Why are you keeping DECEMBER FOR FRIDAY?? This doesn't make sense!!

Kozor

To be honest I think the pre-order date does actually factor somewhat. The beta was never meant as a 'demo' for you to try out the game and see if you liked it, it was to collect data and make the game better. by letting in early pre-orders first they reward loyal customers who pre-ordered the game when less was known about it and simply pre-ordered in faith they would enjoy it

Some sort of justification was not my point. :rolleyes:

My point was- there were more people ordering in December, after the last Beta weekend, than the OP surmised.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To reward those who pre-ordered early maybe? Why should someone who pre-ordered their game yesterday be entitled the same early access as a person who pre-ordered October 4th?

Not everyone was able to preorder early, and it's not out of "laziness" or whatever. Many waited until after the beta, didn't have the money, many other factors in between. I don't see how a preorder in December isn't as important as a preorder in August. The fact that they DID preorder is what matters, and I don't think they are using EGA as a reward system in that sense.

Its your fault you waited until you had hands on before you preordered. Everyone knows all the mmo's realeased in the past couple of years have kicked ***!? maybe next time bioware puts something out on the market you'll pay for it immediately and not be punished?

Lol, None of the MMO's that have been published since 2004 have been anything but garbage.

Vanguard

Age of Conan

Darkfall

Mortal Online

Warhammer

LotR

The only 2 games that have been good to me were released in 2003/2004; EvE online and Shadowbane. After that games went really downhill.

Great they are trying to expand into a new marked and basically didn't understand alot of people in this market want to test drive a game before they buy it. At the very least they are back where they started with loyal customer base of solo single person players in a mmo market. Pissed off most the same people trying to get into the game

Take a Mcdonalds 2 for 1 deal. If you are drawn there for the deal but end up waiting for 30 min for your food was that promotion successful?

YOU had a choice. Pre-order EARLY (hardcore fans) and be rewarded.

Test drive the game LATER and still be rewarded, but not as much.

Now you want just as much reward as those that made a higher risk move? You must not have much experience in financial markets.

Its your fault you waited until you had hands on before you preordered. Everyone knows all the mmo's realeased in the past couple of years have kicked ***!? maybe next time bioware puts something out on the market you'll pay for it immediately and not be punished?

lmfao since when it is illegal to try something and then order it...all we are doing is making sure the game isnt a 70$ economic risk i personally bought rift and was dissapoointed so i waited to try the game before i pre-orderd...so naturally im a lesser player and shud be punished?

Lol, None of the MMO's that have been published since 2004 have been anything but garbage.

Vanguard

Age of Conan

Darkfall

Mortal Online

Warhammer

LotR

The only 2 games that have been good to me were released in 2003/2004; EvE online and Shadowbane. After that games went really downhill.

That was my point?

People should take a chill pill and get some objectivity into their heads. I was hoping to get in before the weekend and as I registered on Dec 2nd I wasn't too sure about it. I am glad that they let everyone in by friday and can't understand the fits people are throwing in here.

You do realize we get 4 days of EGA, starting one day after the original time set and all that despite being slackers who ordered just over a week ago ? Get over yourselves and stop whining.

(I didn't preorder earlier since I didn't think my computer would run it properly, but Beta showed me it did :o)

^^This...

I know a few people personally that didn't even think they were going to get the game until they got to play in the last beta weekends during the stress test.

I'm betting there was a pretty heavy spike of pre-orders in late November/early December. Even more if you count the people that might be giving this game as a Christmas present for someone else, and didn't even think about early access.

I was definitely in the group that was undecided until after the stress test.

Ohhhh I don't know, both paid the same exact price for the game yeah?

Sure, but think of it from a business standpoint. The earlier you ordered, the better for them. When it comes to Origin orders, they definitely get 100% of the money (since it's run by EA), so they benefit by the people who ordered first... Hence they reward them more.

Why is that a joke? People who preordered first get in first. I don't understand this confusion and your bizarre reasoning that they should just let in the rest of the December people.

I paid the same amount of money FFS, why am I punished for not being a fanboy and not paying for a product while not knowing a single thing about it because of Bioware's terrible NDA policy???

This whole launch is a failure in its very concept. Getting fanboys in first and ignoring the rest, **** that ****

Edited by Kozor

Stephen Reid hasn't said that all of November gets in tomorrow. He said up to the last week of November, which likely means the 23rd or 24th. I'm Nov 30 so i will get the same access as the December orders too. I could have ordered back in July but after being burned by previous peices of junk, I chose to wait. Friday is a good day because it's FRIDAY!!!!!:D

I'm in the December group, however I am pleased they told us a rough estimate of when we could expect to be in. Thanks Bioware thats all a bunch of us ever wanted :)

It's been pretty widely speculated all day that Firday was the all in day. Going by the trends Bioware has been following with their invite schedule, most people were smart enough to figure out that worst case scenario was Friday with a fairly good chance of tomorrow. Now you got it confirmed that you are getting the worst case scenario and you are happy about it?

Gimme some of w t f you are drinking please.

Edited by DarthHovak

Who cares. It's their rollout. I see, you think they're doing it to personally screw with you. That has to be it! There can't be some well thought out reason that a team would do something for a multi-million dollar project!

Get over yourself

You should have ordered earlier. Yup, that statement's getting old, but it'll never get LESS TRUE.

You are right, but that will never change the fact that this whole thing is leaving a bad taste in MY mouth. Thats great that you have a different tolerance for how these things launch and I can't expect you to care about mine, and I hate to be identified as someone who has higher expectations than for what bioware can deliver...

Nevertheless, if the launch has been soured for me, thats kind of unfortunate for me. I was looking forward to playing with my friends this week, as it were they who finally convinced me to hop on board and play this game, not anything bioware did particularly. Yet it was their policies that alienated me from the launch experience along side the few that entered codes from July I wanted to play with. Theirs self-generated scenario's we can play through in our minds, where they roll alts and pretend, but i'll never get that chance back that bioware NEVER OWED ME, but again, kinda sucks it wasn't meant to be.

Lets just hope this game kicks *** and starting off on the wrong foot is something people like me will get over.

- Just another self entitled, selfish gamer.

Edited by kalexkhan

Sure, but think of it from a business standpoint. The earlier you ordered, the better for them. When it comes to Origin orders, they definitely get 100% of the money (since it's run by EA), so they benefit by the people who ordered first... Hence they reward them more.

To all those that say a person in Dec shouldn't have the same rights as a person that ordered in Oct ok I hear ya but your missing a huge point. Does a person who ordered Nov 20th deserve the same rights as a person that ordered Oct 4th? Well guess what? They are getting it.

I bet it's more than that. The wife and I didn't pre-order until we had a chance to check out the game in the last beta weekend... I bet there were plenty of others who did the same. /shrug

ya, many of us did so.

BWs fault, letting us beta SWTOR that late .. look when i regged to forums, so i regged to beta

To reward those who pre-ordered early maybe? Why should someone who pre-ordered their game yesterday be entitled the same early access as a person who pre-ordered October 4th?

Your argument consists of a question Such argument is invalid.