HPS should be Equal to Dps

SoulstitchMMO

the 30% debuff is too much, still. When DPS > HPS dps can mindlessly spam attacks to win.

This is not fair, balanced, or meaningful pvp.

Since bioware in it's infinite pvp ignorance decided to have a bolster system for pvp this is a problem from level 10 to 50.

If hps = dps, then the difference in a 1v1 situation is utility.

In swtor, the difference is just more dps.

In a 2v2 dps/dps vs. dps/healer situation the dps can focus down 1 person and ignore the other.

In a 2v2 dps/dps then they need to use various utility to fight each other.

Mindless dps, is bad for pvp. Fix this Bioware.

Oh so healers are supposed to just... suck it up for 20 levels? That seems good to you?

I had no problems with it. Are you an Operative healer? Small price to pay for being probably the best pvp healer at end game.

Edited by Oawa

Oh so healers are supposed to just... suck it up for 20 levels? That seems good to you?

Get over it. Do you also expect to automatically get all skills and talent points upon entry as well?

Eventually when populations balance out bioware will probably remove bolstering. Until then, you'll have to live with it. For 20 levels.

actually when those 10-49 are going to be competeing against level 50... it might.

I'm pretty sure that the horrible bolstering system will eventually fade away as more people hit 50

if I get matched against lower levels when I'm 50, I'll be extremely disappointed with the game

Edited by reofjsof

Low level pvp is pretty much never important (in terms of razor close balance) to any mmo.

I haven't had the luxury of pvping yet, but weaker healers make me happy. The most boring thing in the world is wow style pvp (endless healfests with noone dieing).

Bioware has given no indication that the bolstering system is temporary.

my understanding is that you're matched by PvP standing, which is going to mean that level 50s generally go against level 50s (when there are enough of them)

if this isn't the case, the system is horribly broken and will never work. Bolstering can't fill the gap caused by abilities and skill points, so the team with more low levels will always be at a serious disadvantage

They're supposed to go through and balance out pvp from level 1-50? No thanks.

I rather them focus on balancing level 50 pvp and leave everything else how it is. Doing warzones while leveling is fun, but it's not worth them paying any less amount of attention to end game.

actually when those 10-49 are going to be competeing against level 50... it might.

Actually, it doesnt, when a class comes into its own at endgame.

Lets all try getting to that point first .

Bolster might be a temporary thing, no one knows, but wishing that the game would balance itself out in low levels, the low levels where you dont have all your talents, the low levels where you dont have all your skills or powers, the low levels that have little to no good pvp gear..

Is a little silly...

50 first..then we can all cry doom k

I'm pretty sure that the horrible bolstering system will eventually fade away as more people hit 50

if I get matched against lower levels when I'm 50, I'll be extremely disappointed with the game

lol and imagine if you can get a l50 premade regularly. You just have to show up and you win.

Theres no penalty in world PvP. Honestly besides alderan are the other two warzones considered PvP or jump and click matches? Idk.. Have assisted winning a couple matches already doing zero dps. Its fun dont get me wrong but has not felt very PvPish to me, unless the idea of PvP turned into avoiding confrontation.

The tanks have to also. Because DPS is bolstered they do not get to much stronger as time goes on. Healers and Tanks both get much stronger....there is a reason for the heal debuff and when you are 50 and guarded and geared the DPS will be here crying. ZOMG nerf heals.