What Planets are you expecting in the future and why?

Argonloris

I've been breaking out all the old star wars history books, encyclopedias, and maps trying to think of places that stories might continue on. Think I've found a few.

Dagobah- the dark side cave once held a powerful sith. That residual energy is what allowed Yoda to hide. Also the knobby white spiders there would make for an excellent world boss.

Kashyyyk- The usual, Empire wants wookie slaves and Republic wants wookie allies. Makes for a good story hook for bowdarr as well.

Dathimor- I'd have to reread the book but I don't remember any mention of exactly when the Chu'unthor crashed there. There is also mention of a sith training academy on the planet at one point.

Kessel- Beyond having the galaxies largest and richest spice mines, Kessel holds part of the Celestials containment system for Abeloth.

Mandalore- Home of the Mandolore

Yavin- Self-explanatory connection to the Sith.

Hapes- The timeline is about right for the point where the Jedi fought with the pirates in the Hapes star cluster.

Thoughts or other ideas welcome.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manaan - Strong KOTOR links and Kolto connection.

Telos - Strong KOTOR links, Jedi/Sith holocron den (unless they've moved them since then)

Dantooine - Old Jedi links. Possibly the force ghosts of the old Jedi Council.

It'd also be nice to see Vjun, Onderon and Dxun. I really hope they don't include Endor.

I think that we'll definitely see Naboo. They don't necessarily have to have Gungans in it since they are known to live under water, and to avoid the massive dislike people have for them. Naboo is referenced early on in a mission on Hutta, someone mentioning receiving supplies, or wine, or something from Naboo.

Naboo is a gorgeous city. So much so that I've used it as a header of one of my guide sections at ForceTremor

In addition to what the OP posted, I'd love to see Bespin. It would be cool to see that cloud city.

Edited by Ohnoto

Dagobah unfortunately wont be in the game, GL has some rules against using it, maybe he plans to do some more story stuff with it in the future.

Ziost= heard it mentioned in the game and it is a very dark side planet with many sith ruins.

Myyrk= with force hungry vornskyrs, and ysalimari, would be cool.

Naboo would be cool, but according to lore, from the Plaguesis book, Naboo was very isolated until right before the prequels, not engaging in the galactic community in any real way at all, may be kinda hard to fit it in canon wise, but i suppose is possible.

Zonoma Sekot would be interesting, a living planet!

Myyrk= with force hungry vornskyrs, and ysalimari, would be cool.

You mean Myrkr. Yeah, that would be an interesting place to visit. Not sure how they'd do the fact that the whole planet is null in the Force because of the ysalamiri, but it could be very interesting.

I'd also love to see Ziost. A lot like Korriban, except snowy instead of desert, could be great for uncovering all kinds of lost Sith lore.

I agree on not seeing Endor. Much as it is a fun planet to explore, it really shouldn't be in the galactic consciousness just yet.

Dantooine would be fun. I miss it's purple plains from SWG.

Dagobah unfortunately wont be in the game, GL has some rules against using it, maybe he plans to do some more story stuff with it in the future

Knowing GL, we'll find out that Dagobah was made from midichlorians and Darth Vader's tears.

Edited by Lexandar

Manaan = Time to go swimming with the evil fishies again :o

Lehon (Star forge Planet) = I forsee it as a future Raid(s) planet.

Ryloth = Need more Twi lek slaves :p

Endor = Pvp planet... first one to cause a forest fire wins

Naboo = So we may commit mass genocide of a rather annoying species.

Yavin = Something to do with the other Sith Hybrid species thingys.

Hapes doesn't work as only the hapan pirates knew how to travel the transitory mists to the hapes cluster. Though I've thought if they ever made a third faction the Lorell Raiders would be something intresting to expand upon for the third faction.

My list is big, because i think the glaxay is big and the offering of playable planets ought to be numerous. There could be mulitple stories going on here. I know it would tak eyears to accomplish this developers, but think of the job secuirty! :jawa_cool:

Bespin - cloud city harvests Tibanna gas... opressed workers? gangsters moving in?

Yavin IV - its a moon remember, the planet itself is a gas giant - dark side connection

Dathomir - the witches... and Rancor Mounts!

Kashykk - Wookies gotta be a playable race

Sluis Van - famous shipyards, homeworld of the Sluissi

Malestare - gotta have pod/swoop races!, Gran homeworld i think

Naboo - i think this has enormous story potential - there could be refugees from Alderaan settling there and having a conflict with gungans (please Bio, give me a reason to kill Gungans....pleeeeeease?)

