BW isn't getting the praise they deserve.

XJones

Right...leave out the low level people that are angry, the mid-level people that are angry, the people angry over the lack of MMO aspects meant to bring a community together, the people angry over bugs, those angry over continual crashing, those angry over lack of open world content, those that hate space combat, those that think the game is too easy, lacking in ______, bad UI, no mods, RPers pissed over being left out, those angry over lack of customer support, no real communication from Bioware, the forum trolls and even apparently people who have no reaon to complain other than to complain about people with actual complaints...and yeah...its just that one small group you mentioned.

I haven't heard many low level or midlevel people complaining. Cite?

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this game deserves a tremendous amount of praise. but bioware cannot use praise to make their game better. they need to know the flaws.

if you keep sucking up to bioware for everything they do well we will not have enough time to play or point out what is wrong.

You can't put out a game to compete with WoW and have it be inferior to WoW in nearly every facet save story. I mean it's just common sense.

Yes because we all desire to be pandas so we can become legends of ausomeness. Game informer described WoW in an article as a bunch of 36 year old men who like to accesorize. I found that pretty funny.

this game deserves a tremendous amount of praise. but bioware cannot use praise to make their game better. they need to know the flaws.

if you keep sucking up to bioware for everything they do well we will not have enough time to play or point out what is wrong.

We aren't sucking up to Bioware, we are attempting to provide a little balance to the negative representations of the game.

Posting unbalanced, unalloyed, and often unfair criticism here in public view presents to anyone downloading the patched version of the game negative views of the product that could bias new players' views when they get in the game. Example: Many of the negative posts assert that the game is just a reskinned WoW, when the fact is that they merely play it as if it were WoW, and then turn around and complain that it doesn't measure up to WoW when played as if it were. The fact is if you let go of your habitual WoW playstyle and play it as SWTOR it plays quite well, and is far superior to WoW.

It is their inability to adapt to a new game that is the primary source of their discontent, yet they persist in infecting new players with their view that it should be played as if it were something it isn't. It isn't a combat simulation, it is more like literature. It has the basic mechanics of all MMOs but is something more than that.

It has an aesthetic apparently lost on minmaxers only interested in what they conceive as winning, and functional illiterates who cannot begin to appreciate it, yet their views are represented as if theirs were the only ones that should matter.

I say No! There is more of value here than you people appear willing to admit.

If reviewers visit trying to get a sample of how players are receiving the game they would see only horribly unbalanced perceptions. If you are really only concerned with letting Bioware know what is wrong why would you post it here where all can see? Why wouldnt you instead simply keep it between you and Bioware in emails to support@swtor.com?

Someone needs to be advising those sampling our views here that many of us players are very much enjoying the game, because we are very much enjoying the game.

Given all the WoW fanbois posts and clearly antagonistic trolls by those who perhaps are primarily here to try and herd people back to Warcraft and back to the dying guilds there, one would think that the points you guys are making have been adequately made already. There is nothing new for you to whine about. Your points appear to all have been made.

Maybe it isn't so much about providing a critical service to Bioware as you pretend, and more about just being yet another vicious piranha cynically ripping into the flesh of this newly born game.

Yes they need feedback, but feedback is not all negative. If deserved, and I and others feel it is, feedback can also be positive. They need to know what presents problems to some players, but they also should have assurance by many others that their efforts and their product are more than appreciated by the player community, probably by most of those too busy playing to post on the forums.

Edited by Gleneagle

You can't put out a game to compete with WoW and have it be inferior to WoW in nearly every facet save story. I mean it's just common sense.

Having played both, I faaaaaaaaar prefer SWTOR over WOW. Yes, there's a few bugs, and more content will eventually have to follow...but WOW was definitley WORSE when it started out. Given that the devs are listening to players, and given that MMOs always take a few months to "settle in", saying WOW is better is ludacris.

What I think is interesting is that hordes of 13 year old WOW players come here to bash the game based on totally overblown reasons. They're probably just sad to see a lot of their guildies leave and wanna express their nerd rage.

In short: Thanks BW, enjoying the game so far :)

Having played both, I faaaaaaaaar prefer SWTOR over WOW. Yes, there's a few bugs, and more content will eventually have to follow...but WOW was definitley WORSE when it started out. Given that the devs are listening to players, and given that MMOs always take a few months to "settle in", saying WOW is better is ludacris.

What I think is interesting is that hordes of 13 year old WOW players come here to bash the game based on totally overblown reasons. They're probably just sad to see a lot of their guildies leave and wanna express their nerd rage.

In short: Thanks BW, enjoying the game so far :)

This isn't 7 years ago. You don't get years to build a subscription base anymore. You have months to make the right impression or the game dies. Comparing it to release WoW is borderline retarded. This isn't 2004. This is 2012. It was released in 2011, that's 7 years of mistakes and wins to have learned from. More than that if you include WoW's predecessors. Welcome to the new era of MMO gaming.

