Where has the crowd gone to?

Cemellyn

When I first started the game a few weeks ago, I always had to queue to get into the server I play. Not only that several servers were always full. But now when I log into the game even at peak time, its guaranteed that I will always get in.

Sometimes when questing in Nar Shadda or Alderaan, at most there are only 8 people in the zone. Much lesser than the crowd in Taris or Coruscant. Also getting a group for flash point seems to have gotten much harder than when a couple of weeks ago.

So I'm just wondering where have all the people gone to and a couple of things came to my mind.

1. The players have moved on to another server that doesn't require them to queue up

2. BW has increased server capacity

3. The players have stopped playing for various reasons (Novelty worn off, gone back to WoW other MMO, upset with current crafting system etc)

4. All of the above

What do you guys/girls think?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first started the game a few weeks ago, I always had to queue to get into the server I play. Not only that several servers were always full. But now when I log into the game even at peak time, its guaranteed that I will always get in.

Sometimes when questing in Nar Shadda or Alderaan, at most there are only 8 people in the zone. Much lesser than the crowd in Taris or Coruscant. Also getting a group for flash point seems to have gotten much harder than when a couple of weeks ago.

So I'm just wondering where have all the people gone to and a couple of things came to my mind.

1. The players have moved on to another server that doesn't require them to queue up

3. The players have stopped playing for various reasons (Novelty worn off, gone back to WoW other MMO, upset with current crafting system etc)

4. All of the above

#3, that's all it is. TOR has shown people that it's just another MMO, nothing special, extremely linear, and the only potentially redeeming quality is voice overs, but they as well become aggravating the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc time you hear them in a instance as nothing changes and there is no way to just bypass them. Most of my friends who quit said they'd still play if they could turn the cutscenes off for instances, and I agree whole heartedly, it's annoying that you spend half the time in there talking, even mashing the space bar. That, and ability delay turned a lot of people off, and it's too late now, even if they fix it, the damage is done.

OP, it's just typical. When a new MMO comes out and isn't up to snuff, people leave, and odds are, they won't come back, I know I won't unless there is a complete over haul.

First, stop equating having to wait in line to play a game as a positive thing. Queues should always be TEMPORARY measures until server capacity can be increased. Otherwise something is VERY wrong with the management of the game.

Second, the game launched during the holidays, there were more people on at all hours because of that.

But definitely the first part is key. Don't think queues are acceptable. That will ruin things for everyone.

This is the main reason for me, between school and work I only get to play maybe 2-3 nights a week.

Yeah.

Also Servers were full because people had time to play hours on end. That's not the case, now people are getting into their more normal rotations...

But I'm sure there will be more people coming in here to tell everyone how the game sucks and people are fleeing because of it....

Yeah.

Also Servers were full because people had time to play hours on end. That's not the case, now people are getting into their more normal rotations...

But I'm sure there will be more people coming in here to tell everyone how the game sucks and people are fleeing because of it....

Can't handle the truth........

4. All of the above

The free month players left..

All that is left are the people that are enjoying the game as is and are continuing to play the game.

I think the lack of q's for some people is contributed to the fact that Bioware(and EA, don't say EA isn't involved in this) increased the server pop cap. Although some people have left. Just because some people don't like certain aspects of the game doesn't mean the whole game is bad.

And about crafting, I like it. I don't have to stand around crafting something, I can just send my companions that aren't with me out to get resources, but I can also collect resources while in the field.

Which one would that be? I don't believe there is one out there.

Good point. Every mmo out there...every single one...is "broken" to somebody. That's the nature of the beast. Any company venturing into the mmo genre wades into a massive cess pool of a million expectations of what it "should be". Can't please 'em all and frankly any company that tries is just batpoop crazy.

Oh the updates they will come, and will not cease until it's gone...

and will not cease until it's gone...