Tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile

ReRuined

That video shows some pretty terrible players on the other side as well failing to do anything to try and stop him. Being geared helps too.

Also Arsenal is a PVE spec, low burst good sustained.

Due to the way that armor (doesn't) work, tracer missile does not not benefit from itself. If they actually fix armor to absorb kinetic and energy attack like it says it does, the class will see a drop in damage with a slight rampup after 4.5 seconds. If you watch the video of the one guy trying stupidly to make a point and failing subsequent shots still do about 2k each with only the crits coming near 4k.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skill(s) necessary for pvp:

Tracer Missle

Heat Seaking Missles

Unload

Electro-Dart

Rail Shot

Rocket Punch

Explosive Dart

Jet Boost

Kolto Overload

Thermal Override

Energy Shield

Cure

Rapid Scan

Healing Scan

Power Surge

Concussion Missle

Stealth Scan

Death From Above

Sweeping Blasters

PvP trinket

Vent Heat

Rapid Shots

Sprint

Hunter's boon

Trinket 1

Trinket 2

Buff pot

Healing pot

Throw Huttball

Hm. Im not a scientist or anything but looks like more than 1 skill to me.

Edited by unequivocal

Tracer Missle

Heat Seaking Missles

Unload

Electro-Dart

Rail Shot

Rocket Punch

Explosive Dart

Jet Boost

Kolto Overload

Thermal Override

Energy Shield

Cure

Rapid Scan

Healing Scan

Power Surge

Concussion Missle

Stealth Scan

Death From Above

Sweeping Blasters

PvP trinket

Vent Heat

Rapid Shots

Sprint

Hunter's boon

Trinket 1

Trinket 2

Buff pot

Healing pot

Throw Huttball

Nice try, tracer missile spammer, but you can't fool me.

Tracer Missle

Heat Seaking Missles

Unload

Electro-Dart

Rail Shot

Rocket Punch

Explosive Dart

Jet Boost

Kolto Overload

Thermal Override

Energy Shield

Cure

Rapid Scan

Healing Scan

Power Surge

Concussion Missle

Stealth Scan

Death From Above

Sweeping Blasters

PvP trinket

Vent Heat

Rapid Shots

Sprint

Hunter's boon

Trinket 1

Trinket 2

Buff pot

Healing pot

Throw Huttball

^this, but the Commando mirror skills in my case.

Of course I'm going to use an ability that weakens a target's armor, clears the cooldown on full auto, gives me 10% damage reduction, restores ammo on a crit, and increases the damage of high impact shot and demolition round. There are plenty of other abilities I use as a commando when the situation calls for it, but if I'm going for damage I'm absolutely going to use grav round.

Hey if you wanna hate on Mercs so much go back to the BH Merc Nerf Thread, I'm still waiting on an intelligent conversation from you other than a bandwagon-jumping nerf cry.

The only one not making intelligent conversation is yourself and tbh anyone defending tracer/grav spam.

I've pointed out what's wrong with it countless times, I'm aware how to counter it but what you lot that are defending don't seem to be clicking on to....at all.

This is supposed to be balanced for 8 v 8 therefore there is much more than some single button mashing derp to worry about, LOS isn't all that great an option on the majority of maps (with the exception of the central turret in Alderaan and when you are underneath the platforms in huttballs) most of the spaces are open thus meaning it takes a lot longer than 1.5 sec to duck behind cover.

Most mercs won't face you head on with tracer missle spam, they will be stood behind there sorcs thus meaning you have to pass other classes to get to them and can be CC'ed at any time while trying to approach, by the point you get to them (unless you are a JK/SW in which case you have leap but can still be CC'ed at any point leading up to and the Merc will use there knockback anyway) you'll be at half health or less.... One of the biggest complaints about engaging Scoundrels/Ops was that you always started your part of the engagement on the backfoot.

And lets say you do get to them and interupt tracer missle, now what? Oh thats right the Merc has a dozen over skills they can use while they wait for tracer missle to come back up and a dozen more tools to survive while waiting for it, only an absolute idiot of a Merc will stand and do nothing.