We aren't sucking up to Bioware, we are attempting to provide a little balance to the negative representations of the game.

Posting unbalanced, unalloyed, and often unfair criticism here in public view presents to anyone downloading the patched version of the game negative views of the product that could bias new players' views when they get in the game. If reviewers visit trying to get a sample of how players are receiving the game they would see only horribly unbalanced perceptions. If you are really only concerned with letting Bioware know what is wrong why would you post it here where all can see? Why wouldnt you instead simply keep it between you and Bioware in emails to support@swtor.com?

Someone needs to be advising those sampling our views here that many of us players are very much enjoying the game, because we are very much enjoying the game.

Given all the WoW fanbois posts and clearly antagonistic trolls by those who perhaps are primarily here to try and herd people back to Warcraft and back to the dying guilds there, one would think that the points you guys are making have been adequately made already. There is nothing new for you to whine about. Your points appear to all have been made.

Maybe it isn't so much about providing a critical service to Bioware as you pretend, and more about just being yet another vicious piranha cynically ripping into the flesh of this newly born game.

Yes they need feedback, but feedback is not all negative. If deserved, and I and others feel it is, feedback can also be positive. They need to know what presents problems to some players, but they also should have assurance by many others that their efforts and their product are more than appreciated by the player community, probably by most of those too busy playing to post on the forums.

See I lost any respect for your post when you made the leap that people who are complaining have to be WoW fanbois trying to herd people back to WoW, most likely because you read that in someone else's post. I'm NOT enjoying Star Wars and I'm NOT playing WoW. So eat it. I hadn't played anything for a year before Star Wars came out, I sincerely had hoped it'd be the new game for me. Instead, it let me down. That's that.

I've been sticking around for even this long because I'm giving them more time than they deserve to fix the turd they released with incomplete content, broken features and blatantly omitted features. Just watch that 'Future of TOR' video. So many things that should have been there at release. It's clear to anyone who isn't an imbecile that the game was pushed out the door before ready.

Edited by Rinkitink

I like how just because we disagree with you, it makes us a troll/complainer. Maybe you're just an overly optimistic fan boy.

No, he is right, people like you do the same in every game forum, starting with wow, you cry and whine to get something you want otherwise you cry louder, stomp your feet and start shouting tha tthis game is a crappy clone of wow, that is the worst game ever and other idiotic hyperboles. Just go check wow forum and you will find teh EXACT types of complains (literally)

maybe because that's where yo ucoem from

it¡'s also true that wow (and rift) are getting emptier and emptier and many guilds are disoolving because people leave for TOR, so it's understanfable that the diehards come over here trying to paint TOR as a dying game though it's the opposite. They did it with Rift, when wow bloggers started a crusade agains anything 'rift'

PS

this isn't an attack to you as I really have no idea what you whine about, it's a general stab at all the whiny trolls and wow fanbois

bye

This isn't 7 years ago. You don't get years to build a subscription base anymore. You have months to make the right impression or the game dies. Comparing it to release WoW is borderline retarded. This isn't 2004. This is 2012. It was released in 2011, that's 7 years of mistakes and wins to have learned from. More than that if you include WoW's predecessors. Welcome to the new era of MMO gaming.

Whether the game gets subscriptions or not is a question that will answer itself soon enough.

Your current problem is in recognizing that SWTOR isn't WoW and playing it as if it were demonstrably doesn't work well. Pretending it is WoW is clearly faulty play, and if you are not enjoying the game it is because you need to re-evaluate your preconceptions, since they have betrayed you.

If you are not enjoying this game where so many others are, then you are doing something wrong. Whether that 'something wrong' is trying to play SWTOR as if it were another game, or that 'something wrong' is that you persist in subscribing to a game you are unwilling to learn remains a question.

But it is evident that any presumption that SWTOR is a WoW clone has been disproven by your own unsatisfactory experience at playing it as if it were.

A chessboard looks alot like a checkerboard. That does not make chess a checker-clone.

Thank god millions of people are a bit smarter...

I was right in my post, wow fanboi and probably 14 years old

Please, let me talk to your parents, I have some 'educational suggestions' for them

See I lost any respect for your post when you made the leap that people who are complaining have to be WoW fanbois trying to herd people back to WoW, most likely because you read that in someone else's post. I'm NOT enjoying Star Wars and I'm NOT playing WoW. So eat it. I hadn't played anything for a year before Star Wars came out, I sincerely had hoped it'd be the new game for me. Instead, it let me down. That's that.