Bpfassh - the planet is rich in Star Wars history

Ukio - agricultural world...full of jedi washouts? could be dark side story potenial there

Bothawui - please let the Bothans be a playable race... the intrigue would be incredible

Sullust - home world of the Sullustans

Calamarri - homeworld of the Mon Calamarri and the Quarren

Geonosis - they've already got them as villains on Tatooine

Lehon - homeworld of the extinct Rakata - super force users

Kuat - famous shipyards, large city world

Cademimu - they alreaady have a flashpoint there...

Muunilinst - the Muun homeworld... trouble witht eh Banking Clans?

Ryloth - Twi-Lek homeworld... wouldn't be awesome to see a planet of hot twi'lek dancers?

Kintan - Nikto homeworld... potential for more story there

Others: Chiss, Mandalore, Honoghr, Bilibringi, Cathar, Duro, Ithor, Ando, Arkanian, Carida, Hapes Cluster, Kessel , Bandomeer, Bimmisaari, Arkania, Mannan, Dantooine

One thing I hope get done is the expansion of playable area in Coruscant.... the WHOLE planet is a city and so integral to everything that is Star Wars.... theres gotta be more stories in Coruscant for other level tiers, not just 10-16. :jawa_cool:

the Gungan speices was alright, better than some, it's just Jar Jar that blows.

Yavin 4 (and possibly 2) would be awesome, lots of Sith connections with Exar Kun.

Sullust would be pretty cool, particularly if they add a "pilot" classs.

Kuat. either the planet or the shipyards, would make for some really cool game play and story, the ruling families and companies fighting over which side to support and build ships for.

Dathomir would be great for a story semi telling the story of how the Nightsisters formed or some discovery of the Kwa and their instant gate travel. Or trying to rescue some prisoners from the Paecian Empire.

Dac, have two distinct speices the Mon Calamari and Quarren, also have a couple of other species, Amphi-Hydrus and their darkside affenity would be interesting to quest around

I'm down for almost any of the ones you guys already posted. My only concern is "continuity". I know, I'm one of "those guys". I'm also a big EU fan, so I have a lot of biases. I also know Lucas projects like this game override books and comics, but anytime the EU is adhered too, its a bonus for me.

As long as everyone realizes this game takes place about 3,500 years before ANH, I'm all good.

Manaan = Time to go swimming with the evil fishies again :o

Lehon (Star forge Planet) = I forsee it as a future Raid(s) planet.

Ryloth = Need more Twi lek slaves :p

Endor = Pvp planet... first one to cause a forest fire wins

Naboo = So we may commit mass genocide of a rather annoying species.

Yavin = Something to do with the other Sith Hybrid species thingys.

What this person said. Also adding Dantooine to that list. I miss my half naked Dantari brethren.

I want to see more Core Worlds--I want to see the height of galactic civilization, not just a bunch of backwater worlds. We mostly see the more rugged worlds in SW films, books, and games. The only true Core Worlds in TOR right now are Coruscant, Corellia, and Alderaan. If they are done properly, I'd love to see Rhinnal, Recopia, Anaxes, Shawken, etc. Heck, they could even use Bastila's homeworld of Talravin or Satele's homeworld of Brentaal.

Dagobah- the dark side cave once held a powerful sith. That residual energy is what allowed Yoda to hide. Also the knobby white spiders there would make for an excellent world boss.

Dathimor- I'd have to reread the book but I don't remember any mention of exactly when the Chu'unthor crashed there. There is also mention of a sith training academy on the planet at one point.

The dark side cave came from a Dark Jedi that was killed just a few centuries before the movies. Didn't happen yet.

Yoda was apparently on Chu'unthor, so it couldn't have taken place more than 900 years before the movies.

Naboo so we can kill gungans

Naboo was by far my favorite planet in SWG, but it would have only been colonized by refugees from the Core World Grizmallt for 300ish years by the time of the game so it wouldn't look anything like we saw it in TPM . . . though supposedly the Naboo kept their original styles of dress and architecture and stuff, so it wouldn't be too bad if TOR indulged in its habit of using movie designs this time. The cities would have to be MUCH simpler than in the movies though.

I do love Naboo though, and given its prominence in the prequels I'm sure they'll put it in somehow. As long as they do their homework and make it look like a relatively recent settled planet (and who knows, maybe Gungan civilization is more advanced--or at least more widespread--at this stage than it was in the movies?) I'd be happy with that.

I also kind of want to see a Gungan Sith Lord.

Edited by Iaius

I'd love to see more Core worlds, even if they end up being mostly Republic worlds, just give it more openness to the game.

I'd like to add Byss, deep core world that the Emperor used as his base.

Think we need more Mid-Rim worlds as well...they need to separate out the sectors of the galaxy better as well.

Bespin - cloud city harvests Tibanna gas... opressed workers? gangsters moving in?

Yavin IV - its a moon remember, the planet itself is a gas giant - dark side connection

Dathomir - the witches... and Rancor Mounts!

