Is it time for everyone to reroll as a sorc/sage?

Sayuri-chan

Really all I see in wz's now are either a team full of sorcs/ or sage so I did a little research + rolling one myself to see what's the commotion about.

To my surprise I found the perfect class for me, I Found a class that can do Everything in PVP and has tools to become the best from CC to slows / range damage, and that shield, knockbacks, force run, and the allied pull.

Now I think that if you dont roll a sorcs/sage now in pvp you are gimping yourself. you are missing out all the fun. and to top it all of Bioware even removed the hard counter for this class so now we can rampage all we want in pvp without worries :D

If this is what bioware design had decided then I hope they dont get nerfed since I know I will Be playing one and it sucks to be nerfed

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please do.

You'll be running back to your heavy armor class within minutes of hitting 50 and getting bursted down in seconds.

All PVP sorc spells are mitigated by armor. Yes, the lightning stuff is energy damage. Enjoy those 200 damage ticks while your enemy chews through your 20% less mitigation.

<3 powertechs/vanguards btw. Unkillable freaks.

Nerfed? The only reason why they rule now is because 9 out of 10 people in PvP just smash TAB, 1, 2, 3 and pump all their damage into tanks and DPS classes, which are closer and usually get tabtargeted first. When I see a sorc (playing my sage) I go weaken, telethrow (proc), project, consumables, wave + the other AoE I never remember the name of and catcha later. You can't do that to tanks or even decently geared medium armor classes. Most classes can burst down a sorc/sage in a single rotation if buffed with consumables or the red buff.

Regards,

Kalantris

Let's see your lightning counter my 580 expertise BM Trooper!

But yeah, sorcs are a GIANT problem in warzones.

90% of my opponents are sorcs, and let me tell you, I'm pretty stinkin' tired of constant absorbs, dots, lightning, sprints, throws, and so on.

Nerfed? The only reason why they rule now is because 9 out of 10 people in PvP just smash TAB, 1, 2, 3 and pump all their damage into tanks and DPS classes, which are closer and usually get tabtargeted first. When I see a sorc (playing my sage) I go weaken, telethrow (proc), project, consumables, wave + the other AoE I never remember the name of and catcha later. You can't do that to tanks or even decently geared medium armor classes. Most classes can burst down a sorc/sage in a single rotation if buffed with consumables or the red buff.

Regards,

Kalantris

on my main I can bursts down tanks fine since they dont mitigate most of my damage on the otherhand sorcs/sages bubbles just ruins it for me since they can do it once every 20/30 sec I dont know. and takes a crapload of damage so unless you can pop your everycooldown on everyfight you will lose to a good sorc/sage. although we also have Defensive cooldowns , the cooldown itslef is very long 2 mins compared to 30 sec bubbles.

Let's see your lightning counter my 580 expertise BM Trooper!

But yeah, sorcs are a GIANT problem in warzones.

90% of my opponents are sorcs, and let me tell you, I'm pretty stinkin' tired of constant absorbs, dots, lightning, sprints, throws, and so on.

Right there with you bud. Level 33 Commando and while I still end with most damage and a solid kill/death ratio, the absorbs are pissing me off. No absorb should be able to withstand 3 solid hits of mortar strike and still absorb full auto after that. I have really good, modded weapons relative to my level and this thing is happening a lot, even against those lower level than myself.

Fortunately, a good friend of mine is a guardian healer and he runs around with me so there's not too much to worry about unless we get like 4 or 5 guys on us. Then its the quick strike down for us both : /

Then your having horrifically bad luck, or you aren't as geared as you think you are. It isn't just the mainhand weapon which counts towards DPS, but also your Cunning (or Aim) stat, aswell as your accuracy and such.

Barrier doesn't absorb as much as people think and I wish there was an actual delve so people would stop with the false pretenses.

Right there with you bud. Level 33 Commando and while I still end with most damage and a solid kill/death ratio, the absorbs are pissing me off. No absorb should be able to withstand 3 solid hits of mortar strike and still absorb full auto after that. I have really good, modded weapons relative to my level and this thing is happening a lot, even against those lower level than myself.

Fortunately, a good friend of mine is a guardian healer and he runs around with me so there's not too much to worry about unless we get like 4 or 5 guys on us. Then its the quick strike down for us both : /

use more grav round :p

At least your guardian healer can stealth and run away if 4 or 5 guys start hammering you.

It asbsorbs around 3k damage run through the fire in huttball and you'll see. That's not even 1 hit from a good dps'er.

What throw does a sorcerer have?

thats 6k when timed right. give me a cooldown that can absorb that much damage given the low cooldown time for the bubble.

