Nerf the healer!

Valerio

LOL, then what on earth, would be the point in playing a healer? Yeah, I get interupted now I can't do jack? Should the same go for DPS, tanking, casting? You get interupted you can't do a thing.

People really need to get a clue.

lol, then what on earth, would be the point in playing a healer? Yeah, i get interupted now i can't do jack? Should the same go for dps, tanking, casting? You get interupted you can't do a thing.

People really need to get a clue.

god forbid you need to fake a cast to not get interrupted lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Bioware really caters to type of players such as yourself, then they're not worth the sub money we're giving to them.

Edited by Kennobai

Ok, so I start to cast then move.... to get 1 to blow their interupt.... So people blow their interupt within the first 10% of the cast? I'd sure like to play with you if you blow it as soon as you see it happen.

I normally get interupted, by GOOD players at around 60%+ of my cast. There are also occurances where you have no time to spare to get the heal out.

So do you never have any healers on your groups? Do you honestly think that healing is bad for a game?

You just don't get it, do you.

2-3 healers which are good literally win games all by themselves, because you can't lock them out all at the same time, you can't focus their DPS; you can't focus them ( especially because tanks babysit them with guard and taunts ), and you can't interrupt them.

I'm speaking of coordinated PvP teamfights, that is. Good team vs good team on voidstar.. well, neither will land a plant.

Alderaan will end up with 1 base capped for each team and 3rd uncapped.

Huttball is the only BG balanced enough that healers in current state don't impact it that much.

Remember that I'm talking about ACTUAL, GOOD players that play those healers. Baddies actually manage to die while playing a healing class in this game. Tank using guard on the healer and taunting all the time means that 4 player group won't kill that healer, MAYBE if they split DPS on tank and healer, and that's a big maybe.

You're unexperienced compared to PvP veterans from other MMORPGs if you really think that interrupts interrupting entire spell schools are bad for the game. You can still CC and do other stuff as a healer, if your healing school gets interrupted.

However, I'm done trying to convince an obviously inexperienced person how PvP works on higher levels of gameplay. Keep thinking that you're right.

Edited by Kennobai

You just don't get it, do you.

2-3 healers which are good literally win games all by themselves, because you can't lock them out all at the same time, you can't focus their DPS; you can't focus them ( especially because tanks babysit them with guard and taunts ), and you can't interrupt them.

I'm speaking of coordinated PvP teamfights, that is. Good team vs good team on voidstar.. well, neither will land a plant.

Alderaan will end up with 1 base capped for each team and 3rd uncapped.

Huttball is the only BG balanced enough that healers in current state don't impact it that much.

Remember that I'm talking about ACTUAL, GOOD players that play those healers. Baddies actually manage to die while playing a healing class in this game. Tank using guard on the healer and taunting all the time means that 4 player group won't kill that healer, MAYBE if they split DPS on tank and healer, and that's a big maybe.

You're unexperienced compared to PvP veterans from other MMORPGs if you really think that interrupts interrupting entire spell schools are bad for the game. You can still CC and do other stuff as a healer, if your healing school gets interrupted.

However, I'm done trying to convince an obviously inexperienced person how PvP works on higher levels of gameplay. Keep thinking that you're right.

I agree.

I have no problem with healers being able to have alternate healing spells when one was interupted. That is in fact thier JOB. My issue with healing is the % bonus from expertise.

player A 10% damge/reduction/healing and is dps spec

player b 10% damage/reduction/healing and is heal spec

the only player actualy getting a bonus from thier expertise in this fight is the healer plain and simple. Which means expertise only benefits healers in most 50's warzones since the damage reduction and damage bonus cancel each other out.

C'mon, people! No one thinks it's ridiculous that some ACs can run around with a HoT on themselves, and still DPS another class that can't heal themselves?

Not only that, but then you have to fight through a bubble, and interrupt one heal only for them to cast another heal spell right after? Then watch them shoot lightnining/throw rocks at you.

There's really very little point in pvping with a class that can't heal themselves, especially since ALL ACs with a healing tree are ranged, and have multiple forms of CC. They have the best of everything.

I played DAOC for 10 years PvPing. So, out of 8 players 3 of them are healers and 2/3 of them are tanks..... where exactly is their DPS?

I've been schooled even when guarded by premade 4 mans on my sorcerer, 1 force chokes whilst the other whale on me.

Yes, I forgot.... I can use my stun.. oh wait 60s cooldown... or whirlwind... oh wait 60s cooldown. Ok, I'll pulse force lightning hitting for 300 per pulse.... yeah.... great idea.

How does expertise only benefit healers? 10% of 5k damaage from an Operative = 500, 10% of HEAL spec sorc's probably 1k damage = 100... so erm... who gets the most DPS?

So my DPS == that of an Operative when I'm heal specced, which I need to be.. to get access to the HoT as its in my skill tree?

You people must be having completely different experiences to what I'm having in this game.....

C'mon, people! No one thinks it's ridiculous that some ACs can run around with a HoT on themselves, and still DPS another class that can't heal themselves?

Not only that, but then you have to fight through a bubble, and interrupt one heal only for them to cast another heal spell right after? Then watch them shoot lightnining/throw rocks at you.

There's really very little point in pvping with a class that can't heal themselves, especially since ALL ACs with a healing tree are ranged, and have multiple forms of CC. They have the best of everything.

So clueless. It's kinda cute actually.

Anyway, anyone who thinks healers are overpowered is probably just bad. Assuming there isn't another healer healing the one you focus, you should easily take down a sorc or operative healer in <10 seconds with a couple people on him. Obviously you need to cc/stun the other healer first if there is one.

I played DAOC for 10 years PvPing. So, out of 8 players 3 of them are healers and 2/3 of them are tanks..... where exactly is their DPS?

