Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just decided to look this up as to why I wasn't recieving any quests/romance options with Kira. Just finished Tanis (actually on my ship about to fly to Nar Shaddaa). I'm very close to 5k affection pts, I did choose the first romance option and like everyone also did not receive DS pts... which I know is supposed to happened.

My question is after Nar Shaddaa is when you're supposed to be able to get a side quest that will lead into more romance options? But if you're bugged... you simply don't get that quest? Right?

Okay, so - I've been playing my Jedi Knight throughout the entirety of my early game access. I've been loving it, level 31 now - but the romance plot was something I was looking forward to. My issue's been that, in order to make it more about my choices rather than my alignment, I chose to play with the 'show alignment gain' option off. So, naturally, when I get to speak with Kira after the mining facility encounter, and I select "[Flirt] I'll protect you", I can honestly say I didn't expect something like that to mean "Over my dead body! - DS Points!".

So, if I can confirm, then - the reason I'm not getting any dialogue or discussion with Kira (at 7100 affection) on the ship... is due to the fact that I chose to do a flirt that wasn't obviously evil when I selected it? Really? There's no way around this after you've picked the DS option at the beginning? Because frankly, I'd feel pretty betrayed if that was the case. I can only imagine plenty of people picking that option as well - even if you have the alignment gain on - simply through the natural thought process that affection and romance lead to suffering, dark side, and so forth.

Please don't tell me I'll need to reroll to fix this.

This is annoying, because I chose the dark side flirt after the fight with her brother. level 29 now and I really don't want to reroll just to fix an obvious bug that has apparently been in game for a long while now. Can bioware at least poke their head in here and say, sorry, working on a fix/not fixing it?

You've got to be *********** kidding me. I litterally chose that dark side flirt option last night not knowing it was bugged, and now I can't get any more dialogues with her. I'm 27 and do not want to reroll. Has there been any word at all from bioware on whether they are working on fixing this issue.? The companions are a very important part of my experience and this is a huge game breaker for me. And this is really something that should of been fixed a long time ago in beta. Edited by Odanrav

Wait, wait. You mean to tell me that I have to reroll now if I want any romance plot because I picked the DS option? That would explain why sometimes I'd see an indicator that she wanted to speak to me aboard the ship, but it disappears whenever I mount up or quick travl and she has nothing to say when on the ship. And this wasn't fixed in beta? What is this ****ery?! :mad: Edited by Ovan_Oh-One

I tested the "fix" last night. After the Valis mission I did not choose the darkside flirt. The next conversation I had after returning from tython I did flirt (no darkside). After that I got a few more conversations with Kira. Sadly, I know how it feels for the rest of you guys :( I messed up twice on beta..

Well, i'm going to go play SW until they get this fixed and hopefully it will work for me. I'm not going to reroll though. I hope Bioware knows about this (I'm sure they do) and have it on high priority to fix in the next patch. Otherwise I'll be very pissed.

Yeah they need to fix this, i never even got one companion mission out of Kira, i have 7000 affection points with her, the only time we spoke was during the whole "sith children" debacle.

I will certainly not re-roll because of a stupid bug on Bioware's end, they have to fix it if they expect me to pay for subscription.

Wait until tuesday maintenance patch before getting uppity about them not patching it. I highly doubt they are able to fix things like quests and storyline live. The live patch was most likely graphical related, but there were no notes so who knows *shrug*

Wish I had read this...I did the obvious "flirt" option because I wanted to romance her...

Has BioWare addressed the issue, or announced if a fix is on its way? I'm already level 33 and haven't had any chances to romance Kira.

Hehe, just the same with me. We have the same Level too. :)

That's my problem really. I don't mind if it's bugged, because all games have them. But I would at least appreciate some word from bioware on the forums or to the ticket I sent them on whether or not they are aware of this issue. And whether or not it's something that can be fixed so I know if I need to reroll or not.

yeah if only Bioware would at least acknowledge the issue...

Then we'd all be a lot happier.

I'm 28 now, and have close to 5000 affection with Kira. choose the DS flirt option and all when I could.

Don't want to reroll to get the romance arc going >.< It would kill me!

Bug or feature?

I really wanna know because i'm 6 seconds away from deleting my level 30 Jedi Guardian and starting again.

F' it, now i have a excuse to make a sentinel if a fix doesn't come in and clear up the line.

Edited by SuperSair