Whats the story after 50?

Vashnira

So i'm 50 now, and the biggest pull for me was the story. does it conclude at 50? thats it? i'm levelling a new toon now. but not sure how many times i can survive Drommund Kaas...

For some reason, some players have stated that there's a total of 5 chapters in this game, which is complete nonsense. I have now completed pretty much every quest there exists in this game, save for some heroics etc.

I am still on Chapter 3, and I have discovered the Darth Malgus endgame. Furthermore, there is not a single sign of HK-51 anywhere as a companion, so unless you get him after doing a flashpoint or raid, he's just complete BS as well. There is no such thing as a HK-51 companion ATM.

Well, BioWare has stated they are betting big on the level up game, and you can see that in the Legacy system.

I'm sure they'll eventually extend class stories, but who knows when or how often.

I don't see how thats going work for too long. I 46 and I have no intentions of leveling any alts...especially with the current state of the game. Maybe in a month or so I might consider an alt but then I'm done. I just don't enjoy 1-50 grind where i want to repeat it over and over again. Legacy system seems like something you release after the game is like 2+ years old not a few months after release.

For some reason, some players have stated that there's a total of 5 chapters in this game, which is complete nonsense. I have now completed pretty much every quest there exists in this game, save for some heroics etc.

I am still on Chapter 3, and I have discovered the Darth Malgus endgame. Furthermore, there is not a single sign of HK-51 anywhere as a companion, so unless you get him after doing a flashpoint or raid, he's just complete BS as well. There is no such thing as a HK-51 companion ATM.

There is, he is just not in-game yet. Files for him are there, he just isn't in the game, it's probably Legacy.

Ideally to be able to perpetually progress your character in some manner.

It’s the "perpetual" part that has level numbers for some games in the stratosphere coupled with gear stats to match. This still ends in boredom doesn't it?

It’s the "perpetual" part that has level numbers for some games in the stratosphere coupled with gear stats to match. This still ends in boredom doesn't it?

Not if the core game is fun. It's the only thing, really, holding WoW together. The game and combat is so damn solid.

There's nothing wrong with that kind of perpetual progression, I'd also love to see perpetual story progression. But I think the point of the OP is, there has to be more than roll alts.

So i'm 50 now, and the biggest pull for me was the story. does it conclude at 50? thats it? i'm levelling a new toon now. but not sure how many times i can survive Drommund Kaas...

I had a ton of quests left when i hit 50. are you sure you are 50?

New planet coming with new storyline content as well. Nevermind ops, the new raid, etc.

Edited by TheHeadCapper

Not if the core game is fun. It's the only thing, really, holding WoW together. The game and combat is so damn solid.

There's nothing wrong with that kind of perpetual progression, I'd also love to see perpetual story progression. But I think the point of the OP is, there has to be more than roll alts.

Rolling alts is something that people do naturally as you know. There are probably more than a few people here who can call off the number of level 85's (or whatever it is) that they have in world of Warcraft. Yet, when it is suggested, implemented even, as a viable aspect of a game for which 'rewards' via a Legacy System are provided, the reaction - from some - is incredulous at best. A system that will reward gamers in this genre for something that several do regardless is then labeled and considered lackluster in some way?

It impresses as contradictory.

Edited by Solar

the major voice actors are retained on long term contracts. they have voice acting done for up and coming content as much as a year in advance. the first people hired were the (professional) writers and that was 6 years ago.

we know all these facts from interview snippits.

do you really think they did not do any work on any "story" beyond lvl 50 ? . . . that that's the end of the games story arc as written ?

interesting . . .

At this very moment, there's nothing to do at 50 besides farm for this or grind for that. If you enjoy repetitive activities, you'll love being level 50. If you enjoy the storyline, you'll hate being level 50 because the stoy ends at level 50. Hopefuly they'll add more things to do at endgame in this, a self proclaimed "story driven MMO", than commendation farming for fugly endgame gear.

At this very moment, there's nothing to do at 50 besides farm for this or grind for that. If you enjoy repetitive activities, you'll love being level 50. If you enjoy the storyline, you'll hate being level 50 because the stoy ends at level 50. Hopefuly they'll add more things to do at endgame in this, a self proclaimed "story driven MMO", than commendation farming for fugly endgame gear.

So, at level 50; it basically turns into a regular "MMO" where you're waiting for expansions.

Precious.

It has raids and ops like other games. not sure why this is a surprise. I find them fun. A new planet is coming with new story content as well.

Rolling alts is something that people do naturally as you know. There are probably more than a few people here who can call off the number of level 85's (or whatever it is) that they have in world of Warcraft. Yet, when it is suggested, implemented even, as a viable aspect of a game for which 'rewards' via a Legacy System are provided, the reaction - from some - is incredulous at best. A system that will reward gamers in this genre for something that several do regardless is then labeled and considered lackluster in some way?

It impresses as contradictory.

What you might not be getting is that a lot of people like to play their lvl 50 character. This doesn't mean play their lvl 50 character and do dailies, dungeons, and battlegrounds (yep, all WoW terms, deal with it, they were in EQ1 and DAoC first), they want a sense of progression.

EQ1 had a unique AA system. The AA system basicly allowed you to accumulate points that you could spend in certain trees. Only the no-lifers could actually maximize how many AA points you could get. As you get more and more points, your character would become more and more powerful. Thus, a sense of progression with that character.

That's why people roll alts, to see progression with a character.

So, at level 50; it basically turns into a regular "MMO" where you're waiting for expansions.

Precious.

And is there something wrong with wanting some different from End-game?

There are several different types of FPS. Why can't that be the same for MMOs? Why do most of the big-name MMOs have the same dealio? Ding max lvl, now raid, do dailies, and some pvp on the side, and you'll be golden! Everybody wants to have the wild success WoW had, and that's proper business sense. But do we REALLY have to see the same stuff over and over to actually make it an amazing MMO?

The only way something is gonna stand out from the rest and not become a "niche" game is to do something innovative with the end-game, sucking people into playing their "main" or keep playing at max level. Some of my friends have been avoiding GETTING to end-game because they know it's the same sob story in this game as well as others.

Warhammer might've had a chance, but... 2 factions REALLY isn't going to cut it for a good RVR type game.

Edited by Barathos

What you might not be getting is that a lot of people like to play their lvl 50 character. This doesn't mean play their lvl 50 character and do dailies, dungeons, and battlegrounds (yep, all WoW terms, deal with it, they were in EQ1 and DAoC first), they want a sense of progression.

EQ1 had a unique AA system. The AA system basicly allowed you to accumulate points that you could spend in certain trees. Only the no-lifers could actually maximize how many AA points you could get. As you get more and more points, your character would become more and more powerful. Thus, a sense of progression with that character.

That's why people roll alts, to see progression with a character.

Funny i'm at 50 and progressing my character. Strange others choose not to.