I've been schooled even when guarded by premade 4 mans on my sorcerer, 1 force chokes whilst the other whale on me.

Yes, I forgot.... I can use my stun.. oh wait 60s cooldown... or whirlwind... oh wait 60s cooldown. Ok, I'll pulse force lightning hitting for 300 per pulse.... yeah.... great idea.

How does expertise only benefit healers? 10% of 5k damaage from an Operative = 500, 10% of HEAL spec sorc's probably 1k damage = 100... so erm... who gets the most DPS?

So my DPS == that of an Operative when I'm heal specced, which I need to be.. to get access to the HoT as its in my skill tree?

You people must be having completely different experiences to what I'm having in this game.....

fail math seriously... your 10% expertise bonus grants you a 10% DAMAGE REDUCTION which negates any dps classes 10% damage bonus which means he's doing NO extra damage to you BUT as a healer you still get your 10% healing bonus.

fail math seriously... your 10% expertise bonus grants you a 10% DAMAGE REDUCTION which negates any dps classes 10% damage bonus which means he's doing NO extra damage to you BUT as a healer you still get your 10% healing bonus.

And our healing is nerfed 30% upon entering a warzone, QQ moar.

So clueless. It's kinda cute actually.

Anyway, anyone who thinks healers are overpowered is probably just bad. Assuming there isn't another healer healing the one you focus, you should easily take down a sorc or operative healer in <10 seconds with a couple people on him. Obviously you need to cc/stun the other healer first if there is one.

LOL! You must be one of those hybrid mercs that tracer spam, get interrupted, and cast your hot as you kite around to set up tracer again.

In any case, you're playing a class with a healing tree. I have one too, and it IS ezmode even in a 2v1 with a hybrid sorc.

LOL! You must be one of those hybrid mercs that tracer spam, get interrupted, and cast your hot as you kite around to set up tracer again.

In any case, you're playing a class with a healing tree. I have one too, and it IS ezmode even in a 2v1 with a hybrid sorc.

You can't win a 1v2 as a healer AC if there's equal skill involved.

Edited by Jooji

I have no problem with healers being able to have alternate healing spells when one was interupted. That is in fact thier JOB. My issue with healing is the % bonus from expertise.

player A 10% damge/reduction/healing and is dps spec

player b 10% damage/reduction/healing and is heal spec

the only player actualy getting a bonus from thier expertise in this fight is the healer plain and simple. Which means expertise only benefits healers in most 50's warzones since the damage reduction and damage bonus cancel each other out.

Are you forgetting theres already a 30% healing debuff in PvP?

Actually i still think people are complaining because of expertise, it causes such a difference that its kinda silly actually.

The people complaining are either:

A) fresh 50s

or

B) Very bad

Healing in this game IS NOT healing in WoW. One dps or tank can keep me from healing others if he knows how to properly apply the pressure. Now can that one dps or tank kill me? Probably not, if I have some LoS or CDs, but one person "nagging" me can greatly reduce my effectiveness.

Ok, so I start to cast then move.... to get 1 to blow their interupt.... So people blow their interupt within the first 10% of the cast? I'd sure like to play with you if you blow it as soon as you see it happen.

When a heal is interrupted it needs to lock out the rest of the healing abilities otherwise it's pointless since another heal can be followed up immediately after the first was cancelled which is a huge advantage for a healer.

I normally get interupted, by GOOD players at around 60%+ of my cast. There are occurances where you have no time to spare to get the heal out.

You say there are occurrences which you have no time to spare in order to get a heal off. That's the point! You shouldn't always have the time to get a heal off.

So do you never have any healers on your groups? Do you honestly think that healing is bad for a game?

I don't think he ever said that healing is bad for a game, just that it needs to be more balanced in pvp.

You may have PvPed in DAoC for 8+ years but you must have been horrible at it if you honestly thought the idea of fakecasting was a joke; heres a link explaining the importance of it. It may be a WoW guide but it should apply to this game too if they actually balance healing. What a concept, healing actually taking skill! http://www.locksucks.com/2008/10/l2pvp-fakecasting/

Lol, nerf the healer? If anything, nerf the damage people do! I play a healer and with this patch, it's impossible to keep anyone alive including myself. There are almost no pure healers in this game as it is and you just gave them all another reason to not spec healing. I'm currently level 48 and level 15's are kicking the crap out of me.... THAT IS JUST WRONG!

The bolster effect is now more beneficial the lower your level, the skill tree means nothing now. Shouldn't it be the opposite of this?

You guys need to wake the hell up or you're going to have a server population of just DPS'ers and nothing else.

When a heal is interrupted it needs to lock out the rest of the healing abilities otherwise it's pointless since another heal can be followed up immediately after the first was cancelled which is a huge advantage for a healer.

You say there are occurrences which you have no time to spare in order to get a heal off. That's the point! You shouldn't always have the time to get a heal off.

I don't think he ever said that healing is bad for a game, just that it needs to be more balanced in pvp.

You may have PvPed in DAoC for 8+ years but you must have been horrible at it if you honestly thought the idea of fakecasting was a joke; heres a link explaining the importance of it. It may be a WoW guide but it should apply to this game too if they actually balance healing. What a concept, healing actually taking skill! http://www.locksucks.com/2008/10/l2pvp-fakecasting/

You clearly haven't played a SWTOR healer.

Fake casting? We can't heal up from 20% hp in 2 casts like in WoW. It takes 4-6 casts in this game to heal up from full. If we had to fake cast there's no way we'd ever be able to heal ourselves up without dying. On top of that, both the operative and merc only have one base casted heal that isn't on a cd. If you lock either of those classes out of that heal there isn't much they can do.