Think of this from a REAL perspective for a change, this is about balancing a game for a better teamplay experience in which a balanced team composition should usually outperform one with stacked classes....with the state of the Merc and Commando right now, this is so far from the truth it's unreal.

Sure you carry on defending Tracer/Grav, keep calling the rest of us bad....but don't come here crying that your class is being gutted when Bioware decide to sort out the problem, I sure as hell didn't complain about the Scoundrel nerf and I play one so I'd expect you to keep a lid on it too.

Tracer Missle

Heat Seaking Missles

Unload

Electro-Dart

Rail Shot

Rocket Punch

Explosive Dart

Jet Boost

Energy Shield

Cure

Rapid Scan

Power Surge

Concussion Missle

Stealth Scan

Death From Above

Sweeping Blasters

PvP trinket

Vent Heat

Hunter's boon

Buff pot

Healing pot

Throw Huttball

that is the list of skills i use in EVERY huttball game

my rotation:

-1v1: unload > tracer x3 > heat seekers > tracer x2 > rail shot > unload (when proc) > missile blast (if they try to run away) w/ electro dart, jet boost, and rocket punch added in when needed

-large group: explosive dart > fusion missile > death from above > sweeping blasters > missile blast (if i have any heat left)

kinda nice to have TWO rotations huh?

Well, for mercs that are speced into Arsenal, You're kinda forced to use tracer missle to build up a heat signature for heatseekers to be affective and to get rid of the cooldown for unload. So it's not like we like using it, it's more like bioware forces us to use it.

You think we like that? Gimme a break. Give me an interrupt or a jump (Not sure why a Bounty Hunter can't charge people with ROCKETS DUH).....

Otherwise we have no abilities other than tracer......

Think most people fail to see that tracer missile is just a charge up for other abilities.

Need to use it at least 3 times before using the other attacks.

But before L35 its pretty much the only ability worth a damn.

I took a different path on my BH, so I could stop seeing my toon bent over shooting fire out of the bum all the time.

Cost me a fortune in Krayt meat and Tusken curry to produce the flame and smoke effects all the time.

I'm much happier now with my new spec. :)

Finally someone explained in detail how things work to the whiners, this should be a sticky so all can see it before making another QQ thread about it.

Someone should make a detailed explanation such as this one for the Commando as well.

Explanation is almost exactly the same. Just change the names of the abilities, and instead of building heat, we deplete ammo. Same system. If our ammo is high, it regens fast. If it is low, it regens slow, and leaves us useless.

The abilities all do the same thing, just with different names.

TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE

SILENCED

OMG RUN IN CIRCLES FOR 4 SECONDS

TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE

TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE

Seriously, how does 1 class get away with being 1 Button Champions, but every other needs 3-4 bars of abilities to be effective?

Casting? Nope, Mind Snap. Again? Nope, Spinning Kick. Again? Nope, Force Stun. Now that your resolve is full and you're at half health you can spam Tracer Missile/ Grav Round all day.

Let's also not forget LoS easily solves this issue.

Edited by AndrianMendel

The only one not making intelligent conversation is yourself and tbh anyone defending tracer/grav spam.

Note for future reference: Starting an argument off with a logical fallacy (generalization, in this case) is a poor way to convince people of the validity of your point or your claims of intelligent conversation.

I've pointed out what's wrong with it countless times, I'm aware how to counter it but what you lot that are defending don't seem to be clicking on to....at all.

This is supposed to be balanced for 8 v 8 therefore there is much more than some single button mashing derp to worry about, LOS isn't all that great an option on the majority of maps (with the exception of the central turret in Alderaan and when you are underneath the platforms in huttballs) most of the spaces are open thus meaning it takes a lot longer than 1.5 sec to duck behind cover.

Two things:

One, you specifically cite an 8v8 balance design. Let's remember that for later.

Two, LoS is a valid option in the majority of situations, unless you've improperly positioned yourself. ANY of the turret controls in Civil War are suitable LoS breakers. Even if you're fighting in the fields, away from the control points (a basic mistake common to those unfamiliar with objective based PVP), there is a good deal of wreckage/structure/terrain effects to hide behind. Huttball has the previously mentioned platforms. Voidstar has columns in the first room that I use every single match to LoS enemy ranged. The second room is a bit trickier once you pass the bridges, but there are still alcoves on either side of each door. The final room features shipping crates by the East door, and ramps by the North door. All serve as viable concealment objects.

