The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

BW isn't getting the praise they deserve.

XJones

First I'd like to say that the forums are overrun with angry end content rushing pvp gankers who don't feel all powerful so they complain until they are.

With that out of the way I'd like to thank BW for all their hard work and dedication to listening to the community and doing a great job at fixing anything that may have been wrong and working on those things that are still wrong.

Bugs were inevitable with any game as MASSIVE and MULTIPLAYER and ONLINE as this one. The devs are listening to our comments, the problems WILL get fixed. I keep seeing people threatening to cancel their subs because they can't win at pvp. Oh boo hoo I guess you shouldn't have rushed through every quest on a single character just so you could try and claim "FIRST!" on an mmo with no way to record that info (achievements). You are doing a valuable service by being the ones 'playtesting' on a massive scale the endgame pvp arenas. Thanks for that, when you are long gone back to playing those other mmos that you complain too I'll make sure to play my pvp quite bug free.

I have yet to experience any game-defeating unplayable bugs in the pve section of the game. I once got stuck on the BH bounty for a Jedi because he didn't spawn on the bridge of the ship. I reloaded and it worked fine. /solved

The graphics are great. I do see quite a few texture seams on scenery, as a cg artist I know how hard it is to hide those sometimes. The game runs perfectly with my GTX280 and 6gb of ram. Nothing too impressive but they do the job.

I've seen alot of evidence from people saying that the devs favor the empire side and I have two things to say about that.

1. As stated before, people WILL choose sith over jedi more often because black is a much better color than brown. Because facial scars that make you look like a bad-as.s is much more appealing to most people than being a prettyboy. It's a GAME people want to be bad since they can't be like that in real life. They're living out a fantasy in the game as they are supposed to.

2. Maybe the devs prefer the empire side because they thought that when the game launched most people would be playing Jedi which would be a huge imbalance. Or maybe it's part of their storyline to make the Sith (Who JUST sacked Coruscant) a more powerful and desirable side and then eventually the Republic would do the same. Nuke DK. (Pearl Harbor hint hint)

The people on the threads are mostly complaining about pvp. I don't see much in the way of "I'm going to cancel my sub if you don't fix the droid on Hammer Station from bugging out so I can't kill him" Usually the complaints about pve are said, and then they wait for the fix. They do something else.

For many people this game doesn't start until lvl 50. That's sad, enjoy your time. Go do open world pvp on Tatooine and Hoth. That doesn't seem to have too many bugs and you get to gank all the little nubs.

Once again, Bioware. You have been great and I expect good things from you. PLEASE don't let me down.

P.S. I do realize that everything I said here won't stop the trolls/complainers. EVER.

/walloftext

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BW isn't getting the praise they deserve because they don't deserve it. This game was hyped up to be the next big mmo , and it fell short imo. There are certain expectations that gamers look for in a new product , especially from a well known company.

You mean it's not perfect? No surprise there. At least it shouldn't be a surprise for anyone who can figure out how to think.

You do realize the game is less than 2 months old right? Other mmorpgs stayed in development longer and were terrible during launch.

Edited by Notannos
content quote

BW isn't getting the praise they deserve because they don't deserve it. This game was hyped up to be the next big mmo , and it fell short imo. There are certain expectations that gamers look for in a new product , especially from a well known company.

Don't bother arguing with these people, they just hate the fact that their precious little Star Wars game is going downhill and they will even try comparing it to WoW even though that game had tens of millions of subscribers throughout it's lifetime and anyone not blind knows this game will never come close to half of that.

Edited by Taurusaud

Don't bother arguing with these people, they just hate the fact that their precious little Star Wars game is going downhill and they will even try comparing it to WoW even though that game had tens of millions of subscribers throughout it's lifetime and anyone not blind knows this game will never come close to half of that.

Seriously though, stop trolling.

This game is less than a month old. Give it 10 years and 4 expansion, hell 1/3 of that at least. Don't call it the worst game ever that you won't ever come back to within the first 6 months. It's just unintelligent to do so. Great things come to those who wait, those who take the hard path are often rewarded with greater treasure, with great power comes great responsability. Remember that Pete, remember that. Whoah, sorry... got all weird there.

