Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

wait a minute, I don't think i've heard ONE person say it wasn't a big deal? well except maybe one troll in this topic, but you sound like it's a lot more than it actually is

actually it was in a couple threads elsewhere. there were actually several people that were ragging on those that enjoy the romance options and saying to basically just get over it. now i'm not sure if it's because they aren't rolling JK or they simply don't care for the romance options but it anoyed me that anyone would say i should just let go not being able to enjoy content that i'm paying to play.

Edited by VlPER

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bug has been fixed for new players. I have done 6 or more Kira's quest (3 after brother q) and 3 after some other main plot event

*sighs* yes, its us JK who clicked the DS flirt option before the 27th that are still screwed though. i don't want to do 30 levels of content over just because of a bug they have known about for 5 months. i'm glad to hear its at least working now for some though. :)

I initially leveled as Guardian alongside my fiancee's Sage, we were both close to level 40. After multiple attempts at rerolling, I bit the bullet and created a new Knight. Seems like your first story is always too gripping to really stay away from. The first class your create is always a little bit special too, even if you change down the road.

Bioware wins this round, but if I encounter another gamebreaker like this I don't think I can do it again.

I initially leveled as Guardian alongside my fiancee's Sage, we were both close to level 40. After multiple attempts at rerolling, I bit the bullet and created a new Knight. Seems like your first story is always too gripping to really stay away from. The first class your create is always a little bit special too, even if you change down the road.

Same for me... I tried the other classes, but they don't appeal to me anymore, I went too deep into the story to swap char :/

So I guess the question is who here is going to remake their Jedi Knight? I'm level 32 and fighting the urge to do it, knowing myself I'll probably cave in the hour.:jawa_frown:

i'm right there with ya man. i REALLY don't want to, but i don't want to miss anything or wait. :(

lol cant tell if serious...

This has been present for over 5 builds now. Each build a high trafficking forum gets created to discuss "Theories" on how or why it is broken. People have BEGGED for Bioware to do so little as respond that this is a known bug, and yet Bioware has remained silent. Not 1 single word on the matter. If they are working on it, or are even aware, they need to say something because the game is out now and there is absolutely no excuse for this still being here. During beta it was justifiable to not say anything because its their prerogative, but now that this is live, we have a right to know why the only romancable companion for the Male Jedi Knight (arguably the most popular class) is still broken.

i have never seen such bad community communication, it is beyond bad, and turning me off to Bioware.

does anybody have a full list of missions from kira? i know we might get spoilers but id like to makesure ive not missed anything so far, Im not 100% sure if im bugged, i THINK i hit the ds flirt option before the 27th but cant be 100% sure. Just heading to that ship in the end of act1 (i think) im sure the last mission i had from kira was where i had the option of telling the council about her childhood.. Any help ppls?

does anybody have a full list of missions from kira? i know we might get spoilers but id like to makesure ive not missed anything so far, Im not 100% sure if im bugged, i THINK i hit the ds flirt option before the 27th but cant be 100% sure. Just heading to that ship in the end of act1 (i think) im sure the last mission i had from kira was where i had the option of telling the council about her childhood.. Any help ppls?

iv never had any missions for kira or ever able to talk to her and im lvl 48 atm with high affection

Making a different character is no indicator of your discontent.

Remaking your character wholecloth is not only needless busy work, it is also no indicator of discontent.

Now that ticketing is met with only canned droid responses and no ETA or explanation of the error has been given, the only indicator of discontent one has available is to look at their subscription page and either reduce your subscription time or cancel the account.

I have done the former already.

I may do the latter. My basic, minimal expectations as a customer are that this is either resolved prior to the end of the game's initial 30 day period, or failing that, the customer service team must demonstrate much more openness about the nature of this bug and offer an ETA on the solution.

I think that's reasonable. And if they cant do that, I'm quite concerned about how future issues will be managed - they will happen. The most important thing is that they are managed well, and I'm just not seeing that here.

Edited by JayDubyaDub

My basic, minimal expectations as a customer are that this is either resolved prior to the end of the game's initial 30 day period, or failing that, the customer service team must demonstrate much more openness about the nature of this bug and offer an ETA on the solution.

I think that's reasonable. And if they cant do that, I'm quite concerned about how future issues will be managed - they will happen. The most important thing is that they are managed well, and I'm just not seeing that here.

I very much agree.

ETA stands for Estimated Time of Arrival. It's an estimate. Are you telling us you can't even estimate how long this will take to fix? Even if that's the case, can you at least tell us why it's impossible to estimate?

Even if you come on here and say "Within the next 6 months," that would be better than saying nothing. At least then I would know that I should just reroll because it's not going to be worth waiting.

Edited by TirJin_Meteos

Making a different character is no indicator of your discontent.

Remaking your character wholecloth is not only needless busy work, it is also no indicator of discontent.

Now that ticketing is met with only canned droid responses and no ETA or explanation of the error has been given, the only indicator of discontent one has available is to look at their subscription page and either reduce your subscription time or cancel the account.

I have done the former already.

I may do the latter. My basic, minimal expectations as a customer are that this is either resolved prior to the end of the game's initial 30 day period, or failing that, the customer service team must demonstrate much more openness about the nature of this bug and offer an ETA on the solution.

I agree. I made another Jedi Knight, exactly same (Guardian, DPS), looks exactly the same, making exactly same choices... It's a pain to do it all over again, but apparently, we can't trust Bioware to give us an answer, or even an ETA anytime soon.

Can't tell if I've been bugged or not. I have been sitting on the defector quest, avoiding making a mistake. I've read it's during or after this quest...haven't gone to the mining rock yet, BUT before doing all that, when I'm at the space station, she wants to talk on the ship...I go to the ship and nothing. I don't think she has ever spoke to me privately, is this how it is supposed to be prior to defector? Also I have picked all the options that would give me points for her.

Can't tell if I've been bugged or not. I have been sitting on the defector quest, avoiding making a mistake. I've read it's during or after this quest...haven't gone to the mining rock yet, BUT before doing all that, when I'm at the space station, she wants to talk on the ship...I go to the ship and nothing. I don't think she has ever spoke to me privately, is this how it is supposed to be prior to defector? Also I have picked all the options that would give me points for her.

Kira doesnt start giving conversations until after the defector and maybe act I. I wouldnt know when she starts because ive been bugged but the bug occurs during the defector quest after u speak to the jedi council.