**Ditch the MVP system, or make it automatic.**

bodhisattvasw

It's not working.. Either;

1) People vote for their premade pals.

2) People don't vote at all.

3) People vote for random people who don't deserve it.

Therefore, the system really doesn't serve any purpose. For example I routinely do top dmg, top heals, but don't get any MVP while other random people do. It makes no sense. MVP awards should be automatic, based on the stats during the match. That would make it fair, and honorable because right now it's just a mess.

Anyone else agree?

I used to vote for healers until I realized that most healers either pick one target and sticks with it or gets most of their healing done from healing themselves only.

Most of the time I now vote for objectives and in rare occasions medals if there is someone breaking 10+ and has helped the team alot.

If there is a premade in your group , most likely that premade hade something to do with your victory.

There for they deserve the mvp's ?

the point is no one is correctly voting for who actually won them the game it's just based on a you scratch my back I'll scratch yours situation which is dumb.

Therefore, the system really doesn't serve any purpose. For example I routinely do top dmg, top heals, but don't get any MVP while other random people do. It makes no sense. MVP awards should be automatic, based on the stats during the match. That would make it fair, and honorable because right now it's just a mess.

Anyone else agree?

The medals are the automatic MVP system.

No, don't agree at all.

No point getting your feelings hurt if you don't get voted and making rage post in forums.. It's working perfectly fine for rest of us. I vote for people who impressed me in the match. If the team sucked I won't vote though. Working as intended.

And the gains are so small that people who just vote their friends don't gain so much from it that it's an actual problem.

1. Leadership - that means chat. Planning, strategy, maturity.

2. Objective

3. Healing

4. Damage

You can be a total beast at healing and damage, but if some other guy is giving great callouts and helping organize us to win, I'm voting for him over you.

One healing operative got 5 mvps because he was healing quite well when we really needed it. He was quite happy as I saw him typing in general after the match that he didnt believe he could get 5 mvps. It made him happy and I think he earned his mvps and I think this system is reasonable.

What I dont see as reasonable is this thread where someone has butthurt over people not giving him mvp and because of that he wants it to be removed completely. MvP is a way of saying thanks, if someone doesnt want to thank you or havent noticed you, it doesnt mean that you can go to that guy and yell at him "hey, look at me, I was doing my best and you ignored me, thank me, now!".

Edited by Vesperr

I agree. The MVP system seems to just be a way to vote for your guild mates and friends, so bottom line, the system isn't doing justice.

A side point, I recall a match of hut ball where our team won and the score was 5 to 2. I scored three points for our team and only got 400 objective points. So how can that objective scoring system be right? If I've scored more than half the team's points, how can I have less objective points than the other players, much less get votes for the MVP?

I don't see what the problem is... the reward for getting MVP isn't huge

It's just a pat on the back, showing someone that their team appreciates their work

Premades exploiting it and giving one player 3 extra commendations isn't an issue... just make a mental note to yourself that that person really isn't MVP

2. Objective

3. Healing

4. Damage

You can be a total beast at healing and damage, but if some other guy is giving great callouts and helping organize us to win, I'm voting for him over you.

This.

Anyone else agree?

Perhaps in objective based pvp people don't judge the most useful player by who damaged the most people?

You actually get more valor/xp for more votes of MVP.

I am around lvl 48 atm and if I get the most medals my xp/valor/credits(not so sure about credits cant remember) goes up by at least 1/3rd or so.

It pays to have friends giving you MVP.

2. Objective

3. Healing

4. Damage

Yep. Top healing & damage is just horsepower, you still need to know how to drive to win. I waste all kinds of time in stealth ninja'ing CP's/planting bombs that I could be spending in my DPS cycle, but capping CPs/planting bombs helps more for the overall win.