Most mercs won't face you head on with tracer missle spam, they will be stood behind there sorcs thus meaning you have to pass other classes to get to them and can be CC'ed at any time while trying to approach, by the point you get to them (unless you are a JK/SW in which case you have leap but can still be CC'ed at any point leading up to and the Merc will use there knockback anyway) you'll be at half health or less.... One of the biggest complaints about engaging Scoundrels/Ops was that you always started your part of the engagement on the backfoot.

I thought this was 8v8, not you vs. a Merc and a Sorc? Why aren't any of the 7 others on your team CCing or otherwise occupying the Sorc, allowing you to get to the Merc? And why is the Merc using his knockback? I though he had a single ability only?

And lets say you do get to them and interupt tracer missle, now what? Oh thats right the Merc has a dozen over skills they can use while they wait for tracer missle to come back up and a dozen more tools to survive while waiting for it, only an absolute idiot of a Merc will stand and do nothing.

Apparently, we have over two dozen skills to use when Tracer/Grav is on cooldown. I though the argument here was that all classes besides Commando/Merc needed multiple bars worth of abilities? You're doing a splendid job of assassinating your own case.

Think of this from a REAL perspective for a change, this is about balancing a game for a better teamplay experience in which a balanced team composition should usually outperform one with stacked classes....with the state of the Merc and Commando right now, this is so far from the truth it's unreal.

Every example you've listed revolves around either you vs a Merc 1v1, or you vs a combination of multiple opponents. Where is the team play you speak of?

Sure you carry on defending Tracer/Grav, keep calling the rest of us bad....but don't come here crying that your class is being gutted when Bioware decide to sort out the problem, I sure as hell didn't complain about the Scoundrel nerf and I play one so I'd expect you to keep a lid on it too.

Nobody here needs to call you bad. You've done an admirable job of that yourself.

Casting? Nope, Mind Snap. Again? Nope, Spinning Kick. Again? Nope, Force Stun. Now that your resolve is full and you're at half health you can spam Tracer Missile/ Grav Round all day.

Let's also not forget LoS easily solves this issue.

I approve this. I play a sage and it pretty ez to counter tracer missile. Only thing i must say, look so boring to play when you always spam 1 ability until you reach X amount of stack to do something else.... Look like boring arcane mage in wow. (But atlest in pvp you dont play that spec)

I use more than just tracer-missle; but if we want to kill you it's our major DPS skill. It's boring as hell but it gets the job done. What is sad is a player will just stand there and let you spam him to death - not our fault the guy isn't more aware of what's going on. LOL either that or it's all the lag he's experiencing.

I'm all for giving BH's more useful skills or rework to make their useless skills useful. I didn't pay 1 gold since level 40 for any skills because all the upgrades/skills I got were next to useless and didn't fit my merc build.

It's funny when I run up and apply quell to these guys and their tracer missles, then they stand around waiting for their tracer missile button to reactivate. Guess they forgot about the other buttons.

If they aren't within melee range it's really annoying. I get hit with missiles and they don't even have LOS.

Explosive dart, Tracer X3 with a Heatseeker followup

usually the need to re-locate/chase/run follows otherwise

STUN

Explosive dart

3x tracer

Heatseeker

The trick is to mix in the stun and mez inbetween and avoid a situation where their CC breaker screws everything up and yer forced to knockem back and try again

TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE

FORCE LIGHTNING FORCE LIGHTNING FORCE LIGHTNING FORCE LIGHTNING FORCE LIGHTNING FORCE LIGHTNING FORCE LIGHTNING FORCE LIGHTNING FORCE LIGHTNING

FORCE LIGHTNING FORCE LIGHTNING FORCE LIGHTNING FORCE LIGHTNING FORCE LIGHTNING FORCE LIGHTNING FORCE LIGHTNING FORCE LIGHTNING FORCE LIGHTNING

Please make it stop.

:(