Why the hate for healers---Dev answer?

Jooji

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a healing class like the sorc i met 10mins ago with almost 0 expertise could tank 4 ppl on him hitting him is also abnormal they need to do something about it, currently healers are almost unkillable.

Only way i could imagine this scenario is maaaaaybe 4 at the start of a bracket vs one at the end of this bracket.. But tbh, i believe you exaggerate pretty much here. I also wanna know what the problem of those people is? Im a sage (Valor54) full heal spec and the highest dmg i ever did was like 75k. I feel in no way immortal or in any way op....

Personally I'd much rather my team win so I can finish the daily quest for 3 wins rather than focus on how many medals I get. After all it takes around 10 wins (800 commendations) for a champions bag, but only 3 if you are doing the daily.

I can usually get

2.5K heal

5K heal

75K healer

1 killing blow

10 kills

Occasionally I can get

300K healed

1K defence

25 kills

Rarely I can get

75K damage

3K defence

So I have a possible 10 medals, but usually I only get 5.

Once in awhile I can get "Solo kill" medal as well. Rarely though.

forgot to mention that healers get more powerfull as the group gets more gear.

u get +heal + dmg - dmg recived by stacking expertise

the +dmg and -dmg negate themselfes if both players have equal gear. the +heal isnt countered by anthing.

I had a guy that was my pocket healer (I don't know why) but when I saw this, I started to do more damage and at the end I had like 35-36 kills and he had 1. 1 kill. He had probably 240K heals to my 180K for that match, but I for damn sure killed 18-20 people by the ball cylinder and most of them with him there healing me

This is because the healer needs to "tag" others with an attack. Otherwise he doesn't get "kills". So, as a healer, it is a good idea to fire some AE into the mob, if only for 1 tick. Shooting also serves to obfuscate your real role :-)

I was under constant pressure to keep people alive so never had a chance to splash people with damage in a voidstar.

620k healing

12k damage (all from CC)

4 kills

4 medals

0 MVP votes.

If that doesnt cry flawed system, then you are pretty ignorant. I was THE reason we won the match.

Edited by pathiss

On a side note, I have one piece of gear with expertise on it. My life expectancy against an operative is 2 seconds roughly because I wont live past the stun if they are geared. Against most other players with expertise, my life expectancy is only a few seconds longer. Anyone that is halfway decent at this game, knows to use interrupts on healers ...it is the interrupts and resulting lockout that kills us easily.

Yes ...I will surivive a hell of alot more once I get gear. This is in response to the clueless person posting previously that said 4 people couldnt kill a sorc with no expertise.

Edited by pathiss

If you managed 620k healing, then your group must have been attrocious. In a decent warzone, I will make 300k/400k Warzone and atleast 75k damage. As I posted before, Force lighting hits for 200/640 depending on crits and my insta around 1000 and my insta DoT hits for around 1000 total also. So my damage isn't great at all. But over the course of a fight it adds up.

But it's rare that I would need / be able to reach 600k healing because the rest of my group focuses on healers / dps and leaves the tanks until last.

If you managed 620k healing, then your group must have been attrocious.

Or maybe he was in a warzone that was actually competitive. I've had similar voidstars where the action was just too intense to tag enemies or dps.

While games like that don't make up the majority, they are the games that really show the imbalance in the medal system. For playing as a healer spec and not going out of the way to farm medals we get screwed out of medals. A dps or tank gets their medals simply by playing their role.

Edited by Jooji

"healer should be a free kill to DPS" <- If given a strictly 1v1 setup (which isn't probable, other than both meeting and dismissing companions), not a 'free' kill but it should eventually end with the healer dead.

Just quoting this again for all to see. There are actually people out there who think a healer should ALWAYS be a free kill to a DPS class and they actually think that is "balance".

I'm fine if a stealth class can always win a 1v1 fight with me when they get an opener from stealth (if they couldn't then they'd NEVER be able to be me when they didn't get the opener), but if my class was specifically designed to lose to every DPS player out there when I'm spec'd to heal then I'd be pretty upset, and I'm betting you would see a LOT less people willing to heal...

