Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Massive Player Loss Inc

Maasterrcsaw

Tomorrow or the next day everyone who got the game for Christmas will run out of their free

month. I think we can safely assume a further 500k player loss at least. Can the servers go

under "light" such as "super light" or even just label them "Fanboys left". This is a no troll

thread just wanted to let people know the empty worlds are going to become emptier. Ok no

need to reply just read and absorb into that head of yours.

Tomorrow or the next day everyone who got the game for Christmas will run out of their free

month. I think we can safely assume a further 500k player loss at least. Can the servers go

under "light" such as "super light" or even just label them "Fanboys left". This is a no troll

thread just wanted to let people know the empty worlds are going to become emptier. Ok no

What kind of format is that? Why the double enters in the middle of sentences?

month. I think we can safely assume I have no credible evidence, so I will make up numbers. Can the servers go

under "light" such as "super light" or even just label them "Fanboys left". This is troll thread just wanted to let people know I have no clue. Ok no

Fixed that for you.

Can you please use your Crystal ball to tell me what the lottery numbers will be tomorrow? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

I love MMO post release forums,

Full of utter trash, rage, computer chair Devs, and I played a game so im a industry expert type. Good entertainment all round.

And good to see that, every update here is regarded as the end of TOR, like every update in every other MMO is heralded as the end. :)

Some things never change!

Full of utter trash, rage, computer chair Devs, and I played a game so im a industry expert type. Good entertainment all round.

And good to see that, every update here is regarded as the end of TOR, like every update in every other MMO is heralded as the end. :)

OMG, Darka. Now there is a familiar ID. How the hell are you?

*rofl* ok total troll post but i am sorry having a label for server population that say "only fanboys left" is pretty dang funny!

Safely assume a 500k loss? That's like saying I can safely assume 2 billion of the world's population will die of the black plague this year.

We can only dream :)

Actually everyone is going to die this year, remember end of the world... mayan calander etc etc... :)

So the logic is, the people who got the game for Christmas are only playing it to be generous and/or because when upon receiving the game, the "giver" and "receiver" were unaware of the subscription fee. Thus they are too poor to afford the $15 - no matter if they still wish to play. I imagine if they DISLIKED the game, regardless of a gift or not, they would have put it down by now so the servers would have already took their hit (it's usually the cheap one's who want to get their $60 worth that will push through the full free 30 days to get their moneys worth. But in this case, no money lost. Just another bad gift collecting dust :p). *shrugs*

Anyways, I'm going to safely assume this whole post is jumping the gun. Maybe next time, let's just wait the extra 2 days for the hard facts and THEN make a post saying "Hey, you guys lost XX players because of XX." Otherwise this only looks like another fail doomsday post.

0/10

Actually i believe the OP stayed at a holiday inn express last night so that explains why he is so good at this :)

Yeah, I miss the pre-release forums when all we had to complain about was the OT being closed.