MMO Mouse/Gamepad?

Peteflame

Personly i have an Logitech G700 Mouse which i love. But im actually thinking of getting a Razer Nostromo Keypad. Mainly because it feels like a good suppliment to the whole gaming experience.

If you are after a new mouse Razer is actually releasing their Swtor Razer naga mouse. It looks kind of sweet in style and all that. And its an solid mouse if you love tones of buttons.

Happy gaming.

Also is the 'Epic' worth the extra $40-$50?

Thanks heaps for any help :)

If you dont like cords its a solid choise, you can also use the mouse with the cord in if it needs to recharge so you dont need to stop playing or anything. But, if you can live with a cord well then it's not money well spent.

I have a regular razor gaming mouse right now and I love it.

I've been thinking about getting one of the razor MMO mice though since the 12 buttons on the side look like a great way to play.

My only problem is that I love the way my current razor mouse has the on-the-fly adjustable DPS buttons on the top.

Sometimes I find that SWTOR is a little sensitive when it comes to camera sensitivity so I easily click one of the buttons to slow down my mouse sensitivity. When I'm playing other games like LotRO or Battlefield 3, I crank it back up again with no fuss.

Are there any of these cool 12 button MMO mice with a DPS sensitivity adjustment built into the mouse?

But im actually thinking of getting a Razer Nostromo Keypad. Mainly because it feels like a good suppliment to the whole gaming experience.

I looked at the keypad online (so i wouldn't look stupid as to not knowing what it was) and it seems like a mini keyboard that no one really needs. Like if you don't mind using a mouse, do what i do, I use ESDF to move instead of WASD, that way i get the W,Q,A,Z,X,C,V,G,T,R keys all around my movement to use as abilities, etc. That's 10 keys, just like the keys around on the keypad if you used the arrow ones as movment.

I use the Saitek Pro Gamer Command Unit for playing MMOs, I find it ideal. It has 20 programmable buttons and a thumb stick; I use the thumbstick to control movement, 2 buttons by the thumbstick I bind to alt and ctrl to use different toolbar rows then have other keys bound to fire off abilities, tab target, open minimap and jump.

My mouse choice is pretty limited as I'm a big guy with big hands and also have arthritis in them, so have to pick one that's comfortable to use. I find the Saitek Cyborg v3 to be comfortable to use and it also has a few programmable buttons.

Interesting review.

As a left hander, I'd be interested to know whether a mouse like the Razer would work ok. If not, anything that people can recommend for us lefties?

As a leftie there are very few choices :( On the bright side I love my left handed Razer Deathadder (http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_GB/pd/productID.182251700) It's very comfortable and all the buttons are easy to reach.

I looked at the keypad online (so i wouldn't look stupid as to not knowing what it was) and it seems like a mini keyboard that no one really needs. Like if you don't mind using a mouse, do what i do, I use ESDF to move instead of WASD, that way i get the W,Q,A,Z,X,C,V,G,T,R keys all around my movement to use as abilities, etc. That's 10 keys, just like the keys around on the keypad if you used the arrow ones as movment.

I have an similar layout as you do walking on edsf and binding qwrtgca as skill buttons i also use modifiers on my mouse as Alt and Control so i can use the same button 3 times. But why i was thinking of getting an Nostromo was more for comfort, it's not as big as a keyboard so you can get better posture with it while playing. And having multiple thumb buttons helps a lot

So its basically 2 for the price of one deal for me.

I use the razer Nostromo and have to say I love it... 16 programmable keys. a Dpad so you can move around using your thumb...it keeps the other hand free...You can also program the Nostromo for many different settings I have a swtor setup, Rift set up...I also have a second swtor for Pvp and different characters I use.

Agreed that the Nostromo is a fantastic little gizmo. Individually programmable buttons are incredible.

I've found that overall my hands are a little too small to comfortably reach every button though. Since I bought it from PC world, their exchange policy is nonexistent if it isnt faulty.

I'm going to throw it on ebay and Hope I can get 90% of the cash back.

Shame for something less than a week old and used for an hour lol.

I also have a Razor Nostromo. I find it a must for any game like MMOs where there are more keys than I can easily reach on the keyboard with one hand. (So, basically anything with lots of abilities.)

It's not just the base programmable keys that are the thing. You also have eight keymap setups. You can switch between them various ways, including being able to say, "as long as this is pressed, you're in keymap x, otherwise keymap y." In another game, I had the four primary directions on the thumb pad set to four different keymaps (plus a fifth as default), with 16 programmable keys in every one (plus the wheel next to the keypad, which like a mouse wheel has forward, back, and click). In Star Wars, I use the two thumb-type buttons to switch keymaps, just to try something different.

I recommend buying it someplace local where you can return it if you don't like it. It's not cheap, but it's well worth the $75 or so I paid for it.

Good thread, I'm considering investing £100 or so in something like these. I am considering getting a Naga and a Nostromo. But then there is the G13 as well.

I like this game but not being a PC gamer as a rule I have struggled with reaction time for things I need with so many keybinds and not structuring them ideally on my 50. I have started an alt so I think I will learn the new setup with this and then rebind my main to fit.

I need to look at G13 vs Nostromo reviews I think!

I use the Saitek Pro Gamer Command Unit for playing MMOs, I find it ideal. It has 20 programmable buttons and a thumb stick; I use the thumbstick to control movement, 2 buttons by the thumbstick I bind to alt and ctrl to use different toolbar rows then have other keys bound to fire off abilities, tab target, open minimap and jump.

I also use the Saitek Cyborg command unit, which is very similar. Much cheaper than the Razor keypad, though not *quite* as many buttons. Works very well.

• 3 months later...

My mouse choice is pretty limited as I'm a big guy with big hands and also have arthritis in them, so have to pick one that's comfortable to use. I find the Saitek Cyborg v3 to be comfortable to use and it also has a few programmable buttons.

I am having trouble with that exact command unit....any chance you could email me a copy of your profile?

I also have the naga, love the mouse. They come with these little sticky pads you can put on the buttons in different patterns to help train yourself for the number's. I lost mine which stinks because I haven't used my month in like 6 months for gaming. In another note they are developing a left handed naga now too, though it will be awhile before its out.

Hey guys,

Just wondering if there are any cool game pads or a specifically design mouse for this kind of game. I find I look at my action bar way to much.

Cheers,

Like what many people say.. The Razer Naga... I use the SWTOR Razer mouse, which is the same thing and I love it.

Keyboard, I have the Razer Black Widow Ultimate Stealth edition.. and it is frickin awesome.

The naga is relatively inexpensive (if you are on a budget do not bother with the SWTOR mouse, very pricey). Pretty much any keyboard from razer is a good buy.

Interesting review.

As a left hander, I'd be interested to know whether a mouse like the Razer would work ok. If not, anything that people can recommend for us lefties?

Not really. But if you wait a year Razer has stated they will be making a left-handed Naga.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.