They need to add a "stop xp" option to prevent leveling up

Evuke

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know the best pvp in the game is 10-49, and that level 50 pvp is nothing but long queues to warzones filled with pre-made teams of kids running around in full champ/bm gear farming new 50's until they quit/unsub/re-roll.

To counter this could they simply add a button so we can stop getting any xp, that will prevent us from ever getting to 50 and having to keep re-rolling.

Because you want to sit at 49 killing lower levels?

So many people don't understand that skill =/= knowing which button to push when. Skill is much broader than that. Skill is knowing when to engage, when not to engage, when to run when to stand, when to interupt, what gear to use (trust me all of 1 set is almost never the best choice). What stats to mod, what stats to keep. Knowing the range of your team, knowing your own personal range. Skill has so much to do with winning that while yes gear is a factor, a sub par geared but much better skilled player will still roll over a crappy 100% battlemaster geared player.

Why not just fix PVP at 50?

Why not just adapt to the system?

Bad players try to change the system to fit them.

Good players adapt.

You have just as much possibility to gear out as anyone else. Champ gear in this game is practically welfare gear.

Not to mention, the whole concept of staying at 49 isn't much different than getting a bunch of pvp gear at 50. You are taking any advantage you can.

Quit complaining and hit 50, get your welfare pvp gear and then find out it doesn't help you clickers and back-peddlers.

Quit complaining and hit 50, get your welfare pvp gear and then find out it doesn't help you clickers and back-peddlers.

Bah, then we'll just hear complaints about how bindings are OP and we should only be allowed to bind one row of keys, and that back-peddling should move faster than running forward.

I'd be fine with that. Even though I'm on my way to 50 to go against the odds and fight through the pre-mades. I score a lot in Huttball without getting a high number of kills or putting out a lot of damage. Just be a little creative and smart in different situations and you can always find a way (where there is a will).

I think they should turn off the options to gain XP and allow you commendations to keep buying boxes and stims, etc. The 1% expertise or whatever you get with your weapon is not like some "god mode" like people make it out to be. Maybe it'll make your fight 3-5 seconds shorter. grats?

Bah, then we'll just hear complaints about how bindings are OP and we should only be allowed to bind one row of keys, and that back-peddling should move faster than running forward.

True, I think maybe the ability delay was put in to level the playing field for clickers.

We all know the best pvp in the game is 10-49, and that level 50 pvp is nothing but long queues to warzones filled with pre-made teams of kids running around in full champ/bm gear farming new 50's until they quit/unsub/re-roll.

To counter this could they simply add a button so we can stop getting any xp, that will prevent us from ever getting to 50 and having to keep re-rolling.

Sounds like the level 49 wants to farm lower levels .... puts the 'filled with pre-made teams of kids running around in full champ/bm gear farming new 50's' into perspective now doesn't it :rolleyes:

I would like an experience lock as well, even if locked people can only get in warzone with other locked people. (and hopefully, this special warzone queue is cross-server, this is my wishful thinking.)

Because in my opinion, PvP and gear progression don't get along.

Gear progression has to take PvE people into account. PvE gear progression should be steep, because company could set gear check bosses, it could give people more incentives to grind gear and etc; while PvP gear progression should be flat, because getting roflstomped is frustrating, roflstomping others is boring.

Pre-50 PvP is fun because everyone has similar gear. For locked experience PvP, it's easy to get the best, or near best gear (crafting) so everyone can still have similar gear.

In WoW, too. In Cataclysm I had the most fun PvP in Alterac Valley during level 70-74, because everyone is in Brutal Gladiator gear.

Translation: I don't want to do the work because then I'd have to get gear at 50, and that's no fun. Here, I can max my gear at 49, have a ridiculous amount of HP and power, and go back to squashing level 10s without any challenge. And if anyone complains about what I'm doing, I'll just tell them "get to level 49 or stop playing." ;)

Edited by Knifewrench

Translation: I don't want to do the work because then I'd have to get gear at 50, and that's no fun. Here, I can max my gear at 49, have a ridiculous amount of HP and power, and go back to squashing level 10s without any challenge. And if anyone complains about what I'm doing, I'll just tell them "get to level 49 or stop playing." ;)

^^

Thank you for the translation knife... Port Nowhere win.

Why not just adapt to the system?

Bad players try to change the system to fit them.

Good players adapt.

So I take it you don't ever have any criticisms of any games you play because you are one of these so called "good adaptable" players, right?

And anyone that continues to play the game is going to be forced to adapt, but that doesn't mean they aren't going to long for something better.

Edited by IceManLoneWolf

So I take it you don't ever have any criticisms of any games you play because you are one of these so called "good adaptable" players, right?

And anyone that continues to play the game period is forced to adapt, but that doesn't mean they aren't going to long for something better.

There's a difference between things that are broken like ability lockups that require you to deselect a target and complaining that when you turn 50, you get rolled by players with better gear in a gear-based game.

You are saying this in a thread where people want to stay at 49 to roll 10s instead of going to 50 and getting rolled by expertise for what would be less than a week if they attempted to get gear.

You will be forced to adapt in every game.

There's a difference between things that are broken like ability lockups that require you to deselect a target and complaining that when you turn 50, you get rolled by players with better gear in a gear-based game.

You are saying this in a thread where people want to stay at 49 to roll 10s instead of going to 50 and getting rolled by expertise for what would be less than a week if they attempted to get gear.

You will be forced to adapt in every game.

Tbh it's more these 2hr queues for the 50 warzones people are talking about that worry me.

Edited by Evuke

This creates more problems than it solves, because you end up with twinks who grind their characters for max gear at their level and then they run around and stomp 90% of players because they have the good gear. So long as gear is more than appearance, the problem that faces all PvPers when we reach 50 will still be present.