Kreia Was NOT Her Jedi Name.

Lightstrake

Hi everyone.

I just wanted to have a small debate regarding Kreia, [i.e. Darth Traya the Betrayer,] from KotOR II.

I using play as a Male, considering as I am one but because I find Brianna, the Handmaiden, beautiful ^_^ and cannot live without her combat skills and her strength for

Battle of Dxun, the Freedon Nadd tomb

but anyway.

Brianna bears the face of her mother and she is Force Sensitive. Her mother was Jedi Master Arren Kae, known as the first master of Jedi Master/Dark Lord Revan of KotOR, but she died during the final battle of Malachor V. Kreia knew much of her life as well telling the Exile that [Kreia] was the first and final Jedi Master of Revan. We see tons and tons of hints of this during the game. We also see clues on the female side by Mical. [Handmaiden = Male Side Companion, Mical = Female Side Companion]

At the end of the game on the rebuilt Jedi Enclave [LIGHT-SIDE]

Jedi Master Kavan spoke when Kreia broke up the argument between the Exile and the Jedi Council, "You died on the Mandalorian Wars!"

They blamed Kreia for Revan's fall. They blamed THE FIRST TEACHER for Revan's fall to the dark side but wait...

Wasn't Arren Kae the first teacher of Revan? There is no canon source to prove this, but the game hints this strongly.

Can't wait to hear your responses!

P.S. I have a lot more information behind this, this was just basic suspicious information between Arren Kae and Kreia.

Wasn't Arren Kae the first teacher of Revan? There is no canon source to prove this, but the game hints this strongly.

Actually Mical says Arren Kae was Revans first teacher. So there is canon proof.

However the problem is that

1. Mical is going off of damaged Jedi history records, he doesn't know first hand, all his information is second/third hand.

2. Kreia is liar, she may never have trained Revan at all. Let alone been his first teacher.

So while it is possible. Kreia may have taken Arren Kae's history and used it for herself to throw the Jedi Exile off her real history or Mical may have been wrong because the history information he found was too corrupted and inaccurate.

Actually Mical says Arren Kae was Revans first teacher. So there is canon proof.

1. Mical is going off of damaged Jedi history records, he doesn't know first hand, all his information is second/third hand.

2. Kreia is liar, she may never have trained Revan at all. Let alone been his first teacher.

So while it is possible. Kreia may have taken Arren Kae's history and used it for herself to throw the Jedi Exile off her real history or Mical may have been wrong because the history information he found was too corrupted and inaccurate.

That makes a lot of sense. But I still believe she could Arren Kae. It hints it so strongly and she knows so much. Even as a historian.

I think it's possible, like I said I never played a female Exile so I wouldn't know about Mical.

I remember a long time ago the head of Obsidian's KotOR 2 team commented on someone who brought this up on their forums and simply stated something like - "Good catch, but I can't comment any more on that".

It was definitely intended, I'd say, just never meant to be explicitly stated. From what I've heard though, there is already some mention of Kreia in TOR

Something about her being "the Emperor's One True Love" or something like that? Don't know how true that is, but what many believe to be Kreia's spirit is already shown in the SW storyline, trapped by Baras. The Emperor has the ability to literally strip the Force from planets...something Kreia would have admired. Maybe she knew more about him then she let on?

Here's to hoping the former is true, and that Bioware intends to delve deeper into her character.

Edited by JediArchives

As sound as this answer is, KOTOR games are notorious for dropping obvious hints. Everything you do in the game is hinted at pretty strongly. I don't think Obsidian or BioWare was plotting an evil scheme to trick us about SW history.

The fact Revan is a guy and the Jedi Exile is girl has been canon for 3+ years now ... it's not exactly a sudden change.

Cannon or not, KOTOR 2 refers to Revan as a girl the entire game. So it's a lot harder to accept the changes

Edited by Gantoris_Aym

As sound as this answer is, KOTOR games are notorious for dropping obvious hints. Everything you do in the game is hinted at pretty strongly. I don't think Obsidian or BioWare was plotting an evil scheme to trick us about SW history.

Cannon or not, KOTOR 2 refers to Revan as a girl the entire game. So it's a lot harder to accept the changes

Only if you chose not to say "What are you talking about, Revan was a man you idiot" to Atton.

The fact Revan is a guy and the Jedi Exile is girl has been canon for 3+ years now ... it's not exactly a sudden change.

I still think of Revan as female because I played as female. To say something is a certain way doesn't override my own memory of it, especially since I replayed KOTOR several times.

Does anyone else find it a bit weird when Revan is referred to as a guy because they played her as a girl?

Not really. There are a lot of legends about Revan. The Jedi didn't have a lot of official documentation about Revan in the first place because of his controversial life, and after the destruction of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant and the scattering of the order lost most of what they did have.

Most recent recovered historical records consider him to have been male, now, but for a while there it was very difficult to find solid information on him and his life at all.

Edited by TheTurniipKing

Most recent recovered historical records consider him to have been male, now, but for a while there it was very difficult to find solid information on him and his life at all.

How about

Revan himself from the novel and SWTOR? ;)

But yeah, when a character from a game that you choose what to be like, is then revealed as X and Y as canon, is weird when it's not close to your own.

If for example BioWare changed their minds and made FemShep the canon Shepard, it would turn my (Mass Effect :p) world upside down!

Edited by GhostRiderLSOV

If for example BioWare changed their minds and made FemShep the canon Shepard, it would turn my (Mass Effect :p) world upside down!

Lol I can just hear the retcon now... "FemShep was in a man-suit to protect her identity from <insert absurd threat here> which is why you see her as a man in the trailers/art/etc."

Does anyone else find it a bit weird when Revan is referred to as a guy because they played her as a girl?

Thats because the offical canon is that Revan was a male human and the Exile, now known as Meetra Surik is a human female.

I wonder... I don't think Revan is the final novel in the Old Republic series.

It might just be for Kreia. Think about it, she was the influence of KotOR II. She knew about the True Sith, everything that was made a cliffhanger for this very game.

Perhaps Drew will read this post and perhaps make a Kreia novel, I would buy it in a split second.

I wonder... I don't think Revan is the final novel in the Old Republic series.

It might just be for Kreia. Think about it, she was the influence of KotOR II. She knew about the True Sith, everything that was made a cliffhanger for this very game.

Perhaps Drew will read this post and perhaps make a Kreia novel, I would buy it in a split second.

Either Chris Writes it or not at all.

Chris Wrote the character and it would only make sense if he wrote it.

If Drew Wrote it he would pass her off as a cliche villain and strip her of all her qualities.

Either Chris Writes it or not at all.

Chris Wrote the character and it would only make sense if he wrote it.

If Drew Wrote it he would pass her off as a cliche villain and strip her of all her qualities.

Probably, but Revan's novel was terrific. I'm not sure if Drew worked on KotOR, but I think he can write a decent book on Kreia. You make a good point though, Chris made KotOR II amazing and practically created foundations for this game.