UnNerf Op's or Nerf the Troops

Beta-Knight

Sorry bioware. No class deserves to get nerfed. PVP WZ's are really unbalanced now. Please undo the nerf or do us a favor and nerf the troopers. DPS and Tanking is getting ridiculous. In addition to their stuns. Please undo all the nerfing and everyone will be happy. If you nerf one class on one side, you can have to balance it on the other.

Sorry bioware. No class deserves to get nerfed. PVP WZ's are really unbalanced now. Please undo the nerf or do us a favor and nerf the troopers. DPS and Tanking is getting ridiculous. In addition to their stuns. Please undo all the nerfing and everyone will be happy. If you nerf one class on one side, you can have to balance it on the other.

the nerf patched didnt even go live yet......

If they figure out a way to nerf Troopers, good...because then maybe Gunnery spec will get more interesting or Assault will be more useful than just cap prevention...and hell, it'll probably mean CM tree will get some tweaks too.

Troopers only facestomp noobs.

Edit: Also since it's clear you don't get this -- Ops = Scoundrels.

Edited by Pulpp

You do not have the metrics to find out a class's generalized damage or healing output, so you are in no position to make this statement.

You mean just like OP does not have any metric to find out that nerf will be bad for them because they will be in line with other classes now therefore OP is in no position to make his statement?

sorry for what?

No class deserves to get nerfed? are you living in a dream world?

you say yourself pvp wz's are unbalanced than you claim no class needs nerf? so which statement is true?

operative/scoundrels hits 10k burst opener against tanks... and around 14k opener burst to light armor...

nerf is a must

Any and every class that can take someone from full health down to half health or even two thirds health in a single hit needs to be nerfed. People want to be able to fight, not have combat last two or three hits and be over - which is exactlty what was happening. Show me a trooper that can do that.

sorry for what?

No class deserves to get nerfed? are you living in a dream world?

you say yourself pvp wz's are unbalanced than you claim no class needs nerf? so which statement is true?

operative/scoundrels hits 10k burst opener against tanks... and around 14k opener burst to light armor...

nerf is a must

The saddest thing is that it is clear by what he says he thinks this is an empire-only nerf. If someone has no idea what they are talking about, they really shouldn't have the ability to start new threads.

The first forum software that figures out how to make that check will make millions :)

Edited by Pulpp

This is hilarious.. You obviously are one of the facerollers. Who picked the class that was overpowered in ways.

You're talking about how gimped you are now.. When the freaking patch hasn't even gone live..

LmAo.. This is a good example of how people roll Toons just for FoTM sakes..

The saddest thing is that it is clear by what he says he thinks this is an empire-only nerf. If someone has no idea what they are talking about, they really shouldn't have the ability to start new threads.

The first forum software that figures out how to make that check will make millions :)

Or, what is even more hilarious, he thinks that nerf is in place already. Poor thing won't accept that he simply suck.

sorry bioware. No class deserves to get nerfed. Pvp wz's are really unbalanced now. Please undo the nerf or do us a favor and nerf the troopers. Dps and tanking is getting ridiculous. In addition to their stuns. Please undo all the nerfing and everyone will be happy. If you nerf one class on one side, you can have to balance it on the other.

lolololololololol

I'M BEING TRACER/GRAV ROUNDED. What could I possibly do?

Break LoS

Interupt

Stun

Knockback

They have to stand still to do that, you know? Be less bad and use your interupt and then smile to yourself as they stand there dumbfounded for 4 seconds and then stun them and then interupt them again. If you listen closely after doing this, you'll hear their cries in the distance.

Edited by LordKivlov

Something posted by a random guy on gamefaqs. :)

AHAHAA

all the lowbies getting ganked QQing on the forums worked! nice job with the knee jerk reaction Bioware!

Your hidden strike stun has been nerfed in half, to a GCD 1.5 seconds, but it still fills resolve to FULL HAHA

50% armor penetration all the time nerfed to 30% all the time, nice job destroy the already subpar sustained PVE DPS

20% less damage on a burst attack, that wasnt even do much with the recent buff stacking nerf HAHA

Now all you operatives will be even more squishy mincemeat CANNON FODDER for us Troopers/Sages, who already top the damage done in warzones with 500-800k damage sustained,

before these nerfs you guys may have had comparable numbers IF you were skilled enough to stay alive before we 3 shot you with our grav rounds, but now...HAHA CANNON FODDER

AHAHA

Troopers/Merc are probably the strongest nonbroken class in the game. I estimate they've at least a 55% chance to win against any class in most matchups, much higher in certain scenarios (i.e. Huttball). To compound the problem, most of the fights against an equally geared Trooper might end up with you dead and the Trooper at 20%, except they can heal themselves, so they'd be back at 100% in a relatively short time.

That said they're not exactly invinicible either. The real problem is that they have two ways to escape death (energy shield + heals) when they get low, versus 1 for most classes (healers usually don't have a good defensive cooldown, and guys who have good defensive cooldown generally can't heal) so they end up winning a lot of those close fights.

so let me see if i understand this

you

1)think the trooper is the operative mirror

2)think that scoundrel is somehow the mirror of something else

3)think the buffs have already gone live

4)think they would nerf one class without nerfing its mirror.

my troll senses are tingling, noone can be this wrong about something.

20% nerf to hidden strike was needed, and i couldnt care less.

BUT nerf to jarring strike?? 1.5 sec same as global cooldown, w t f are they thinking?

Hidden strike nerf good, but our knockdown, its the class playstyle.

Then give me a chance to choose advanced class again, going sniper or so.

Troopers/Merc are probably the strongest nonbroken class in the game. I estimate they've at least a 55% chance to win against any class in most matchups, much higher in certain scenarios (i.e. Huttball). To compound the problem, most of the fights against an equally geared Trooper might end up with you dead and the Trooper at 20%, except they can heal themselves, so they'd be back at 100% in a relatively short time.

That said they're not exactly invinicible either. The real problem is that they have two ways to escape death (energy shield + heals) when they get low, versus 1 for most classes (healers usually don't have a good defensive cooldown, and guys who have good defensive cooldown generally can't heal) so they end up winning a lot of those close fights.

Shields in PVP are not very effective because they dont stop the predominate damage types the imperial classes seem to have, plus the PVP gear reduces our shield effectiveness, and as a Vanguard I have no real ability to heal myself, certainly no ability to out heal damage being taken.

Shields in PVP are not very effective because they dont stop the predominate damage types the imperial classes seem to have, plus the PVP gear reduces our shield effectiveness, and as a Vanguard I have no real ability to heal myself, certainly no ability to out heal damage being taken.

I think when people say Troopers they're thinking of Commandos. I tend to think of those two as exactly the same since a Vanguard is a rare sighting, argubaly rarer than an Operative sighting.

I'm talking about the cooldown that reduces damage intake by 25% for 15s. It's called Energy Shield on the Empire mirror and I'm not sure what it's called on the Commando, but it's definitely there. I don't think anyone's actually saying Vanguards are overpowered. While neither are auto-win abilities, they can certainly get you out of a lot of messy situations as a Commando. Again, the problem here is that most classes only have 1 get out of jail card (I don't consider running away as one, because you still lost the fight), but Commandoes have 2, so they win close fights more often than not and that is actually a significant advantage. Also, the Energy Shield cooldown makes you immune to interrupts, so you can't stop Commandoes from using their Advanced Kolto Packs without a hard CC, and even if you hard CCed them to stop the heal, the 25% damage reduction is often enough to get them through the stun and then they'll just heal themselves back up.

Edited by Astarica