I've been sticking around for even this long because I'm giving them more time than they deserve to fix the turd they released with incomplete content, broken features and blatantly omitted features. Just watch that 'Future of TOR' video. So many things that should have been there at release. It's clear to anyone who isn't an imbecile that the game was pushed out the door before ready.

Lies, you are some game fanboi desperate to save his game. It is obvious reading the amount of bull you make up about TOR. mixed with insult. Either that or you have some neurovegetative disorder....

Don't bother arguing with these people, they just hate the fact that their precious little Star Wars game is going downhill and they will even try comparing it to WoW even though that game had tens of millions of subscribers throughout it's lifetime and anyone not blind knows this game will never come close to half of that.

awwww pooor little baby is angry...

im sorry you spent sixty bucks and you cant go into an arena and own people

im sorry that you are so bitter, that you cant even fathom that some other people actually are having a blast

im sorry that you got a stick so far up your butt, that you forget what gaming is about..

but most of all, im sorry i read this waste of forum space that is your post

Please go back to WoW all trolls. We know you are pissed because your WoW servers are empty.

Try to get up out of your mother's basement and go outside instead.

Sooner or later you will realize that all your in game achievements are worth nothing, no matter what game you are playing, and you are in no way special or unique. No one cares what you think about games or anything else.

Please leave these forums and let us enjoy a game that we like.

Lies, you are some game fanboi desperate to save his game. It is obvious reading the amount of bull you make up about TOR. mixed with insult. Either that or you have some neurovegetative disorder....

angry little kid, if you dislike the game, then leave

we are having fun DEAL WITH IT

awwww pooor little baby is angry...

im sorry you spent sixty bucks and you cant go into an arena and own people

im sorry that you are so bitter, that you cant even fathom that some other people actually are having a blast

im sorry that you got a stick so far up your butt, that you forget what gaming is about..

but most of all, im sorry i read this waste of forum space that is your post

ahahahhah the wow trolls/fanbois are really desperate, I figure them crying in their basement calling their ex guild mates, trying to coherce them into going back to that sinking ship

all the while spewing doom and gloom predictions that get shattered every day

must hurt

Please go back to WoW all trolls. We know you are pissed because your WoW servers are empty.

Try to get up out of your mother's basement and go outside instead.

Sooner or later you will realize that all your in game achievements are worth nothing, no matter what game you are playing, and you are in no way special or unique. No one cares what you think about games or anything else.

Please leave these forums and let us enjoy a game that we like.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3269549067

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2986509135

they have nowhere to go, that game is mostly dead, what LFD didn't kill, Rift and TOR (and I suppose pandaland) finished

Thats your opinion, I find WoW inferior in every way.

Repeated mechanics, awful story, laughable graphics, console lobby systems. All in all I find WoW laughable. Its meh!

But this is my opinion, just like you have yours. Opinions are just that, an opinion!

Edited by DigitalPrime

2nd post destroys the OP. All that wall of text for nothing, huh OP?

You don't copy a games design like WoW in every single way and then HALF *** all those features. If you are going to steal other peoples ideas, at least do them right.

Every single feature in this game is half finished hype stuff meant to just sell as many boxes as possible and hold up the charade long enough to have a successful cash grab. Why do you think they are touting those sales numbers so much? Because they are happy. They got what they wanted, and now it would be in their best interest to let the game just die.

NOTHING significant has been added to the game since the end of Beta. Thats almost 3 months. Not a good sign. I think we can all see how Bioware is going to handle this game...

Thats your opinion, I find WoW inferior in every way.

Repeated mechanics, awful story, laughable graphics, console lobby systems. All in all I find WoW laughable. Its meh!

But this is my opinion, just like you have yours. Opinions are just that, an opinion!

Not even CLOSE to an opinion. Maybe you should grab a dictionary? Just sayin'.

First I'd like to say that the forums are overrun with angry end content rushing pvp gankers who don't feel all powerful so they complain until they are.

/threadover

You are just as bad as the people you claim overrun these forums. Over generalized personal attacks invalidate everything you have to say.

People rather see what's wrong with a game, than what's right with a game. Contrary to what I see mentioned a lot on this forums, I think this game is not just another copy of WoW. I think it's a game with very much Bioware on it.

Sure there are resemblances, but also big differences. If you insist to play it the same way as WoW, you will be so dissapointed. Yes, I mean if you spacebar game, this game loses its whole meaning.

And sure there is room for improvement, but why improvement has to be "please copy all the features of WoW"? Improvement could also be more chapters to stories in this game, the legacy system, more orange armor, more crafting recipes, more planets.

I do think though that Bioware delivered a more than decent product and did a great launch (no servers crashing, queues were gone in a week, no real gamebreaking bugs, they fixed some annoyances very soon, and really almost every quest is animated and with voice over).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.