Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My re-roll Knight finished The Defector and the subsequent Kira companion quests.

Suddenly re-rolling doesnt feel like a it was a bad idea at all.

I'll keep everyone posted on how the story changes.

Edited by SuperSair

I'm in Chapter 3 currently, have about 6.5K reputation with Kira, and am level 41. They just "hooked up" per say...."meet me in my quarters in two minutes" sort of deal...disappeared off screen. I'm not having a single glitch with her knock on wood... It's been interesting to say the least. It's such a deliciously entertaining take on padawan/master relationship. Hah.

Seriously, are you just trolling or rubbing salt on our wounds?

I'm in Chapter 3 currently, have about 6.5K reputation with Kira, and am level 41. They just "hooked up" per say...."meet me in my quarters in two minutes" sort of deal...disappeared off screen. I'm not having a single glitch with her knock on wood... It's been interesting to say the least. It's such a deliciously entertaining take on padawan/master relationship. Hah.

seriously dude... not only a spoiler but you come onto a thread with hundreds of people not able to do the quest line and brag about doing it?

seriously dude... not only a spoiler but you come onto a thread with hundreds of people not able to do the quest line and brag about doing it?

Yeah if you want to brag about it you can but start another thread, don't be an inconsiderate dbag.

ok.. just did the defector and the desert duel quest on tatooine..

lvl 27, working on sand demon... need to get lvl 28..

anyway, after the 3rd fail attempt on sanddemon, noticed kira had a "wants to talk on ship" icon.. so I go to the ship on tatoiine.. blast off.. and ..

zip--zilch-nada...

no intercom talk, no quests...

when I clicked the intercom.. the screen flashed like it was going to start a conversation, but did not.

to repeat..

on the JK sentinel I created during early access..

a. did the defector quest, and avoid all darkside responces (just this weekend)

b. had her fess up to the council, but defended her through and through..

c. got 3 or 4 quests in a row on the ship..

d. the last quest on the ship was stealing the kiss.. -- grin--

e. did desert duel on tatooine

f. tried sand demon 3 times,.. saw kira wanted to chat on ship, so went there..

g. got in orbit arouind tatooine..

h. and nothing.. no quest triangle over her head.. no responce via intercom..

i. TL/DR - looks like it bugged out on me..?

Rynnyr

PS - not averse to rerolling as playing thru it once makes it roll fatser the seciond time, but dang..

:(

Edited by Rynnyr

This thread in a nutshell:

Main post: Kira is broke!! ***!!!

Random poster 1: yeah mine is too, HELP!!!!

Random poster 2: this is ludacrous!!!

Bioware: we know, we'll fix it when we're ready

Random poster 3: ooooh patch is coming... Yay

(patch comes- fixes new JKs)

Random poster 4: HEY ***!!! She's still broke

Random poster 5: Nuh uh! Mine is fixed! Woot!

Poster 3: @Random poster 5, "did you just make your first JK?"

Random poster 5: yeah.... So?

Random poster 3 (and half the posters in this thread): *facepalm*

Random poster: if this isn't fixed by "abc date" I will cancel my sub (until it's fixed)!!!:mad:

Ever since...

Random poster 6: So I made it to "XYZ" quest, am I bugged???

Random poster 7: No, if you made your JK after...

(rinse and repeat)

yeah.. pretty much this.

dev post on page 6, and another one in the 70's(?) saying they havent forgot about us.

i posted a few pages back, I rerolled my JK, already back up to lvl 20, i chose to reroll because not only did Kira never continue her quest line...but T7 as well. Doing the end of Act 1, my guildy (he's playing a female JK so thus did not flirt with kira) had convos with both of them. I did not. I secured my legacy, and rerolled.

bet I'll be back to lvl 35 before we see a fix for this, so i'm confident i made the right decision.

