The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

BW isn't getting the praise they deserve.

XJones

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP: Reality check #1 #2 #3

If you want to be recognized for "raising the bar," I suggest you first meet it.

And no, I'm not mad @BioWare ; just a bit sad I was right not to expect much better than what we have at launch.

Edited by Deewe

You fail this hard elsewhere? It is not the just the general discussion forum now is it?

Fail? Lol. yeah right. Let's just see what you said:

You stated that "They have already stated that devs do not pay attention to the topics brought up in the general forum."

You've yet to produce a source for your claims. Other than just make a general remark that mods say that. In other words, it sounds like you're just pulling quotes out of the air. Especially when there is evidence that proves otherwise:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1955322#edit1955322

See that link? GZ responded in that post. And it was in the GENERAL DISCUSSION section of the forums.

Edited by Tarka

You can't put out a game to compete with WoW and have it be inferior to WoW in nearly every facet save story. I mean it's just common sense.

This is your opinion. I actually did not like WOW at all. I didnt like the gameplay. I didnt like the art style. I didnt like the requirement for 3rd party addons. I despised that is was ridiculously easy. I didnt like pretty much everything about WOW.

That being said, I love almost everything about SWTOR.

Edited by xNonphixionx

For what does Bioware deserve Praise/Credit?

I think Launch was chaotic but very smooth, that probably deserves credit.

However, I'm having far more issues with the game with every patch that overshadows that one thing.

-UI almost completely unresponsive most of the time - I have 3 out of 10 chance of a command being processed/recognised since 1.1 (before 7 out of 10 chance), and the client recognises the input and the UI reacts (ie. CD's trigger, hotbar updates etc. except it doesn't actually do the command - like firing a dud command).

-I've had tickets opened repeatedly to fix Non-Technical account issues for over a month (even talked to Support over the Phone - they couldn't fix it at the time and referred me to open a ticket via the Game or the Website) to get BILLING & CONTACT info corrected because the glitches with the Website messed them up - I get tickets closed with an automated response.

-I've seen the SWTOR client trash my registry which required a Windows restoration/repair install to fix.

Basically all the garbage they done has more than destroyed the benefit of what they did right. The conduct of Customer Service has largely added insult on top of it.

Furthermore, most of SWTOR is just Cut & Paste from other games so there is no reason to give BIOWARE praise for someone's else innovation and work.

You want to kiss their butts go right ahead but don't expect me to.

Edited by SysOpPsyche

Any product that launches in todays market, must compete with the other products in that same market in the state that they are in TODAY. Not 7 years ago.

One cannot just attempt to excuse every single issue that a product may have by pointing fingers at the state of the competition 7 years ago. That's just ridiculous.

Do Ford try to excuse flaws with every new product they launch, by pointing fingers at the state of old launches of cars made by GM? No.

As a release this game is one of the best for MMO range for flaws. Most games you probably would still be troubled to get onto servers now if they released a month ago. Not excusing flaws but they do seem to have most under control for such a large game. As for a game that came out 7 years ago. WOW itself took just under 2 years to become classed as a good game.

As a general rule for MMO of that Era it wasnt until the 1st addon came out that they became worthy of play. FFXI WOW and so on all the same thing

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=192505

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=207583

Thread capped and the followup, filled to the brim with people who are literally unable to play the game. The only response we've received is a series of generic "fixes" that have not solved the issue for anyone.

I have been unable to patch the game normally for 3 weeks and their lack of a fix to this issue has been a slap in the face. Is it okay if I have an unfavorable opinion, or am I still just a troll?

Then they shouldn't be charging the same price ($15/month) that they charge for WoW if this game doesn't compare (which it obviously falls so short on)However, I would much rather troll the SWTOR forum than actually play WoW.

Further correction no charge!

Edited by trublmaker

Fail? Lol. yeah right. Let's just see what you said:

You stated that "They have already stated that devs do not pay attention to the topics brought up in the general forum."

You've yet to produce a source for your claims. Other than just make a general remakr that mods say that. In other words, you're obviously just pulling quotes out of the air.

Especially when there is evidence that proves otherwise:

I linked you to the suggestion forum. I could link you to the other CS forums etc if you would like.

And I never said a dev will not reply to any thread. They do not read the general cesspool and have stated it is not the way to get an issue addressed. It is just that, a cesspool.

fixed that for you.

