Satans_Puppet

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quit comparing Football to Huttball.

At last check, I don't see firepits or acid moats sitting in stadiums, let alone lightning spam, grappling hooks, rocks thrown everywhere and what not.

In short: Comparing RL crap to IG crap is dumb.

Bottom line, it's an exploit of game mechanics, until a rep from BioWare says otherwise I will be reporting anyone doing this. I don't mind that it kills someone, but it should be a score.

And, I'll quit comparing Huttball to Football when it stops being like it. It's very obviously the inspiration for Huttball, you could even say that Soccer is as well. In both, if the ball crosses the line, it's a score. To NOT compare it is DUMB.

Well, they as you probally know you can prevent the enemy player from scoring if you drag him to the starter area when he is about 25-30m away from the topline. minimum 25m becose of the angel, and there you avoided them to score a point. It might be an exploit, I dont know. Its not comenly used on my server. Edited by vidarrene

Bottom line, it's an exploit of game mechanics, until a rep from BioWare says otherwise I will be reporting anyone doing this. I don't mind that it kills someone, but it should be a score.

And, I'll quit comparing Huttball to Football when it stops being like it. It's very obviously the inspiration for Huttball, you could even say that Soccer is as well. In both, if the ball crosses the line, it's a score. To NOT compare it is DUMB.

Ok you do that, my IGN is Shield, The Fatman server.

I do this at least 2 times a match.

GL with that lol.

Server: Vulkar Highway

IGN:cycao

i look to do this everytime i come out of spawn

What cracks me up is how people try to get the 'exploiters' in trouble. Its the devs fault, not the players. And are you really going to argue that using every possible angle to gain an advantage is wrong? Its a cut-throat world, deal with it.

The illum concept is different, they did it so they dont get spawn camped. If people are dumb enough to camp outside the base and wait to get pulled in its their own fault.

On a side note, the hutt ball tactic is not something they intended and honestly wth kind of tactic is that. If you yank me across the goal line and i have the ball it should fkin count. I filed a ticket for this about 5 days ago when it first happened to me and i got a response from a customer support rep.

here is the response.

I am Protocol Droid W5-W2, and I have received your transmission.

Thank you for contacting us regarding your issue about Powertechs and Inquisitors pulling players into their area, instantly killing the players.

We apologize for the inconvenience. We have been receiving numerous reports about this issue over the past few days.

Your report has been forwarded to the relevant department, who will investigate further. We regret we will be unable to provide you with further updates on this issue, but recommend checking future patch notes for any up to date information.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and to thank you again for the valuable feedback you have provided. Please do not hesitate to report any other issues you may encounter while playing.

Galactic Support is our specialty...

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid W5-W2 aka John

Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service

So it says to keep an eye out on patch notes, meaning they will probably aim to fix the issue.

edit:

as far as the players name who did this. Hell who gives a ****, i do see it as an exploit only because you lose your score but its not a game breaking exploit. I have also not seen anyone abuse it, and by abuse i mean sit there all match waiting for the ball carrier. Had i seen that i would report him, using it when you come out of spawn i can understand. Hell it almost made me want to switch my sin to darkness just to be able to pull it off.

Edited by xJeTsTaRx

THis is the first time I'd encountered this little tactic.

So when my team started to complain, I went over to have a look and sure enough on HIdden Beks, one Empire player was insta killing the person with the ball before they could cross the line by pulling them up to the spawn point.

I popped into /say to have it out with this player who didn't seem pleased that as a healer he couldn't kill me, so there I was casting my heals on myself and telling him that he's a cheat while trying to batter the poop out of me.

What I discovered was the same mentality of those trading kills on Ilum "BW allows it so.... it must be okay."

BW allows insta kills when enemies get into the spawn point so that no spawn killing occurs, not so that it can be exploited by players to attempt to win a game.

Needles to say they still lost 5-0 and I moved on but this mentality of some players, this lack of a moral compass and fair play from the community is going to ruin the game. I see here every day that BW are screwing up the game but at the end of the day it's the communities behaviour at using exploits like this which damages the game for those of us who want to play the game as it is supposed to be played!

It's Huttball. Weapons, namecalling and cheating are all encouraged.

THis is the first time I'd encountered this little tactic.

So when my team started to complain, I went over to have a look and sure enough on HIdden Beks, one Empire player was insta killing the person with the ball before they could cross the line by pulling them up to the spawn point.

I popped into /say to have it out with this player who didn't seem pleased that as a healer he couldn't kill me, so there I was casting my heals on myself and telling him that he's a cheat while trying to batter the poop out of me.

What I discovered was the same mentality of those trading kills on Ilum "BW allows it so.... it must be okay."

BW allows insta kills when enemies get into the spawn point so that no spawn killing occurs, not so that it can be exploited by players to attempt to win a game.

Needles to say they still lost 5-0 and I moved on but this mentality of some players, this lack of a moral compass and fair play from the community is going to ruin the game. I see here every day that BW are screwing up the game but at the end of the day it's the communities behaviour at using exploits like this which damages the game for those of us who want to play the game as it is supposed to be played!

First: its not like you can hang out up there, so its very much an amazing timing thing to even be able to do this.

Second: I pull people up there all the time, I have never had it not count for a score when I have done so, i normally do it because no one is stopping them anywhere so i'm going to reward the score with an instant death.

Third: the reverse is true, if you see a BH or a Trooper standing on the ledge looking like he is waiting for you to get close enough to pull you, toss the ball to him, it instant kills him and the ball returns to your hands.

If it is not counting for a score, it is a bug and BW should address it, with things like 'if you get 6 points in huttball, you often don't get credit for your daily' etc. Pulling people to there deaths though is not that big a deal, but they should fix the bug where it occasionally doesn't count as a score.

Although that would make for a much more entertaining game.

On a separate note, I object to the title of this post. Rebs most definitely use this tactic as well.

Yes they do but once again its just a wine post. yes PVP is broke but it is broke for everybody.

So, you think pulling a player across the goal line to instant kill him isn't an exploit? It should be an automatic score.

This IS, without a doubt, a blatant abuse/exploitation of a flaw in game mechanics.

BTW, everything that is in the game that doesn't require a third party program or a hacking of program files/settings is part of game mechanics, and yes, if they give a person an unfair advantage then they ARE exploits. That is the very definition of an exploit. Everything else is a cheat.

Once again a very good example of why people should use their brains before the post.

I hate to do it but the very reason you give supporting your exploit theory, disproves it. It offers no larger advantage to one side or the other since both sides have the ability in their arsenal. It's odd that the system registers the death before the score though.

ok you need to rename this thread and take out the Empire Tactics part. ive seen repubs doing this too. don't play all high and mighty. the republic has just as many childish players and cheaters as the empire. just take out the empire tactics part of the title and ill agree with what you said.

still this is yet another mechanic that has no logic... (working as intended)

If you pull someone up to your start zone...technically he crossed the line/end zone....so the touchdown should still be good (even if the games kills the carrier after that).

Score 1 for the rotworms with the carrier killed afterwards.

Edited by Erudain

It also says get the ball across the line by any means available and you get a point!

You can all use that line all you like but the one about crossing the line and scoring comes right after!

Yes but it's not you carrying the ball across the line, it's your opponent doing it :D

I actually survived this the other day, not sure how, I got pulled over the line, scored and was up in the other team's starting area and not dead (couldn't cross barrier though).

First time I've seen that.

Also agree with poster above this is certainly not a empire only move, republic does it too.

The question of course is whether or not the it's intended behavior.

My personal view is it should allow you to instant kill the person grappled, however if they are the ball carrier it should give them an instant score as well.