The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Nerf TracerMissile/grav Round

da_krall

No...

It can be interrupted, it requires you to stand still, the timer gets knockback when hit. and its the primary dps path for merc, think of it like combo points, mercs need to do it 3-4 times before cycling unload or other moves etc.

And mercs need heavy armor, thier basically stationary turrets for most of the good moves

1v1 its pretty bad to spam tracer, you get laid into, knocked down, and whatever melee classes full dps on you.

merc+1-3v whatever then its good, if you leave the merc alone, `course it`ll hurt, their a dps class. its like wailing on a tank with a healer standing next to him, stupid..

It can be interupted? Yes for 4 seconds, of which the interupt goes into a 12 sec cooldown, giving 8 free seconds of being able to use that ability afterwards.

Timer doesn't always get knocked back as you can talent for reduced pushback (70% reduced chance of pushback in fact) and you are pointing out yourself why the class is flawed and needs changes, too centralised around the usage of one skill which in itself has far too much effeciency.

The issue with tracer/grav is quite simple really....too much emphasis on stacking it, coupled with stupid amounts of armor piercing, I don't blame people for taking the easy way out and speccing it, I blame Bioware for not punishing the beta testers that let this one slide through unproperly tested (because they wanted to abuse it)

The problem here is commandos/mercs get far and away the best armor bypass in the game (or rather stand to following the OP/Scoundrel nerf) even Assassins/Shadows do not get as much armor bypass as they do.

Obviously yes, the first solution was to go for Tracer/Grav itself, however it seems most Mercs/Commandos will fight this to the bloody end, so lets go for something you shouldn't have in the first place....as a Heavy Armor Class which is ridiculously high armor piercing.

Drop the armor piercing stance to be on par with the Guardian/Juggers talented Shi-Cho (20%) everyone will be happy, because right now you can stack up to 60% armor piercing and that is where the real problem lies.

And just think, the Ops/Scoundrel is getting a nerf to there 31 point talent because Bioware thinks 50% armor pen for 6 seconds duration is unfair....now with your eyes open, maybe you will realise what we realise.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And just think, the Ops/Scoundrel is getting a nerf to there 31 point talent because Bioware thinks 50% armor pen for 6 seconds duration is unfair....now with your eyes open, maybe you will realise what we realise.

Actually, they are nerfing it because it allowed OPs to end fights far too quickly. They have a different toolset than Arsenal Mercs do, and the combination was deemed overpowered.

While I agree that Tracer Missles should be changed, I don't think its because they make the class overpowered.

we have no interrupt

we have no mobility boost/ability

we have no evade

we have no stealth

give me any two of those and you can have 30% of tracer damage, deal

all BH/com have is dps, try focus fire, we die fast

Heal, Dispell, taunt, guard? More than marauder/snipers can do, while dealing more or the same dps with a VERY easy damage rotation. Silly.

Edited by Jiav

Heal, Dispell, taunt, guard? More than marauder/snipers can do, while dealing more or the same dps with a VERY easy damage rotation. Silly.

No taunt or guard with a commando/mercenary. powertechs/vanguards have the taunt and guard. They don't have tracer/grav. The dispell doesn't work on force abilities unless you're specced heals. If you call a 2500 crit for a 2.5 second cast (which is about what the dps specs seem to be able to do in champ gear) heal good then I don't know what to tell you. I get hit more than that in a global most of the time.

Nerf tracer all you want, but arsenal only really has that to cast between their other abilities on at least a 15 second cooldown.

You are confusing specs, as well as ACs.

Heal-> A Merc specced for damage will not heal. You can throw only a few heals off before you run out of resource, and each Heal is doing very little. In the time you get a heal off, you will take twice that in damage, at least.

Taunt/Guard are not abilities that Mercs possess. You are thinking of the other AC, the Powertech.

Damage is hard to quantify currently. I've noticed that Marauders will do the most damage if they have someone healing them, followed by the Merc, then the Sniper. (Amongst the classes you listed.) Though, a Sniper has more utility and better single target burst.

Now, a Marauder has the following Defensive/CC/Utility.

Obfuscate (Reduces a targets damage by a huge degree)

Force Leap

Rage specced get a second shorter range Intercept

Saber Ward (Huge Damage Mitigation for 12s on 3m CD)

Cloak of Pain (Lesser damage mitigation for 6s, that gets refreshed every time you are hit for up to 30s) 1m CD

A Snare

A second, Talented Snare (Annihilation tree)

Self Healing on DoT's (Annihilation Tree)

A get of jail free, instant in combat cloak on a longish CD

Force Choak, a channeled, damaging Stun.