They aren't getting the praise because the game didn't reach the bar the people expected and that THEY set themselves. It's a very good game but people expected amazing. So far it hasn't delivered and the game is getting the reviews to go with it.

You mean it's not perfect? No surprise there. At least it shouldn't be a surprise for anyone who can figure out how to think.

You do realize the game is less than 2 months old right? Other mmorpgs stayed in development longer and were terrible during launch.

No game is perfect. However a game releasing in this day and age should not be in the state Swtor is in, they should have looked at their competition, and added features, fixed bugs accordingly.

I never expected Swtor to have as much content , or even as much polish as WoW , but I did expect it to incorporate the basic features that are present in games even like rift.

I am not going to comment on "lets praise BW" but I have to ask....why are you here? Didn't your sub run out? Did you resub just to trash the game in the forums? That is really a strange thing to do. I have to question your motives being here.

BW definitely deserves some praise for making a great game. Trust me, I've seen much worse that stayed in a terrible bug/glitch/lack of endgame infested state for years after launch, i.e. WoW.

Yeah, but this is not then. We expect companies to learn from others past failures. It doesn't say much for an MMO development company not to know, in today's arena, that we, the players, expect certain things, i.e:

Why is there "no custom UI availability"?

Why do I have to enter the hotkeys for each Quickslot, each and EVERY time, I create a new character? Regardless of the class, main attacks, etc, are used with the same keybinds.

Why no "account storage" for passing items/credits between one's own characters?

Why give me a "preorder" bonus item (STAP) and then make it unuseable until I reach level 25 and have to buy a skill for it? Had this been indicated in the prepurchase advertisement, I would have saved $20.

Bioware hasn't earned any "praise" yet. Starwars is the best theme for an MMO. It will ALWAYS be unique. I don't want a Rift, Aion, WoW, Lineage#, or any other knockoff/clone. For all the hype this game was given, and the amount of investment put into it, I really did have higher expectations. But then, those expectations came from Bioware and their marketing hype.

Edited by Khyler

First I'd like to say that the forums are overrun with angry end content rushing pvp gankers who don't feel all powerful so they complain until they are.

A gross over exaggeration which severely questions the legitimacy of the rest of your post.

With that out of the way I'd like to thank BW for all their hard work and dedication to listening to the community and doing a great job at fixing anything that may have been wrong and working on those things that are still wrong.

Good for you. I would like to thank them for decent class stories. But not for glaring issues in other areas which should have been quite apparent before launch. As someone said earlier, MMO devs are supposed to learn from the past.

Bugs were inevitable with any game as MASSIVE and MULTIPLAYER and ONLINE as this one. The devs are listening to our comments, the problems WILL get fixed. I keep seeing people threatening to cancel their subs because they can't win at pvp. Oh boo hoo I guess you shouldn't have rushed through every quest on a single character just so you could try and claim "FIRST!" on an mmo with no way to record that info (achievements). You are doing a valuable service by being the ones 'playtesting' on a massive scale the endgame pvp arenas. Thanks for that, when you are long gone back to playing those other mmos that you complain too I'll make sure to play my pvp quite bug free.

There is a difference between hearing words and actually actioning upon them. Devs in plenty of MMO's hear the words of players, but often seldom actually listen to them.

Just saying that the problems WILL get fixed, is just blind optimism. Nothing more. Unless someone is actually a bioware dev, then they have absolutely NO idea IF or WHEN something will get fixed. That is, UNLESS Bioware actually acknowledge it and give people ETA's. But Bioware don't like to do that, because that means giving an accurate answer. Which is something Bioware don't like to do.

And no, people who are at 50 right now haven't actually rushed. That's just your own over exaggeration again.

I have yet to experience any game-defeating unplayable bugs in the pve section of the game. I once got stuck on the BH bounty for a Jedi because he didn't spawn on the bridge of the ship. I reloaded and it worked fine. /solved

Which just goes to show that different people have different limitations and expectations.

The graphics are great. I do see quite a few texture seams on scenery, as a cg artist I know how hard it is to hide those sometimes. The game runs perfectly with my GTX280 and 6gb of ram. Nothing too impressive but they do the job.

And your point being?

