Hardmode Flashpoints; No loot variance for premade groups

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've given up hope of ever seeing a solution or response on this. :(

Between this and the buggy endgame encounters, I've really lost the spark to play. I only log on for raids and have no fun doing it.

Mass 3 can't get here soon enough.

Just want to add my group in as well:

Vanguard (Tank)

Gunslinger (DPS)

Sage (DPS)

Scoundrel (Healer)

The vast majority of our drops are JK. However, we've actually ran with a Guardian Tank instead of a Vanguard tank on a couple of occasions and have still received JK gear.

The only exception to the 'JK gear all the time' rule seems to be False Emperor, where we always get a Trooper chest drop (Except for the one time we brought a JK tank and got a JK chest drop, so maybe it's dependant on the tank's class) and the bonus boss in Kaon which always dropped Smuggler headgear tokens (which is now changed).

I swear, Bowdaar is SOOOOOO overgeared for both myself and our Gunslinger.

Kaon's the worst. I've literally got 6 JK headpiece tokens. I'd remove the mods, but they're worthless to all of us and I don't want to spend that kind of cash on Bowdaar, especially since he's better geared than most players right now.

I would like to post results from my group here.

Sage/DPS - 3/5 columi

Shadow/Tank - 4/5 columi

Scoundrel/DPS - 4/5 columi

Scoundrel/Healer - 2/5 columi

We have run probably around 25 or so HM's.

The only thing that is an upgrade for us is columi so only the final boss matters, so we don't pay attention to the other loot since we vendor it.

We get a lot of AIM gear.

But when looking at other people's results I must look lucky.

I am the 4/5 scoundrel. I am going to use my columi tokens to buy the pants that I am missing, which would put me at 5/5, so the 2/5 scoundrel doesn't have to roll against me for the drop.

So things don't appear too scewed for my group, which is odd considering for loot drops it is not ideal.

Edited by sgpigeon

After 25+ HM runs with the same group:

Vanguard/Tank - 1/5

Sage/Healer - 1/5

Sentinel/DPS - 2/5

Smuggler/DPS - 5/5 + duplicates for pets

There has been 1 duplicate piece for JK, 1 for sage, and none for trooper, which puts the smuggler drops at better than 75%.

As the tank it took me 17 runs to even see a drop for my class. The amount of time and effort put into running these for so little return on that effort is frustrating and discouraging to say the very least. I've played a lot of other MMOs over the years, and dealt with strings of bad luck with regard to RNG, but this just feels broken, like so much else in this game.

Adding my group to the list.

Juggernaut DPS

Powertech Tank

Sorc heals

Mercenary DPS/Marauder DPS (interchangeable depending on which is on)

We run 2-3 HM every day an excess of 50 runs and have had 43 of the columi drops be for agent/smuggler I have fully 2 columi companions (vette and quinn) and my whole group is that way we are getting around 90% agent drops with no agent present. I feel the tokens should only drop if you have the appropriate class I don't care if I lose a drop to someone else there but to have so many drops nobody can use is ridiculous.

Sadly, it gives me comfort to find this thread, I thought I was going crazy. Our group

Sith Assassin

Sith Sorcerer

Sith Sorcerer

Sith Maurader

About half the runs are with this group. The other half are done with just 3 of us (Black Talon, Boarding Party and Kaon)

Sith Assassin

Sith Sorcerer

Sith Sorcerer

w/ Adronikus

I don't have hard statistical facts, but I'd say we have completed at least 35 HM instances. With all 4 of us there, the epics are approximately 75% aim gear.

When we 3 man things, it is much closer to 90% aim gear.

It's extremely frustrating. If they don't address it, we're going to lose interest. It's a shame, because I love the game, and I don't mind working for drops, but when you're dealing with a loot system that's clearly broken....it's too much. We don't even have a companion that uses aim gear...

They need to address this soon.

Edited by Drate

I still don't understand why an instance can't somehow "scan" the group and only drop items that are usable by those 4 classes. It's kind of a waste of time otherwise if you're only running the instance for loot.

I think it does scan the group and adjust but one of the two things are happening:

A. It's broken.

B. It's an intentional attempt to keep everyone from maxing out gear before more content can be created.

Our setup :

Jug tank, sorc healer,sorc dps and marauder.

We did alot of hm runs.

Mostly bounty hunter/trooper token drops.

We did about 10 False empreror run. So only our healer(sorc) has chest piece. Rest drops are bh/trooper and 1x IA/smuggler.

My aim companion have 2x chest i have 0 lol

Edited by mutsuru

1 Guardian (Tank)

2 Sentinels (DPS)

1 Sage (Healer - Me)

We get mostly Trooper drops with Smuggler a close second. When our Commando heals in my place, we get mostly Smuggler drops with Consular a close second.

I would argue that we have a useful drop 1 in every 5 runs. However, like a previous poster, we also see a weird phenomena where if the first drop in our run is for a specific class, the rest of the drops tend to go for that same class right through the final boss.

Random drops may be random but what gives me pause is that a number of us appear to be experiencing the same problem. I will run a bunch more this weekend and keep a chart of what dropped. If I have time, I will update.