I'm still enjoying a reroll, i mean i'm kinda spacebarring through the sidequests as i don't need to listen to em all...but with the credits/mats etc and knowledge i ahve now...It's a real easy ride back to where i was so far. only took me 2 days to get back to lvl 20 and I'm done 1 section of Taris.

good luck to you guys that plan on waiting. I'm having more fun doing something rather than waiting.

i posted a few pages back, I rerolled my JK, already back up to lvl 20, i chose to reroll because not only did Kira never continue her quest line...but T7 as well. Doing the end of Act 1, my guildy (he's playing a female JK so thus did not flirt with kira) had convos with both of them. I did not. I secured my legacy, and rerolled.

bet I'll be back to lvl 35 before we see a fix for this, so i'm confident i made the right decision.

I'm still enjoying a reroll, i mean i'm kinda spacebarring through the sidequests as i don't need to listen to em all...but with the credits/mats etc and knowledge i ahve now...It's a real easy ride back to where i was so far. only took me 2 days to get back to lvl 20 and I'm done 1 section of Taris.

good luck to you guys that plan on waiting. I'm having more fun doing something rather than waiting.

Thanks, rolling a vanguard in the meanwhile so not just sitting around. Weird that your T7 bugged out, I would have rerolled too. My T7 sang like a canary. Re-rolling wasn't an option with me as I was levelling with my gf and I didn't want her to wait.

It looks like this is an issue even if you choose not to pursue a romance. I didn't flirt with her, because I didn't feel like going for a romance.

And some time later, I get a prompt saying she wants to talk to me. I go to my ship...

and there's nothing. She isn't giving the quest.

Even though I'm not planning on romancing her, I still would like to see the subplot that goes along with her. But it appears the only to continue the subplot is through the neutral flirting option that I already skipped.

She must have a pretty bad bug if you can't continue even if you opt out of the romance.

It looks like talking to her comes in a series of missions after certain storyline missions are done. I just finished Tython and I got to talk to her like 3 times in a row. I don't want to give anything away cause it gets really good.

it's nice to hear this the second time today, but can't you give any estimation? I'm mean there a two possibilities. First, the developers have no clue where to find or how to fix this bug, therefore, no one could tell us how long this would take. Second, they know where the bug is and therefore it would be overwhelming to take a clearer estimation than "you have to wait". I mean, i work as a software engineer and it is hard to imagine for me, that nobody at bw have an idea how to fix this problem.

+10000000000

Bug has been fixed for new players already so you can take DS option

Has anybody actually calculated just how much affection is needed until the next discussion with kira after the defector quest? I'm currently at 3800+ affection but i've not heard from her since Defector and I had the Defector quest after Dec 27th

Hey guys, NEED HELP. I avoided the dark side flirt, but i still flirted with her on the ship. After the quest i got like 3-4 convos back to back and managed to kiss her. this was all before the 27th tho. I'am I bugged? I've completed tattonie and still havent had a convo with her yet just wondering.

Hey guys, NEED HELP. I avoided the dark side flirt, but i still flirted with her on the ship. After the quest i got like 3-4 convos back to back and managed to kiss her. this was all before the 27th tho. I'am I bugged? I've completed tattonie and still havent had a convo with her yet just wondering.

I am not sure if it's really known what or when the bugs occur. Half the people here say it's after the defector quest when you choose DS flirt prior to the 27th. The other half say they have avoided the DS flirt all together but still get no responses after the defector.

So either Kira doesn't speak until Class quests are done or it's bugged no matter what.

You got more out of her than I did, I'm DS option-bugged.

IMO keep playing, do more class quests before panicking. I'm level 44 and she hasn't said a word since that fateful day. No kisses for this Jedi, and my only DS points to date were flirting with her.

Any update today from the Devs on fixing this?

You got more out of her than I did, I'm DS option-bugged.

IMO keep playing, do more class quests before panicking. I'm level 44 and she hasn't said a word since that fateful day. No kisses for this Jedi, and my only DS points to date were flirting with her.

Any update today from the Devs on fixing this?

The last post from a Dev I saw was in the page 80 range or something on December 28th saying they are still working on it.

The last post from a Dev I saw was in the page 80 range or something on December 28th saying they are still working on it.

I may be in the minority here, but I've always preferred ETAs with updated ETAs when they can't make it than just "we're working on it" and "you'll see it when you see it".