Flashpoint finder for 50s at least or a revamped LFG system is needed

I was looking at the overwhelming "daily" flashpoints today and thought I should get at least one done. That decision brought about maybe the single worst day of video gaming I've ever had. My day became: look in guild for someone to do it with...oh cool. This person wants to do it. Now find tank and heals...2 hours of looking go by..nothing. Take a break from this headache, repeat countless times over. Then at midnight I finally get a group together. We have some difficulty but we make it to the end boss. We wipe one more time, and our tank leaves without warning. I can't tell you how upset I am that I wasted so much time thinking, "maybe if I just try one more time...."

I was all for having no FP finder, but you guys need to admit your LFG system has failed and move on. Revamp it or create a FP finder that doesn't teleport and works on the same server so we don't have to sit on the fleet getting nothing done. It's maddening.

I've decide I'm just gonna wait for my friends and gf to get to 50 and do it with people that I can hold accountable. Isn't that the opposite of what you were trying to accomplish? I'm done trying to rely on a "community" of people all trying to do different things and who could care less if I get a flashpoint done.

Edited by brownbagit

I was looking at the overwhelming "daily" flashpoints today and thought I should get at least one done. That decision brought about maybe the single worst day of video gaming I've ever had. My day became: look in guild for someone to do it with...oh cool. This person wants to do it. Now find tank and heals...2 hours of looking go by..nothing. Take a break from this headache, repeat countless times over. Then at midnight I finally get a group together. We have some difficulty but we make it to the end boss. We wipe one more time, and our tank leaves without warning. I can't tell you how upset I am that I wasted so much time thinking, "maybe if I just try one more time...."

I was all for having no FP finder, but you guys need to admit your LFG system has failed and move on. Revamp it or create a FP finder that doesn't teleport and works on the same server so we don't have to sit on the fleet getting nothing done. It's maddening.

I've decide I'm just gonna wait for my friends and gf to get to 50 and do it with people that I can hold accountable. Isn't that the opposite of what you were trying to accomplish? I'm done trying to rely on a "community" of people all trying to do different things and who could care less if I get a flashpoint done.

You made your point in the last part of your wall of text.

Wait for your friends, HM's in this game are quite difficult, I think its intentional. Moreover, I am getting sick of people wanting what WoW has in their game.

WoW has easy..easy dungeons now, there is no challenge really. Most of this stems from people actually doing them quite a bit and being familiar (which will happen to TOR in the near future) however it also has to do with HMs actually being a bit of a challenge here.

Please stop asking for cake, take initiative - if you don't want to, by all means go back to WoW.

Oh and community is lol, there is no community on WoW - only for elite guilds who compare e-peen progression. At least here people are getting known for their PvP skills, and "good" guilds will start getting recognition in PvE on a local level.

*Edit* I know I'm being defensive, but overall almost every complaint these days (Besides valid ones, i.e. bugs, UI/Action Bar lag, PvP itemization) stems from the WoW generation.

Edited by Raehj

The server I play on has pretty much taken care of this issue by one individual creating a LFG channel.

You just /cjoin Lfg, and you are placed in a server-wide channel, every time you log in.

Much easier to find groups, don't have to sit in the fleet spamming "LFG hm fp's", and you get to continue questing or doing whatever you were doing.

Edited by AichaHalcyon

Wait for your friends, HM's in this game are quite difficult, I think its intentional. Moreover, I am getting sick of people wanting what WoW has in their game.

WoW has easy..easy dungeons now, there is no challenge really. Most of this stems from people actually doing them quite a bit and being familiar (which will happen to TOR in the near future) however it also has to do with HMs actually being a bit of a challenge here.

Please stop asking for cake, take initiative - if you don't want to, by all means go back to WoW.

Oh and community is lol, there is no community on WoW - only for elite guilds who compare e-peen progression. At least here people are getting known for their PvP skills, and "good" guilds will start getting recognition in PvE on a local level.

*Edit* I know I'm being defensive, but overall almost every complaint these days (Besides valid ones, i.e. bugs, UI/Action Bar lag, PvP itemization) stems from the WoW generation.

Lol you think running a 16 man op is "easier" than the original 40 man WoW raids?

You think there is more "community" in casual players getting frustrated in forming a group for FPs and end up soloing content or quitting?

Go sit at your Fleet and tell me about the "community" that current exists. Yeah I thought so.

Edited by grueber

The problem with LFG tools is that, through shouting and discussion with people, you can often weed out mouthbreathers that are going to end up wrecking the flashpoint.

I mean LFG tool...fine...i just always hate the kind of people i get teamed up with randomly, through shouting i typically find a solid group, though its not so easy compared.

Lol you think running a 16 man op is "easier" than the original 40 man WoW raids?

You think there is more "community" in casual players getting frustrated in forming a group for FPs and end up soloing content or quitting?

Go sit at your Fleet and tell me about the "community" that current exists. Yeah I thought so.

Uh? Yes, a 16man Op is easier than 40 man MC/Ony raids... ty?

If by casual you mean, unable to take the time to make a few friends that they trust, gear up, free up several hours for hardmode dungeon crawls - then yes, please have them solo content or quit.

Okay?

Not everyone has "several hours" of uninterrupted free time to play.

If swtor wants to cater to people who have plenty of free time on their hands that's their choice. Maybe then they'll notice that those with RL constraints tend to be the ones who have jobs so they can pay $$$ for their subscription.

I like the game but what should I do when I only get to play 3-4 hours maxx on weekdays because I work 10 hours everyday. I want to get as much content done in whatever time I have. Not everyone has all day to stand on fleet trying to "build communities"

Also OP clearly specified his issue, he waited all day for group and even when he got one the tank left at last boss and they were back to square one. He did take initiative to put together a group.