As an operative healer, I need to get in close to do most of my damage. What usually happens when I try to get some of the dps medals is one or more of the following:

1) I move in, tickle an enemy with my weak attacks, and find myself focused by that enemy and several of his friends

2) I use up all of my energy frantically trying to do damage/land a killing blow, then have nothing left for healing

3) I actually get close to downing someone on my own for both a quick draw and an assassin medal before a teammate comes by long enough just to steal the final blow; often the teammate that does this is the same one that will just run by when I'm struggling for my life

4) I get *****ed at in /ops for doing damage when I'm supposed to be healing

5) Teammates who would have otherwise lived had I been healing, die

I don't find myself in matches where I can heal some and damage some. I find myself in matches were I need to spend all of my time healing and CCing and thus don't get a lot of damage in, or matches where my team is good enough that I can actually spend my time dpsing (much more slowly than real dpsers) but I actually don't get the healing medals because no one needs healing.

Edited by Eroiqua

Healers whining on medals? Srsly, that's not even funny.

So, default healer medals are:

2,5k single heal - easy

5k single heal - easy

75k healing done - easy

300k healing done - easy (i did 705k on voidstar max, 450k average on all wz)

4 medals just for doing ur job..Lets move on:

10 frags - easy (just tag a player with any dmg)

25 frags - same

75k dmg - easy

Killing blow - easy

Solo kill - doable (someone exits combat at low health - finish him)

2,5k single hit - can be hard for sorc/sage, easy for other healers.

Another 4-6 guaranteed medals...Moving on:

Alderaan: 1k-3k defender points (100% obtainable)

Huttball: 1k defender by attacking enemy carrier/doing killing blow (hard)

Voidstar: defending doors. (hard)

On average I get 9-10 medals depending on a bg PLUS I get at least 2 MVP (worst case), which count as another 2 medals...And I'm a sorc healer. Operatives/Mercs can pump even more.

Also, being a healer favours ALOT in wz, healing the right people (not the one fighting in Africa) will increase your winrate drastically.

Edited by Soulmatey

If you heal for medals and not for friends, you need to check yourself.

lol what friends? fighting in africa "for fun"? I'm healing for the WIN (defenders, flag carriers, best dpsers). If u dont have a global cooldown to assist with dmg, u need to check yourself.

I am full heal spec and I average 7-8 medals per game. Its not hard at all to throw a dot out on every enemy in the area while you are healing still pull over 300k healing, 25 kills, killing blow, etc...this game is not hard, use your brain and figure out ways to get the medals while still helping your team. My premade is currently 30-2 in warzones and we all have no issues with medals.

While I do agree we should get more medals for healing specifically but the constant complaining when it really is all on you at this point needs to end.

just learn to play

I am full heal spec and I average 7-8 medals per game. Its not hard at all to throw a dot out on every enemy in the area while you are healing still pull over 300k healing, 25 kills, killing blow, etc...this game is not hard, use your brain and figure out ways to get the medals while still helping your team. My premade is currently 30-2 in warzones and we all have no issues with medals.

While I do agree we should get more medals for healing specifically but the constant complaining when it really is all on you at this point needs to end.

just learn to play

So you can get the 11-12 medals a tank or dps can get?

Nobody is saying we can't get 7-8 medals consistently BUT we have to go out of the way and inefficiently do it, while a dps or tank just plays their role normally, and even then I can't match the amount of medals a dps or tank gets.

Edited by Jooji

So you can get the 11-12 medals a tank or dps can get?

Nobody is saying we can't get 7-8 medals consistently BUT we have to go out of the way and inefficiently do it, while a dps or tank just plays normal, and even then I can't match the amount of medals a dps or tank gets.

just speaking 4 sentinels... getting more than 7-8medals isnt easy at all while u cant just play "normal" to get them...

Edited by flowqz

just speaking 4 sentinels... getting more than 7-8medals isnt easy at all while u cant just play "normal" to get them...

You're missing the point. By default, dpsing people, killing them, etc you'll get your 7-8 medals.

As a healer who is SPECIALIZED to heal we get a default of 2-3 medals.

That's the problem.

Obviously if we just farm medals we can get more but that's counter-intuitive to winning.

Just quoting this again for all to see. There are actually people out there who think a healer should ALWAYS be a free kill to a DPS class and they actually think that is "balance".

I'm fine if a stealth class can always win a 1v1 fight with me when they get an opener from stealth (if they couldn't then they'd NEVER be able to be me when they didn't get the opener), but if my class was specifically designed to lose to every DPS player out there when I'm spec'd to heal then I'd be pretty upset, and I'm betting you would see a LOT less people willing to heal...

