Bioware SHOOTS themselves in the Foot

Qauisimoto

Well its nice to be the New kid on the block in any MMO but thanks to yet another flawed Dev team and flawed marketing group Bioware is making the biggest market blunder of all.

Want to compete with World of Warcraft?

Want to stay on top for longer than 6 months?

Stop changing the game because all the little kids play saber wielding classes are crying.

I already have spoken to a few guilds and many of them are already fed up with all the changes and the game has so far.

Nerfing pvp bags, nerfing valor gains, exp gains in WZs, for losses, the big valor exploitation recently and the big post (Under Investigation) yeah ok.

Truth is its apparent Bioware is nerfing this and nerfing that and for no other reason that they are freaking out over all the crybabies.

News for you Bioware if you can't look into the past and see that FAIL logic then by all means crash and burn before your time.

So now they want to nerf the hell out of some abilities cutting them down by half durations reducing damage and buffs to abilties, so what class is next for the chopping block?

Funny if they deciced to nerf every class all at once the uproar would be deafening and reach the far outer rim of the Galaxy but this way its a nerf here a nerf there and its not that big of a deal right?

Wrong Bioware is about to find out that the ten year olds crying the most are not the majority of paying customers, in fact its the older gamers like myself that have been disapointed by companies marketing one game in beta and releaseing a differnt version after, only to destroy what it originally was to begin with.

Not as intended, undesired effects, are all buisness terms for ******** we better cave in quick or we'll lose subs.

You already lost some subs and your about to lose a whole lot more.

I personally am pissed about the whole pvp situation, the 50s that lved in the first 7 days out of headstart benifited from just about equal valor gains, exp gains and com gains win or lose.

Bioware decided to nerf this and double the cost of pvp gear. so who won on that deal?

Let me tell all of you the losers are everyone playing the game now becasue those players are valor rank 65 with battlemaster gear and impossible to even compete on any level at the 50 bracket.

So where is this game headed and who is driving it?

I think Senator Palpatine got drunk and took the company Limo out for a drive.

This is just one big fat chunk of anger and rage.

If I were roleplaying, I would tell you to channel that anger for something useful. Ya know, like constructive criticism.

Or - and I know this sounds nuts - just ignore the forums, and play the game. Changes will happen. Let them come, and just play.

This is just one big fat chunk of anger and rage.

If I were roleplaying, I would tell you to channel that anger for something useful. Ya know, like constructive criticism.

Or - and I know this sounds nuts - just ignore the forums, and play the game. Changes will happen. Let them come, and just play.

While this is true... and it is expected for a game this young to have balancing patches...

I still agree with the OP that its pretty bad sign when a company starts 'rebalancing' around crying and nerfing. I can say I left games due to every patch turning into nerf fest, and if it indeed turns that way here I'll do the same again. It's just ridiculous to give someone the abilities/tools he builds his toon around then keep taking away one thing after the other, I cannot play like that. To me RPG is about development, not losing what you could do/what you had every other patch.

Hope it does not go that far tho.

I left Warhammer Online after the Bright wizards nerf not because it wasnt needed (the class was definitely OP) but because they nerfed it so bad that the class became a joke.

I left Rift because of all the nerf cries being attended. And i will leave swtor if this game becomes a nerf fest.

Edited by liquidus

Does this really surprise you? How many of the games population do think came from WoW? And to ask a further question, how much of their money do you think is making up the sub numbers?

OP: I'm not ragging on you or anything I actually can agree a lot with your rant. But really I ask you, you couldn't see this coming?

FFS how hard is it to instead of nerfing boosting classes that needs a boost. That way people wont get mad. They will get happy because their class gets improved instead.

Bioware are idiots and they will destroy this game quicker than you can spell Warhammer Online.

Edited by Radiozo

So much rage, so much hate, omg they cant ever change things to satisfy people like you unless your standing ontop of a pile of corpses of your enemies that you killed entirely by yourself while only pushing 3 buttons and eating a sammich with your free hand. God I pity people like you, go back to single player games if you just that bad at mmo's

FFS how hard is it to instead of nerfing boosting classes that needs a boost. That way people wont get mad. They will get happy because their class gets improved instead.

Bioware are idiots and they will destroy this game quicker than you can spell Warhammer Online.

Because the same people who rolled that op class because it is op will still view it as a nert and still cry tears till they make rivers, or they get back to their op status. Only buffing leads to power creep, sometimes a nerf has to come, and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

"I left Warhammer Online after the Bright wizards nerf not because it wasnt needed (the class was definitely OP) but because they nerfed it so bad that the class became a joke.

I left Rift because of all the nerf cries being attended. And i will leave swtor if this game becomes a nerf fest. "

100% the same scenario as you and 100% agree that I and some friends are and will be leaving if someone does not get control of that nerf hammer.

Yes there are a lot of things that need to be fixed. It would be nice if BW could fix that stuff first before Nerfing classes.

Animation Delay

Defense being worthless

armor being worthless

Resolve issues

expertise issues

and all the other things that are wrong with the system. Look at the systems not the class. I think you will find what you are looking for there.

For the record I *********** hate operatives/scoundrels right now but fix the stuff first then balance out the classes as needed. Lets not do another blizzard fotm game please. 5 years was enough for me.

Edited by ZoreWon

I left Vanguard because my class (Druid) was nerfed into oblivion

I left WoW because my class (Rogue) was nerfed into oblivion

I left Rift because my class (Riftstalker tank spec) was nerfed into oblivion

I will be leaving swtor if this patch renders my operative useless. This time i thought i was safe rolling the LEAST played class, but again after a month of hard work grinding boring pve quests, grinding gear and grinding crafting....again they fundamentally change the class i rolled.