Sages and sorcerers are probably the squishiest class in the game. Not having a damage reduction ability of their own means that when the crowd control chain comes, they don't have as much ability to withstand against it. It's not to say they aren't powerful, but a team consisting of a majority of them will fold under the pressure of a balanced team, provided that gear is relatively equal.

Its always the same thing on the forums. People whining about a class they lose to, and the class in question defending there class in saying they are fine and balanced.

let me tell you whats wrong with sorcs:

1. Shields

Problem: There shield is fine, except reuse time. They can basicly preshield, and when that shield is done, they can shield themselves again.

Solution: Make it so when your shield ends you get a debuff lasting for like 20seconds, in which you cant be shielded again.

2. Shields p2

Problem: While there shield is active they can't be rooted/slowed from any ability that does damage (like force charge), since the damage gets absorbed and because of that the additional effect (in force charge's case, a root) gets negated.

Solution: Change the way absorbs work, so that the effect still get applied, lets be honest isnt a ..sec insane speed boost enought?

3. Force Lightning/Telekinetic Throw

Problem: perma slow???

Solution: Either remove it, or let it build up resolve as it slows, this is such a retarded skill, and talking with multiple sorcs from my guild, also find it laughable how much it slows, and how they wreck melee with it.

Now these are actually the only 3 real concerns that seriously need to be looked at, because at this moment this is what makes the sorc so overpowered vs melee and most other ranged classes.

So sorcs/Sage's i expect nothing else then you guys defending your class here, but these are real issues, and even if they get fixed your class will still be awesome to play, just a litle more vulnable for CC, you guys just dont realise how frustrating it is to fully unload on you and not even see your health drop, and when it does your out in 2secs without any chance of us responding.

And yes i play a marauder, and its frustrating to play at this state of the game.

It asbsorbs around 3k damage run through the fire in huttball and you'll see. That's not even 1 hit from a good dps'er.

What throw does a sorcerer have?

This fire (and acid) is hazardous environment so bubble don't absorb that.

Upgraded bubble have something like 6k hp but it probably takes damage without any sort of mitigation.

I love how people complaining about balance on here confuse OP with easy.

Just because you can smash buttons and do what you want with very little input from your brain it does nto mean other classes can't compete. They just need to L2P as it were...i'm tired of seeing players with Sith Assassins who think running in trying to just nuke things is the way to play that class and then complain because it doesn't work.

Also, 1 month into a brand new MMO and players are complaining as if this is an established game that should have no bugs and no balance issues. Time for a reality check on just how complex all the behidn the scene work is in these types of games and stop thinking it's as simple as just flicking a switch to somehow make everything balanced (and of course by balanced most seem to mean "my class is OP and can kill your class by just looking at them").

This fire (and acid) is hazardous environment so bubble don't absorb that.

Upgraded bubble have something like 6k hp but it probably takes damage without any sort of mitigation.

I run through the fire all the time on my sage. It always dings the 2.5 Heal medal. Bubbles have no where close to 6k of HP.

thats 6k when timed right. give me a cooldown that can absorb that much damage given the low cooldown time for the bubble.

Every other class that can use their mitigation shield. Most of the time a 50% damage reduction > 3k shield.

Every class has some sort of damage mitigation. We could trade, that way you apply your shields on me and I can waste my GCD's pew pewing.

2. Shields p2

Problem: While there shield is active they can't be rooted/slowed from any ability that does damage (like force charge), since the damage gets absorbed and because of that the additional effect (in force charge's case, a root) gets negated.

Solution: Change the way absorbs work, so that the effect still get applied, lets be honest isnt a ..sec insane speed boost enought?

The CC is independent of whether damage is done.

Edited by Orangerascal

3. Force Lightning/Telekinetic Throw

Problem: perma slow???

Solution: Either remove it, or let it build up resolve as it slows, this is such a retarded skill, and talking with multiple sorcs from my guild, also find it laughable how much it slows, and how they wreck melee with it.

Yeah, it slows you, but it roots them. Overpowered, I know.

Please do.

You'll be running back to your heavy armor class within minutes of hitting 50 and getting bursted down in seconds.

All PVP sorc spells are mitigated by armor. Yes, the lightning stuff is energy damage. Enjoy those 200 damage ticks while your enemy chews through your 20% less mitigation.

<3 powertechs/vanguards btw. Unkillable freaks.

Incorrect, Force Lightning is elemental damage that is not mitigated by armor or shields. Their DoT tree is internal damage which also bypasses armor and shields. A well played Sorcerer will drop any heavy armor class easily, even with interrupts.

Edited by Kulex

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.