Teepster

Edited by Teepster

What seems to add the variance to the drops is having one of each basic class in the group. When we ran with no smuggler (was Vanguard/Sentinel/Sage/Commando) we saw ZERO trooper gear over a several week span. When we run with one of each class we see drops that we've never seen before AS WELL as differing drops on each of the same instances with that same group.

I see lots of group requests looking for a specific class and role "Op heals" for example. This increases the chances of loot going to a player as opposed to a pet, as well as encouraging non Force user class play.

Given the absence of an automated cross server pug tool all this anecdotal data may suggest BW is intentionally but silently encouraging diversity of classes in grouping through the loot drop system. Imagine the explosive response to a dev comment that the loot table is "working as intended, try more diverse classes in groups".

Or it could simply be an awful RNG mechanic in a new game destined to run off casual gamers.

I have seen it as well as countless people on multible threads. So dont listen to ******* who think its just unlucky. With all the godamn bugs in this game i cant bleieve poeple find it impossible to believe that there is something wrong with the loot table. I have played other mmo's and been on the forums and once in a while a thread will come along like someone complaining aobut a loot table, but never so many people in such a small period of time. i have been running multible hm's since i hit a week and a half ago on my alt war tank and i have not gotten 1 warrior token yet all i see is countless bh **** and of course we dont run one.

Based on party make up and loot posted by those in this forum, here is my theory

Inq = 23% BH Gear

BH = 23% Inq Gear

Agent = 23% War Gear

War = 23% Agent Gear

+ 8% Random

IE Sorc DPS + Sorc Heals + Assasin Tank + BH DPS = 69% BH Gear or 23% Inq Gear

or 8% Random

Edited by gotheon

I want to report the same thing happening. Our group is normally a guardian tank, A sentinel DPS, Gunslinger DPS, and Sage healer.

We've been running HMs for the past month. We all started doing HMs together at roughly the same time. Our Gunslinger and Sage have received every columi gear, many of which have been replaced with pieces of rakata from dailies, crafting, HM Ops, etc. The guardian and sentinel have 3 pieces of Columi which they bought with commendations.

That is to say, there were absolutely no drops for JKs in over 30 HMs, while the Sage and Gunslinger obtained full Columi within a week without having to buy any gear with commendations.

I have a hard time believing that loot drops are truly random in this game. It is truly a discouraging situation when you have earned more Rakata gear before Columi gear simply through doing dailies and crafting.

Edited by sparkyboyyoyyo

I was running HM's and 8 mans, but had some trouble healing (Trooper healing) the 8 mans, so I dropped out of those and focused more on HM's to gear up, but ended up giving up after some time.

D7 is a joke with all of its bugs. I ran it several times and each drop was either Smuggler or Jedi Knight. And naturally, we never either one in our party.

I also hit Taral V a few times with no Trooper drop.

The one I ran the most was Kaon and it ALWAYS dropped Consular gear.

The should at least scale the drop to your party.

Please, remove class restriction from barter items.

I totally agree with this.

Moreover, it is frustrating to complete a hardmode and see a barter item drop for a class which is not present in the group.

I know the system is random and working as intended. But the loot system needs to be looked at!

Based on party make up and loot posted by those in this forum, here is my theory

Inq = 23% BH Gear

BH = 23% Inq Gear

Agent = 23% War Gear

War = 23% Agent Gear

+ 8% Random

IE Sorc DPS + Sorc Heals + Assasin Tank + BH DPS = 69% BH Gear or 23% Inq Gear

or 8% Random

Very interesting theory...... seems to fit what I have seen.

Lets assume that what BW really meant to do was:

Inq = 23% Inq Gear

BH = 23% BH Gear

Agent = 23% Agent Gear

War = 23% War Gear

+ 8% Random

so that the more of a particular class you had in a group, the higher chance you had of something dropping for your class. But instead, the coding is goofed up and instead has the quoted percentages.

I guess we will never know and threads like this will continue.

The loot system is literally starting to make me lose my mind and honestly starting to make me dislike the game. I haven't run as many hard modes as some of the people in this forum, but I have run 25+ hard modes and 1 ops so far. In those 25 hard modes I received 1 columni drop and 1 from the ops. Then we brought an under-geared smuggler from the guild and within 1 ops and 1 hard mode had received 3 columni pieces and 3 tionese pieces. I was ready to rip my hair out of my head because of how frustrating that was. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? I've heard enough about, oh that's just how it is, it's just random, that's the way of end game mmo's. I thought this game was suppose to be innovative in the MMO genre, why is it necessary to recreate this incredibly frustrating system of gear drops? Why can't you make the columni commendations actually worth something? Why can't gear be measured by hard work and not pure luck where most of the time you get frustrated and pissed off? How is it ok that someone who has run one operation and one hard mode better geared than someone who has run one operation and 25+ hard modes? I'm sorry, but if I was into gambling I would go to Vegas, I just want to be able to enjoy my time playing this game and not be pissed off at the end of every flashpoint.

It's called randomization. Math isn't about being fair, it's about the numbers.

HOLY ****! He's right guys, I never thought about it this way! The examples he uses to back up the statement seals the deal!!

I take back this thread, there is no possible way there could be a bug in a computer generated random system.

He's obviously the one that programmed the system with facts like these!