Strangely enough for example in LoL if your role is support, you will lose 1v1 to every dps as well and it makes sense. It's just MMOs where everything has to be balanced 1v1 and then is a mess when team play happens.

You're missing the point. By default, dpsing people, killing them, etc you'll get your 7-8 medals.

That's the problem.

Obviously if we just farm medals we can get more but that's counter-intuitive to winning.

Hi guys !

Jooji is right... I'm healer too and do 4 medals if I focus heal and do what I can to keep my mates alive (and that's not always easy trust me ^^)

Our point is, healing is the main power of a pvp group... How many times you loose before of a lack of heal ? just check WZ score board ;)

ofc we could do 6/7 medals if we let die half the team ^^ and don't tell us you don't care about heal or all healer will be on strike.

I only go in premade in WZ so that they can give MVP vote so I got normal valor.

I'm asking Devs to make something for us, at least a little compensation.

That's the problem.

The problem is that you don't even realize that you get 4 medals just for pumping heals. If you look few posts back, I breaked down the medals. Read topic first?

The problem is that you don't even realize that you get 4 medals just for pumping heals. If you look few posts back, I breaked down the medals. Read topic first?

Thanks for making my point.

A healer gets 4 medals(if that, the 5k heal isn't guaranteed) for doing his job.

A dps or tank gets 7+ for doing his job.

What are your Levels / Valor Ranks and gear?

I'm Valor 54 and have competed in Warzones from level 10.

A ops group full of operatives, could technically net the same result as they would be able to train down targets very quickly. But that's besides the point.

It's not like you even have to do any real dps, to aquire the 5/10/25 kill medals. Simply by swtching targets and throwing out an insta will give you credit towards the kill. So 2 seconds later and your back to healing.

In my premade, I can normally equal the medals the rest of my ops group can make. They all have good enough gear that they don't get destroyed quickly, everyone knows how/what to interupt and which targets to focus on. You'll be surprised how much an extra bit of DPS can help. Your DoT can cancel out their HoT etc.

My problem is which no one seem's to understand or comprehend. More medals get added for healing, seeing as you aren't asking for higher than 300k but more "inbetween" medals, that you will now aquire additional medals and good players will aquire the current available medals aswell as the potential new medals which tank/dps can't get.

I do love those that are recommending I become a hybrid or do an insignificant amount of DPS to each target in order to earn medals. Do DPS have to waste resources and time in order to gain the equivalent healer medals? Of course not, consumables give the 2.5k medal readily and help considerably towards getting 75k healing. In addition, they have their innate advantage by simply having more medals allocated to their role.

I agree that DPSing a tad, even 1hp, is a solution to the problem and I do it frequently but is a disparity that shouldn’t exist to start with. DPS aren’t being told to deviate from their chosen role often in order to get them, so why should we?

2,5k single heal - easy

5k single heal - easy

75k healing done - easy

300k healing done - easy (i did 705k on voidstar max, 450k average on all wz)

1) Also easy for DPS via consumables that don’t consume their resource pool

2) DPS equivalent is far easier to obtain at lower gear levels thanks to the debuff

3) Agreed but readily obtain by DPS for similar reason to 1.

4) Agreed

10 frags - easy (just tag a player with any dmg)

25 frags - same

75k dmg - easy

Killing blow - easy

Solo kill - doable (someone exits combat at low health - finish him)

2,5k single hit - can be hard for sorc/sage, easy for other healers.

Your own list betrays your point (and it isn't even complete) as you helpfully show the sheer disparity in terms of quantity. In addition, all of these involve deviating from my role in order to obtain DPS medals. Whilst I appreciate that people have to ‘adapt,’ I also expect all roles to have to hybridise in order to accumulate medals if that’s the case rather than just one. By default, DPS can obtain these easily (and other DPS medals) and rely on consumables/self-heals to gain some of the others without resource or time loss. Conversely, I do have to expend resources on a role that I have no desire to play.

Of course, I must be awful though because I rarely get 300k healing and 75k damage at the same time unless the game is biased towards my team. Equally, obtaining them via better gear seems pointless as I no longer require the medals if I’ve obtained the gear.

I do DPS sufficiently to earn kill medals but I loathe DPS and shouldn't have to. Similarly, I don't see an equivalent thread where DPS are complaining about the difficulty of obtaining sufficient quantities of medals and people telling them to off-heal.

Edited by Sufran