There is absolutely nothing big in putting together a group in 2 hours. It is just waste of time. And just because you dont agree with people who want LFD tool, doesn't mean they should quit the game.

This is a terrible idea and should have absolutely no place in SW:ToR..

If you want easy mode go back to WoW please.........

What has easy mode to do with putting together a group.

"Yo Dawg, Today I put together such a sick group for Hard mode Black talon that even trade chat was talking about me. I feel like invincible. It is one of the hardest thing that one can do. I am glad I quit wow because that was easy mode. I should get some medals."

It is a convenience which saves time. And do you really think TOR raids and content is difficult than WOW or any other game!

Edited by Yummymango

This is a terrible idea and should have absolutely no place in SW:ToR..

SWTOR is easy mode. It doesn't take any skill to get to 50.

Is any of the OP content harder than Raid content in WoW? Judging by the rate that guilds are blowing through the OPs it doesn't look like it.

What I want are tools to save time when I log in and want to do FPs.

Edited by grueber

I like the game but what should I do when I only get to play 3-4 hours maxx on weekdays because I work 10 hours everyday. I want to get as much content done in whatever time I have. Not everyone has all day to stand on fleet trying to "build communities"

Also OP clearly specified his issue, he waited all day for group and even when he got one the tank left at last boss and they were back to square one. He did take initiative to put together a group.

There is absolutely nothing big in putting together a group in 2 hours. It is just waste of time. And just because you dont agree with people who want LFD tool, doesn't mean they should quit the game.

What has easy mode to do with putting together a group. It is a convenience which saves time. And do you really think TOR raids and content is difficult than WOW or any other game!

I'm in the same boat as far as playtime. I made friends levelling up, now we group and do HMs together. I guess I'm just weird like that, getting to know people, adding them to friends lists, things of that nature.

I know WoW eliminated the need for spending time getting to know people, but try it.

I don't think they should quit the game because they want a LFD tool and cannot for the life of them find decent people to do HMs with, I want them to stay - make friends, socialize, get groups going. Or, do non HM stuff, dailies, things like that.

I guess what I'm saying is WoW created an army of undulating masses that want to experience all content, no matter the time investment, social aspects, or more recently skill.

I come from EQ, where your reputation on a server was actually important, and you were required to get along with people to even "see" end game stuff.

TL:DR, you a commie? (:

I'm in the same boat as far as playtime. I made friends levelling up, now we group and do HMs together. I guess I'm just weird like that, getting to know people, adding them to friends lists, things of that nature.

I know WoW eliminated the need for spending time getting to know people, but try it.

I don't think they should quit the game because they want a LFD tool and cannot for the life of them find decent people to do HMs with, I want them to stay - make friends, socialize, get groups going. Or, do non HM stuff, dailies, things like that.

I guess what I'm saying is WoW created an army of undulating masses that want to experience all content, no matter the time investment, social aspects, or more recently skill.

I come from EQ, where your reputation on a server was actually important, and you were required to get along with people to even "see" end game stuff.

My friend everyone had different Idea of "Fun" in a a game. Not everyone wants to take initiative in making random people friends just like that.

For example -

I don't mind making friends. If I meet someone nice I will like to run with them again but still I prefer my guildies for community. My idea of fun is kill content and raid.

So I really don't need to go out of way and spend my time which I should be spending doing content.

Also my question is whats wrong with a person if they want to experience content with less time involved. Isnt content meant to be experienced. Why a person who is new to mmo scene or is not a great player should go through hardships or should not be allowed to experience content. He is pay as much money as others and has full right to enjoy the game the way he likes. Creating options for casual players is not bad.

I am a hard core raider and raiding is what I like but at the same time I do support the casual gamers and I think they have every right to enjoy the game they feel like.

Also I hope you know that LFD tool is option right. You are free to use the traditional method of putting together a group. No one will stop you.

Edited by Yummymango

If you want hard mode have fun with server merges - or go and play Eve or Vanguard.

Like it or not, if SW wants to keep afloat it can't do it with only the hardcore. If you were to take everyone that has a 50 right now that wouldn't be enough to sustain the investment put into the game. I wouldn't call everyone who's currently 50 hardcore either.

Welcome to 2012.

Hey, some of us have RL to deal with and don't want to spend the 3 hours we get to occasionally play wasting time "getting to know" people in this game just so we can experience all the content. If you don't like the LFG idea, you don't ever have to friggin touch it. Doesn't mean the rest of us should have to sit around on our thumbs, spamming general chat on the Fleet to try and run one lousy FP, because YOU don't like the idea. Some of us don't need this to be a job or where we get our primary social interaction. Shocking I know.

Edited by MalignX

+1 for a dungeon finder. Normal mode ops are a far FAR more efficient way to get Columi gear (and far easier to PUG than hardmode FPs), but to get in on them you need to be part of the local uberguild. It's damn near impossible to find a PUG to do normal mode ops by spamming general since 95% of people seem to be convinced the best way to gear up is smash your head against some of the horribly overtuned Hardmode FPs and hope you get the one purple you need from the end boss every day.

I've done the hardcore stuff. I played EQ1 and got an epic for my wiz before Luclin was released. There were no flight paths. Ppl did corpse runs. Ppl have no idea what a raid is until you've been in a raid wipe with the leader screaming and the healers trying to log so you don't have to run naked back.

WoW was less hardcore but the 40 mans were still intense.

It's great fun. But all that stuff takes a ton of RL time. If your trying to work a RL job and spend time with your wife and kids while trying to do endgame content you either need very little sleep or your ignoring your RL responsibilities. That's why I have no intention of joining a guild because eventually you get sucked in spending too much time raiding and end up quitting.

So give us a tool so the rest of us with less free time can enjoy our MMO fix.