Agreed, with the fun!

Kashykk - Wookies gotta be a playable race

With the way the game is constructed, I don't think Wookiees will be easily playable. The game is so reliant on gear that making Wookiees look right will be incredibly difficult without a Khem Val style cheat, and the voice acting and dialogue mean that Wookiees are practically impossible to implement in that regard. And with there being no real statistical difference between the species, the main reason for playing a Wookiee (which is to say, unfathomable strength) is gone.

Sluis Van - famous shipyards, homeworld of the Sluissi

Malestare - gotta have pod/swoop races!, Gran homeworld i think

Yes, the Gran homeworld is Malastare. Could be interesting to add some kind of racing minigame to the game, though the planet would need to be more than a collection of racetracks.

Naboo - i think this has enormous story potential - there could be refugees from Alderaan settling there and having a conflict with gungans (please Bio, give me a reason to kill Gungans....pleeeeeease?)

Hey, Gungans rock! Who else has portable, hand-held energy shields? But I agree, Naboo could be an awesome place to explore.

Bpfassh - the planet is rich in Star Wars history

Meh. Other than some Dark Jedi getting loose in about 2500 years, who cares?

Ukio - agricultural world...full of jedi washouts? could be dark side story potenial there

I did always like Ukio for some reason. Could be interesting.

Bothawui - please let the Bothans be a playable race... the intrigue would be incredible

Bothans would be a little easier to implement than Wookiees.

Sullust - home world of the Sullustans

Sullust could actually be very interesting. Most of the story would take place underground, due to the world's inherent volcanic activity. Going to the surface would be dangerous, reserved for later parts of the story, and may require specialized equipment.

Calamarri - homeworld of the Mon Calamarri and the Quarren

Most of the action on Mon Calamari (or Dac, it's other proper name) would take place underwater. Could be very interesting to add three-dimensional underwater combat.

Geonosis - they've already got them as villains on Tatooine

Differentiating it from Tatooine and Korrriban could be difficult.

Lehon - homeworld of the extinct Rakata - super force users

Kuat - famous shipyards, large city world

Cademimu - they alreaady have a flashpoint there...

Muunilinst - the Muun homeworld... trouble witht eh Banking Clans?

Meh.

Ryloth - Twi-Lek homeworld... wouldn't be awesome to see a planet of hot twi'lek dancers?

Ryloth could be REALLY interesting. The planet is tidally locked with its sun, making one side uninhabitably hot and the other side intensely cold. The only survivable area is the twilight band. Could make for a very visually interesting area, and some missions could take you to the sun and night sides respectively.

Kintan - Nikto homeworld... potential for more story there

Meh.

Others: Chiss,

The Chiss homeworld is actually Csilla. Another ice planet, differentiating it from Hoth and Illum would be tough.

Mandalore,

Could be interesting.

Honoghr,

The Noghri aren't discovered until the Dark Times, about three thousand years from now. Much as I like the Noghri, no. Just no.

Bilibringi,

A shipyard's a shipyard.

Cathar,

Along with its people!

Duro,

A lot like Balmorra, only more toxic.

Ithor,

You do no that practically no one is allowed to set foot on Ithor, right?

Ando, Arkanian, Carida,

Meh.

Hapes Cluster,

Could be interesting, but as noted, the Hapes Cluster is totally isolated. Getting there and back is a challenge.

Kessel,

Now that cold be interesting.

Bandomeer, Bimmisaari, Arkania,[/quopte]

Meh.

Mannan,

Another water-world.

Dantooine

I do miss the purple plains of Dantooine.

With the way the game is constructed, I don't think Wookiees will be easily playable. The game is so reliant on gear that making Wookiees look right will be incredibly difficult without a Khem Val style cheat, and the voice acting and dialogue mean that Wookiees are practically impossible to implement in that regard. And with there being no real statistical difference between the species, the main reason for playing a Wookiee (which is to say, unfathomable strength) is gone.

Well theres already a mechanic to "hide" your head gear, even though its technically on your character. I play a Jedi Consular and the headwear is a total fashion disaster. Why can't Wookies get the same treatment, only to their whole body... they would still be using teh existing equipment thats already in game at that point. Also, I don't think the voice acting is a problem. Having recently checked outed my local bookstore, I came across a book called "How to Speak Wookie" (it really exists, I found it on thinkgeek.com as well). Each page has numerous and different phrases in equally different wookie-speak. And its licenced by Lucasarts. Voice acting solved. :jawa_cool:

So, you'd be happy with Wookiees having four different bodies, a dozen different heads, maybe twelve different colors, and maybe five different baldrics? And keeping that look for the entire game, levels 1 through 50, and possibly beyond?

Also, how long do you think you can listen to variations on "Aarrgh" before you want to throttle your own character?