Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

Wishing I had seen this two days ago... I kinda put my JK on hold to get a few alts moving with friends, so I'm only around 35 and almost done with Balmorra. This makes me not want to level my Guardian until it's fixed :(. Hopefully we'll see something soon, I liked where her story was going, romance or not, and I really want to see where it goes.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wishing I had seen this two days ago... I kinda put my JK on hold to get a few alts moving with friends, so I'm only around 35 and almost done with Balmorra. This makes me not want to level my Guardian until it's fixed :(. Hopefully we'll see something soon, I liked where her story was going, romance or not, and I really want to see where it goes.

I kinda feel the same way, but since the dev said that all of it will catch up once the fix gets rolled out, I can live with it.

I just wanted to say, that I can vouch for the accuracy of the fix proposed in this thread. I always got stuck on her quests in beta. This time around I avoided the dark side flirt, and then I got a bunch of her quests in a row (I had already gotten her affection up to 8,000 by that point, Diplomacy and companion gifts FTW!) and managed to kiss her.

Hello all!

I can confirm that there is indeed an issue here.

The TL;DR version is this:

Until we can get the fix up, don't flirt with Kira during The Defector quest! :mon_trap: (she will stop giving affection conversations)

The underlying issue has already been fixed internally, and should be showing up on our known issues list in a moment. It will take us a few days to roll out the fix so new players won't encounter the issue. It'll take us a bit longer to get a fix out for characters already experiencing the issue, but don't panic -- you should be able to hit the ground running with Kira as if nothing had ever been wrong (affection accumulated between now and then should not be harmed). Free to continue using Kira if you don't mind cashing in on your investment at a later date, or perhaps you might get to better know your cheeky T-7 droid!

Lastly, props to Cadan for his assistance in helping us track down this bug and give it the Yoda Stick! :wea_10:

Heres this to keep it for the newer people

This is definitely bugged for sure.

I picked dark side flirt clear back when I talked to the Jedi Council about her being an ex-sith.

I AM NOW LEVEL 47 AND SHE IS AT 10k (MAXED) AFFECTION AND NOT A SINGLE OTHER DIALOGUE STORYLINE QUEST HAS SHOWN UP FOR ME.

Fix this nonsense Bioware. Its one of the meatiest portions of the JK questline. You better not say that I need to roll a new JK cause f**k that. Just hotfix it so she will chain give you all her quests if it bugged for you.

I went through the conversation after the council meeting.

I'm not sure where I ended up on this finally?

|

Said I was morally straight like the council.

Does this mean I won't get the follow up quests.

I'm a little lost since I can find any thread on how the dialogs should have gone.

Will I miss out on this romance thread or after to start over. (Which would really suck for me)

I must say I''m pretty disappointed with this. I was enjoying the Jedi Knight story so far, and having a bugged companion who appears to be playing a significant role in the storyline really diminishes the fun I have playing that class. Having all her personal missions suddenly pop up once the issue is fixed just isn''t fun. I wish this was included in the known issues sticky, so I could''ve picked another class to start off with. Edited by Deividoff

yeah so this is super duper annoying. i didnt really realise something was wrong until i saw this, then realised that i actually hadnt had a kira quest in suchhhhhhh a long time. i sincerely hope that this gets fixed soon, and that i dont have to start a new jedi knight or something to complete more kira quests. this could be a serious game killer for me. :( :( :(

public test server patch notes say its fixed...lets give it a try?

To my knowledge it hasn't been implemented today on live. Either way there is a difference between fixing the bug, and reversing the effect that the bug has brought on. Most of us are plagued by the latter.

The dev himself said that it was a whole nother issue to reverse the bug's effects.

Edited by SuperSair