When will developers learn that nerfing loses customers, sure slight tweaks i can live with. but not 50% reductions in stuns combined with 20% damage reductions of one ability combined with 20% less armor penetration of all attacks......after patch the operative sounds like it's going to be a total gimp.

I see whingers. They are everywhere.

I laugh when you people don't have the numbers and Bioware does, yet you guys know better? amirite?

If Op's are 30% (random figure, pull your head in) ahead of everyone else, you all prefer to bring every other class up to make up the different? hence screwing up the game balance when you go do missions or PvE against NPC's.

The content will become a joke #$#%$%@#$@#s.

Seriously think before you type.

Edited by SirSlayAlot

I left Vanguard because my class (Druid) was nerfed into oblivion

I left WoW because my class (Rogue) was nerfed into oblivion

I left Rift because my class (Riftstalker tank spec) was nerfed into oblivion

I will be leaving swtor if this patch renders my operative useless. This time i thought i was safe rolling the LEAST played class, but again after a month of hard work grinding boring pve quests, grinding gear and grinding crafting....again they fundamentally change the class i rolled.

When will developers learn that nerfing loses customers, sure slight tweaks i can live with. but not 50% reductions in stuns combined with 20% damage reductions of one ability combined with 20% less armor penetration of all attacks......after patch the operative sounds like it's going to be a total gimp.

Well in that case come join the Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior club of gimps... we got plenty of spots open.

I see you have mastered the Art of Nerd Rage...

I'm a paying customer and so Its my choice to voice my opinion or vent and that's your reply?? Your an idiot and stop using every other fanboy's response to a thread nerd rage, you post on the internet crap because your NOT standing in the same room with someone you wouldn't dare say a word to because your an internet coward.

You don't know me or anything about me so keep your negative worn out comments to yourself I'm entitled to my opinion without your crap.

Well in that case come join the Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior club of gimps... we got plenty of spots open.

I've re-rolled a sorc for now, i figure my theory about rolling the least played classes (rift and swtor) has proven wrong, so now i am going with the most played class......there's safety from nerfs in numbers......simple math, when there's 60% of the player base playing one class, then most of the nerf calls are going to be about other classes.

Edited by Evuke

I've re-rolled a sorc for now, i figure my theory about rolling the least played classes (rift and swtor) has proven wrong, so now i am going with the most played class......there's safety from nerfs in numbers!

Level 30 Sage and still going... It's not like my first class choice is getting anything other than cosmetic improvements.

Edit: I do hope Bioware will not shoot themselves in the foot but rather shoot Gabe in the head.

On second thought... I hope EA gets tired of losing money and does Bioware a favor by shooting him, since they seem to lack Resolve (much like in the game) :)

Edited by Arlette

I laugh when you people don't have the numbers and Bioware does, yet you guys know better? amirite?

If Op's are 30% (random figure, pull your head in) ahead of everyone else, you all prefer to bring every other class up to make up the different? hence screwing up the game balance when you go do missions or PvE against NPC's.

The content will become a joke you #$#%$%@#$@#s.

They are, and you're not. While the OP was simply raging, the simple truth is the numbers do not equate to the actual experience of game play. This is why in science you TEST your theory to see if it can predict the results/stats, and not the other way around. That's why they have a public test server. So yes, players frequently know more than developers do.

There was a poster in this thread who stated that if they fixed all of the bugs first and saw what that did, BW could then address class balance in a cohesive, unified, and logical way. Why did he say that? Because he is a player and his experience is that the dysfunctional stats and other bugs contribute significantly to the problem. Why is this important? Because a spreadsheet will not necessarily reveal it unless you very specifically set it up to track how bugs influence the combat. However, it will show up in game play every time and players will figure it out and notify the developers. Which, again, is why they set up a public test server. See how this works. Theory, then test, then re-develop the theory to explain new data, then test again...It's called the scientific method, and it has been around and improving the lives of us all since Aristotle laid the foundations for it in ancient Greece.

Edited by RobNightfall

The content will become a joke you #$#%$%@#$@#s.

Actually, I do get loads of metrics -- the WZ scoreboards.

Every see Ops top the damage meters? No? Then why nerf them to the ground?

Answer -- whingy Sorcs like you demanded it.

Actually, I do get loads of metrics -- the WZ scoreboards.

Every see Ops top the damage meters? No? Then why nerf them to the ground?

Answer -- whingy Sorcs like you demanded it.

Actually I'm not a sorcorer so your whole argument just went out the window. Nice one.

Why are ops not on top of damage meters? Easy answer and if you watched gameplay you would know.

They sit in stealth and wait and find players out on their own. That's how the class works, that's how people play them. They don't engage straight away and hit every ability until everyone is dead, maximizing their dps like a trooper would.

Why nerf them? Because they would win 95% of the time 1v1.

You should probably use more than a scoreboard for your assessments, Bioware does.

Edited by SirSlayAlot

Actually I'm not a sorcorer so you whole argument just went out the window. Nice one.

Why are ops not on top of damage meters? Easy answer and if you watched gameplay you would know.

They sit in stealth and wait and find players out on their own. That's how the class works, that's how people play them. They don't engage straight away and hit every ability until everyone is dead, maximizing their dps like a trooper would.

Why nerf them? Because they would win 95% of the time 1v1.

You should probably use more than a scoreboard for your assessments, Bioware does.

Why are you writing in purple text. Acting like you are some big shot guy working for bioware or some kinda bigger "boss" of who decide what is gonna be written on the forum?

I agree with this 100%. Instead of nerfing the OP classes, buff Sorcerers. I think Force Pull and/or Force Charge would round out our utility nicely.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.