The people on the threads are mostly complaining about pvp. I don't see much in the way of "I'm going to cancel my sub if you don't fix the droid on Hammer Station from bugging out so I can't kill him" Usually the complaints about pve are said, and then they wait for the fix. They do something else.

If you think the complaints are mostly about pvp, then you're obviously only focusing on THOSE issues.

For many people this game doesn't start until lvl 50. That's sad, enjoy your time. Go do open world pvp on Tatooine and Hoth. That doesn't seem to have too many bugs and you get to gank all the little nubs.

Sad? No one is in ANY position to judge how someone should play a game. To pass judgement on how someone else plays this game would be VERY arrogant indeed.

Once again, Bioware. You have been great and I expect good things from you. PLEASE don't let me down.

P.S. I do realize that everything I said here won't stop the trolls/complainers. EVER.

/walloftext

So, everyone who complains is essentially a troll is that right? What does that make YOUR complaint?

Edited by Tarka

I am not going to comment on "lets praise BW" but I have to ask....why are you here? Didn't your sub run out? Did you resub just to trash the game in the forums? That is really a strange thing to do. I have to question your motives being here.

My sub hasn't run out yet. I came late. Unfortunately I didn't check the forums first...

Edited by Taurusaud

They aren't getting the praise because the game didn't reach the bar the people expected and that THEY set themselves. It's a very good game but people expected amazing. So far it hasn't delivered and the game is getting the reviews to go with it.

lolwut? They are only winning awards and getting high ratings from top video game critics. Go google something and research first?

You can't put out a game to compete with WoW and have it be inferior to WoW in nearly every facet save story. I mean it's just common sense.

You also cannot compare the modern day WOW to TOR because of the fact that Warcraft has had over 8 years of development time to fix bugs and add new content. Give TOR 8 years to develop and then compare it to WoW in its current form.

My sub hasn't run out yet. I came late. Unfortunately I didn't check the forums first...

So you thought you would just hang around here and trash every positive post? You dont like the game, then go do something you do like. But quit trolling here.

lolwut? They are only winning awards and getting high ratings from top video game critics. Go google something and research first?

The player base holds more merit than those "video game critics". An mmo could receive more awards than any other game by those critics , but unless the player base is willing to subscribe , and play the game it will do little good for it.

You also cannot compare the modern day WOW to TOR because of the fact that Warcraft has had over 8 years of development time to fix bugs and add new content. Give TOR 8 years to develop and then compare it to WoW in its current form.

Any product that launches in todays market, must compete with the other products in that same market in the state that they are in TODAY. Not 7 years ago.

One cannot just attempt to excuse every single issue that a product may have by pointing fingers at the state of the competition 7 years ago. That's just ridiculous.

Do Ford try to excuse flaws with every new product they launch, by pointing fingers at the state of old launches of cars made by GM? No.

Edited by Tarka

Any product that launches in todays market, must compete with the other products in that same market. One cannot just excuse every single issue that the product has by pointing fingers at the state of the competition 7 years ago. That's just ridiculous.

Do Ford try to excuse flaws with every new product by pointing at the old launches of cars made by GM? No.

Indeed it has to be competitive in today's market.

This is quite possibly the single most illogical, self-entitled, pointless troll thread I've ever seen.

First, the point of the forums is not to provide kudos back to Bioware for a good game. Like it alot? Buy a second copy. The point of the forums is provide constructive feedback and allow the devs to get a general feel of what is bothering the community to adjust it or explain why it doesn't need adjusting.

Second, your entire argument boils down to "it's not happening to me so it's not happening at all". You literally dismiss every single issue anyone has with the game as "not important" and then wonder why people get offended.

Third, your primary motiviation isn't to improve the game, or even to suggest how the game is good, but rather to imply that anyone who does not like any feature of the game is a troll and should be ignored.

Finally, and most insultingly, is this concept that since you aren't into PvP and can't figure out how to level that anyone who has hit 50 is "rushing". I've hit 50 on one and 40's on two more and I never touched the spacebar except when farming FP's. I didn't rush through anything and I spent time helping others along the way. How *dare* you tell anyone who plays the game BETTER than you that they are nothing more than "kiddies".

I want this person banned. They provide nothing to community except stirring up hate.