This is your opinion..

Um... of course it's my opinion!? It should go without saying that any critique anybody ever has on here is their opinion. Thankfully most people don't think like you do and that's why people around here don't redundantly say "in my opinion" with every post...

Edited by Taurusaud

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=192505

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=207583

Thread capped and the followup, filled to the brim with people who are literally unable to play the game. The only response we've received is a series of generic "fixes" that have not solved the issue for anyone.

I have been unable to patch the game normally for 3 weeks and their lack of a fix to this issue has been a slap in the face. Is it okay if I have an unfavorable opinion, or am I still just a troll?

Mate , to these fan boys , if you dont think this game is the epic of the epic , you are a troll.

There nothing about logic or rational thinking involved , they see what they want to see.

It seems BW is at least a little capable to pass over these people eyes and actually make some progress into fixing this game , even if only a little bit a time.

As a release this game is one of the best for MMO range for flaws. Most games you probably would still be troubled to get onto servers now if they released a month ago. Not excusing flaws but they do seem to have most under control for such a large game. As for a game that came out 7 years ago. WOW itself took just under 2 years to become classed as a good game.

As a general rule for MMO of that Era it wasnt until the 1st addon came out that they became worthy of play. FFXI WOW and so on all the same thing

Again, you are looking at past history and attempting to wash over issues with SWTOR by focusing on a product that launched 7 years ago and the issues it had back then.

Today is a much different market. Standards have changed. And so have expectations. Products and companies must adapt if they are to survive. That is the nature of "survival of the fittest".

Comparisons between this and the CURRENT state of other products in the same market ARE inevitable and natural. You cannot hope to try to change that.

Edited by Tarka

This is your opinion. I actually did not like WOW at all. I didnt like the gameplay. I didnt like the art style. I didnt like the requirement for 3rd party addons. I despised that is was ridiculously easy. I didnt like pretty much everything about WOW.

That being said, I love almost everything about SWTOR.

You see, that literally doesn't make ANY sense. They are the exact same game, only SWTOR has about a million more bugs and a linear hallway-based world. Oh but it has voice acting.

There was no requirement for 3rd party addons LOL, *** are you talking about? Posts like these, NO ONE will take seriously because it's obvious you're just a blind fanboy.

The reason they don't get enough praise is well... you know the saying "one rotten apple spoils the bunch"? That is kind of how this is with this game.

The game itself is amazing. There are a few bugs that are annoying but people won't mind... but those game breaking ones are serious issues that need sorted! And the fact that people after only a months release could of exploited infiniate caps, duplicate any items and now the whole Valor thing... with the worst being 7 days suspension? That really sucks big time.

There is no doubt the game was rushed for Christmas for £$£$£$£. If you can't see this you are definately a fanboy, or just can't see it. The game definately needed more TLC.

I linked you to the suggestion forum. I could link you to the other CS forums etc if you would like.

And I never said a dev will not reply to any thread. They do not read the general cesspool and have stated it is not the way to get an issue addressed. It is just that, a cesspool.

As I showed you in that link I provided, you are most definately wrong.

Seriously, go read the post I linked you. See which section of the forums it's in and WHO responded.

Here it is again for you:

Yes there are other sections on the forums. But that is irrelevant to your claim that "they do not read the general cesspool". Which, as I showed, is false.

Edited by Tarka

This game is ok its nothing special, I came here with no expectations on what to expect other than a Star Wars theme. It was a last minute purchase, the only lasting impression I have so far is it is a great story driven game for a solo player. PvP is average and its PvCC half of the time, Huttball is terrible and I cannot wait to be able to choose which Warzone I enter, thank goodness I went the Republic side I never want to see Huttball ever again and exit it as soon as I enter it (I know some love it but its really not for me)

The other Warzones are great and I find the style of game to be enjoyable, just not the mass of stuns you often encounter. All in all Bioware did not really make anything remarkable and thus do not deserve a lot of praise. Take ideas from other MMOs that exist and improve on it, do not take backwards steps. There is a reason that some games do well and others do not. Look at what keeps players playing and improve on it.

To the OP: Are you serious?

I'll play for a while and maybe it will get better but what Bioware has done is not praiseworthy. They created an inferior WoW clone.

BTW I don't care about Voice overs and a lame class stories, Spacebar is great though.