If BioWare get everyone in by tomorrow...

Derity

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

meh I am one of those people who pre ordered in the notorious "or so" week i.e last week of november, so IF I get in tomorrow I am expecting it to be the last wave of that day.

if not, I will know I am in the day after that, finally bioware does something good and gives us some actual feedback we can use

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=156470

So to all the white knights that were asking if the complainers would apologize when all the players get in tomorrow. Now that we know that all the people are not getting in tomorrow, are you still gloating? Who should apologize?

I said all along that the waves were pre-staged and that December would be getting in on Monday the 19th.

Thanks again;

I told you so!

So how do you think they're going to do 2 days (Wed/Thurs) in a row with approximately 2 months of players each, and then slow down and not let the last 3 weeks (last week of november and 2 weeks of december) in on Friday?

Worst case scenario... everyone is in by Friday, and you... my friend... would be wrong about the 19th... Thus your "I Told You So" would not be available.

I wonder how many of the ragers will bother to apologize for their obnoxious behavior if BW does get everyone in tomorrow.

None of them will. For example my company used to give everyone free bagels and donuts every Tuesday and Thursday. When the economy crashed they cut back to giving bagels and donuts for FREE just on Tuesdays.

The reaction to this was lots and lots of people complaining about how "cheap" management was.

Managements reason for cutting back, so they wouldn't have to lay people off.

Anyone who expects the complainers to apologize or admit they were wrong do not understand the mindset of entitled MMO players. No, we're going to see a dozen or so threads claiming if it wasn't for them this would've never happened.

No, I don't expect the worst of the complainers to apologize. Why? Because they are the White Knights. People would be having a conversation that had nothing to do with up-to-5-days or "first come, first served." All of a sudden, someone would come into the thread and post that we were all whining because we "didn't read the faq." Completely ignoring what the thread was really about.

Why don't I expect them to apologize? Because way too many people took the White Knights at their word that others were "whining." Now the White Knights look like heroes, rather than the clueless trolls that they are.

Were some people actually whining? Yes. But there were a lot fewer of them than there were White Knights.

meh I am one of those people who pre ordered in the notorious "or so" week i.e last week of november, so IF I get in tomorrow I am expecting it to be the last wave of that day.

if not, I will know I am in the day after that, finally bioware does something good and gives us some actual feedback we can use

I'm in the same boat. (Nov 28). If I get in, wonderful. If not, my fiancee has the day off and wants to go out.

There are 45 new servers?

No, it looks like the exact amount of servers that were up yesterday...

They had them up earlier in (Down/offline status), and they pulled them back off the list. They are probably still getting them ready, or removed them from the list, so people wouldn't see a bunch of down servers and think something is wrong. I saw a post (don't remember where) that said they were preparing them and would bring them online as needed tomorrow and in the future. The point is that... there was a bunch of them.

BW did right despite what whiners were saying 2 days ago. Here's why: The elitists and those that preordered in July who "deserved" ::cough:: to be in on day one got their one single day of elitism. Day two gave those who preordered in the gap, in the lonely times. Day three will bring everyone up to speed, will end the complaining about xp hacks and 5 days early access and everyone will stop saying this is the worse launch ever when it clearly was planned this way with great success.

I really hope so, i'd love to play in a few hours haha

Such as?

Limiting my list to U.S. servers, these are some servers I couldn't see myself making a character on. Again, this is a nitpick, and I'm still going to play the game. I simply don't think they classify a server very well.

Bondar Crystal

Davik's Estate

Hyperspace Cannon

Kinrath Spider

Rubat Crystal

Sith Wyrm

Space Slug

They had them up earlier in (Down/offline status), and they pulled them back off the list. They are probably still getting them ready, or removed them from the list, so people wouldn't see a bunch of down servers and think something is wrong. I saw a post (don't remember where) that said they were preparing them and would bring them online as needed tomorrow and in the future. The point is that... there was a bunch of them.

I counted 51 locked servers earlier. They brought them down again after several hours. They were just prepping them for tomorrow. I noticed they had 3 RP-PvP servers in that set and only 1 RP-PVE server which I thought was a bit strange.

Sir I fear you may actually have a screw loose. If I was you id avoid playing MMO's in general as they seem to mess with your recognition of reality.

lol whoever posted that long story must have taken a bunch of adderall (adhd meds) or smoked some rock

I must say I think BW have done a top job of getting EGA up but it would be awesome if they managed to get everyone in today. I only took the time to pre order on 11/27 and thats my own fault I was hopeing to be in game tonight but after SR updated the waves topic my hope is dwindling. Fingers crossed though... Id just hate to have to cancel this weekend away with the wife:p.

Who cares? The ragers will always find something to rage about.

The rest of us will play the game when we get the email, whenever that is.

Well said. They raged because it was UP TO 5 days. Then they raged because it was extended to 7 days. Then they raged because they didn't get in on the FIRST day. Ahhh, isn't emo/nerdRAGE funny? :D