general can change greatly over time. It would not be hard to remove gear based progression from PVP in SWTOR.

A player's practice in PvP should be what separates them from a strictly PvE player. PvP stats are a crutch for players to have an advantage completely unrelated to their skill. PvP stats carry a lot of players sadly.
I agree. Edited by IceManLoneWolf

I agree with "Stop XP" only if this option stops the player from getting any other warzone rewards as well.

As it stands, I'd be okay with a "Stop XP" option if it was only usable at level 29. Stops people who want to take part in lower level PvP. However, I think it should also halve all Warzone rewards (at the very least, maybe something more drastic). See, the thing is that you want to stop XP, for the enjoyment. If you want achievement, you shouldn't want to stop XP.

Otherwise, you'd be reversing the whole point of the bracketed system as it stands now.

Edited by BourbonDingo

So you want to run around in lowbie bracket with your lvl 49 character in full epics with augment slots until people quit/unsub/reroll PvE?

To counter this they should add some of the xp rewards after each kill so you can't twink in 10-49.

Which in no way says that I expected the game not to have gear progression. And last time I checked MMOs or even just games in general can change greatly over time. It would not be hard to remove gear based progression from PVP in SWTOR.

You continue to bring up changes that are not going to happen. You are like Richard Simmons dreaming of unicorns and magic rainbows.

While I agree that a pvp stat is pretty stupid and I prefer well-developed pvp games that require no gear progression at all. I don't cry about it in this game. Instead I dominate. That's what separates me, a good player, from you, bad.

When I get tired of pvping in this game, I'll move on to another one and so will you. I'll play it, while you whine about it.

The fact that this game hands you pvp gear for no effort makes the fact that there is a pvp stat inconsequential, but thanks for using that argument as a crutch for lazy, blanket statement, bad players.

Honestly.. I've wished for a "stop xp" button several times in this game.

The side quests are fun... out leveling your quest line by 5 levels... not so much fun.

Using a stop xp button thou to twink.. mmmmm... not sure if I'd care about the implications of that... most games have twinks... you just level past them to end game and no more twinks... not really that big a deal...

Edited by VoidJustice

Not being funny at 34 I have 500 Merc and about 500 Commendations, just sitting there waiting, surely by the time I am level 49 I would have naturally bought the entire 40+ PvP set + the weapon?

d.

Dude, the Cap is just brutal, I bought the 40 gear and about 500 Warzone Health and Expertise Stims and will sadly probably buy 500 more by the time I level from 45-50.

Make 2 brackets:

1) 50 ranked, as the 50 bracket is now

2) 10-50 unranked, add stat caps to the bolstering, disable valor gains for level 50s is this bracket

If people want to PvP for valor/expertise gear, nothing is stopping them.

If people want to continue to PvP for "fun" instead of gear, nothing is stopping them.

If there aren't enough 50s to keep the queue times from being long, you can still PvP.

You play the game to have fun.If you do pvp pre lv50 and have fun, its ok and should not care with the people that says "lol, noob twink killing lv 10 newbies"

And tbh, i pretent to do this. I have one lv 50 toon and one lv 20 alt. My lv 50 is always fck in almost any warzones, while my little lv 20 alt is almost always top dmg, kills and medals.

The two scenarios are the same. If you are lv 49 you'll have advantages over the lv 10 newbies. If you are lv 50 champ/bm, you'll have advantages over the fresh 50.

I'll do this and with no doubt, have a lot of fun.

BTW, already having fun, even at low level.

Edited by oxente

My response to people hating on the lvl-50 bracket for being too hard - its not because they are geared better than you, it's because they are playing as a team and when you play as a team, you win every time. Pre-made or not, its a numbers game - when multiple players co-ordinate their efforts to plant a bomb, cap a point, or score a ball, their odds of success depends on the co-ordination of players on the opposing team to muster the appropriate defense.

Pre-mades rolling your team? It's probably because your too busy QQing in general chat after 2 mins saying things like "GG PREMADE" instead of trying to mount a defense.

My pre-mades have been rolled by other pre-mades when the four other players have been noobs and wont cooperate. I've also made it into queues where 7/8 players on my hutball team happen to be in my guild and are on vent with us - naturally we stomp face.

TL;DR - not L2P class, L2P team