Their Carnage tree has a few other CC options as well, but isn't specced as often for a few reasons.

Arsenal Mercs recieve:

A longish CD AOE knockback

A large Damage Mitigation shield with a 3M cooldown

a 4m Knockback (again, doesnt even get you out of melee range)

a short stun on a longish CD.

Marauders clearly have more tools at their disposal, though comparing classes like this doesn't take everything into account. A marauder has different priorities and a different role on the battlefield, so his tools are more varied.

then your a terrible 50 guardian if you cant force jump a merc, interupt his derp spam, and start slapping him.

watch his dps fall as you harass him, or stand there looking at him and take it up the ***

Force Jump -> Knockback -> Run in Range -> Knockback again.

Or didn't you know? Mercs have two knockbacks.

I just started lvling a merc. Im lvl 40 now and I would like to know when i get this taunt and guard cause i think your full of it. Also my lvl 50 marauder destroys mercs. Ravage > tracer missile. Stand there and spam on me while i pop cds and laugh at you with my 1 min 25% dmg mitigation shield that also returns dmg to you.

Again, the second Knockback you are referring to is 4m. And it's talented. 4m is Melee range, so you are not going to be using it to get melee off you. It's used as an interrupt. Here ois the proper order.

Run in range

get stunned

Trinket

Get Knockbacked

Force Leap in

He is completely out of CC options at this point. if you someone screw up and get sperated again, depending on your class you still have CC left, as well.

second one is a 4m knockback. And didn't you know? Marauders can get a second 10m charge to cancel out that? I think it's called Obliterate. The 11 point talent in the rage tree. Not that you even need it with the snared BH that just knocked you to the edge of melee range with that. You do know how to snare them, right? Like using crippling slash so they can't get away since they don't have any reliable snares or roots of their own, yes? if they're snared, then the rocket punch won't knock you out of melee range for more than a second and the lowest possible CD on their AoE knockback is 15 seconds with PvP gear. Same cooldown as your charge.

My main is a healing Sage, I have absolutely no problems with a Merc. Interrupt, stun, KB stops him from getting anything started. My alt is a lvl 30 Commando Gunnery spec, High Impact Bolt, Demo round, and full auto do more dps than grav round but Grav round has to be done 3-5 time to get the max dps out of those moves. All you have to do is prevent build up of Grav/Tracer. Which is easy cuz all you need to use is interrupts, K/B's and stuns and all classes but the Mando and Merc have enough to easily stop them. On my Mando I've face good players 1v1 who don't allow me to do anything because I'm all based on using activation abilities. When I first rolled the Mando there were tons of forum posts about Mando Gunnery specs not being viable in PvP becuase of the dps being based off abilities with cast times, basically if the other team knows what they are doing you'll be shut down. If you're getting beat by someone spamming an abilitiy with a cast time then use your abilities to prevent that, its actually very simple.

Jebus, another of these threads..

Theres alot of skills that can be used alot faster, and does more damage over time (dps) AND on the move

Like in that video someone posted, the BH gets killed by the lvl 50 before his friend shows up, by a shadow, and later on theres a sentinel, dishing out 2k+ hits faster then the BH tracer, and the BH has much better gear, the sent or shadow doesnt even have pvp gear

I think the spam is worse then the damage, you almost never finish on top of damage only spamming tracer/grav, its when you throw in everything else, like full auto proc on grav, demolition round and high impact bolt and sticky you start seeing any numbers

On top of that, assault spec fire spamming bh/com does more damage then grav/tracer spammers, and have acces to harpoon if vanguard/pt

Edited by SeloDaoC

then your a terrible 50 guardian if you cant force jump a merc, interupt his derp spam, and start slapping him.

watch his dps fall as you harass him, or stand there looking at him and take it up the ***

^this is what gives me trouble, beein forced to stand in one place to get my grav rounds going.

I vote for grav round beeing no channel but instant hit. The moment peeps realize i spam it, i have my personal buddy running around, kicking me in the nuts every time i stop to get my stuff going. Ofc only if the opposition is kinda organized, if not i just rip their armor apart and watch my mates shredding em.

Because actualy its the others that take advantage of my debuffing big time.

Edited by fainthftk

Charged rounds is not over powered..... if you die to a trooper spamming that then your horrible.

the pushback taken on that ability is ridiculous,

Well most ablities i use i can spec them to be not so bad hit by push back. But still an able melee can drop my DPS by quite a bit.

In a 1v1 i have quite some means to get rid of melee attackers, but in the average WZs these skills are gone quickly and the next best melee on my head has the upper hand.

Most of the time i try to keep my trooper buddys clean by engaging their melee monkeys. Crossfire is an effective way to solve that.