Ops/Scoundrels Test Server, are we useless?

Tratox

Ok so i originally rolled a sorceror purely as i thought they looked great at end game, then i got to lvl 45 and realised everyone was now one and i hated being a sheep so i rerolled an op as they were a underplayed class.

So i get my toon to lvl 35 last night all exicted about hitting lvl 50 and my guid mate starts saying about op nerf, so i check it out and its true. So now my question is has anyone tested op dmg on the test server????? With no sustainable dmg, no knockback or sprint, are we now completley useless in pvp?? i really dont fancy making another character, its only been out just over a month and already there messing with classes. I really cant be bothered to go thru all the quests again ive just done 2 times in the last month already, so if anyone has news on how ops now are would be most gratefull

I never want to faceroll a class, as i have pvp skills and want to show them off, i totally agree that killing someone in 2 shots is stupid and was all up for a ops getting the opener nerfed, however they seem to have gone way OTT and nerfing other aspects to, being a burst class taking out clueless pvpers ina few hits is what they was intended for with squishy armour and no dmg after being unstealthed do we now jus take away 30% hp and die within 4 secs???? as troppers unleash a flurry on us as this will be no fun at all. I wanna be able to hold my own after being unstealthed and not feel like a training dummy as everyone downs me before i have a chance to even hit a key.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But assassins do have a sprint? and much better mobility and sustanied dmg out of stealth, i know assassins i also know they dont have a big opener to, hence why they were given the above to help balance, but anway my post is about how we are now are in pvp, if we are a useless class now our burst dmg is greatly reduced and our stunned halfed???? as well as nerf to acid blade, as stated i'm all up for fairness in the warzones, i like a challenge and to seperate good pvpers from bad, but i wanna know from anyone thats played op/scroundrel on the test server???? if the neft has gone to far and rendered us useless????

NO utility what so ever. The sole purpose was hunting and killing fast. WZ:s will now be decided on which team has the least amount of ops/scoundrels.

Total BS imo. I can GUARANTEE YOU that 95% of the whine regarding Ops is because the people getting killed by ops in WZ:s think that the Ops are so damn overpowered, when infact there is 4 other guys dps:ing them as well. But since the Ops hand out the knockdowns and is standing right behind them - they get the "blame".

Honestly, BW should have waited and looked into the situation a while after the new brackets got introduced, or at least look at numbers - with a proper LOG. Now there is no way for the whiners of telling if "all that burst" actually comes from the Ops or ranged dps hammering them. They just blame the ops. OMG - LOTS OF INC DMG, OPS BEHIND ME, GOD DAMNED OPS!

Sure - Remove some burst, but without more utility that is BULL. Really weak, devs....

Way to not friggin go BW.

/end rant

NO utility what so ever. The sole purpose was hunting and killing fast. WZ:s will now be decided on which team has the least amount of ops/scoundrels.

Total BS imo. I can GUARANTEE YOU that 95% of the whine regarding Ops is because the people getting killed by ops in WZ:s think that the Ops are so damn overpowered, when infact there is 4 other guys dps:ing them as well. But since the Ops hand out the knockdowns and is standing right behind them - they get the "blame".

Honestly, BW should have waited and looked into the situation a while after the new brackets got introduced, or at least look at numbers - with a proper LOG. Now there is no way for the whiners of telling if "all that burst" actually comes from the Ops or ranged dps hammering them. They just blame the ops. OMG - LOTS OF INC DMG, OPS BEHIND ME, gosh darnED OPS!

Sure - Remove some burst, but without more utility that is BULL. Really weak, devs....

/end rant

Hunting and killing fast =/= 2 hit kills

20 percent damage from one attack isnt a nerf. Its an adjustment.

Good. Now heal me.

This is what is beeing forced down the throat of all ops with the coming change. It's just too much. The two nerfs combined, without ANY addition of utility.

wow didn't know that Operatives just have 1 skill tree.

Since we are discussing a nerf to concelement I though it was obvious that also my post was in regards to that spec. Sorry if you didn't catch that. Let me spell it out then: everything I wrote was about the concelement spec.

Ops WILL however only have one spec, viable for pvp after this: Healing, so in a way, you are both right. High five.

I'm quite surprised that BW would listen to the whine of a community who has NO way of telling where the inc dmg comes from. It just "feels" like its from the Ops so then they whine.

Edited by Paralassa
content

QQ Scoundrel/Operative will still destroy most classes. They're actually upping their defense and the standard damage of Power Shot by 15% (more sustained damage).

The major nerf is 20% off Hidden Strike damage, the knockdown being reduced to 1.5sec, and 20% off armor penetration. Having permanent 50% armor penetration is stupid, being able to just destroy tanks, even though they're... tanks?

Hidden Strike is the most powerful skill in the game currently in terms of single-target damage and critical rate, it needed at least a slight damage nerf.

The knockdown nerf is because when you knock somebody down, the CC-breaker skill doesn't really help because it also takes them time to get up. When you include the time it takes the to get up even, it was closer to a 4.5sec stun, so now it'll be closer to 3 seconds.

Do you really think one skill should be able to crit for 7k, stun someone for 4.5sec where the trinket doesn't work and increase the amount of damage someone takes by you by 10-30%?

Half of an Operative/Scoundrel's skills are ranged, and all I ever see people do is gank and hide, gank and hide. They'll have 12 kills and 4 deaths or something, no group kills, no healing, and like 120k damage done.

I was breaking 200-250k damage on my low level Operative because I played it as a ranged/melee hybrid that could also gank/stun. You don't even know how much of an advantage having a ranged standard attack is over melee.

Edited by savionen

What the **** are you thinking Bioware 1.5 kcockdown and 20% less dmg???? i know we needed a nerf but what the hell!

We need the 3 sec knockdown now hidden strike is nerfed 20%! how the **** do you think we gonna act in pvp now?

Edited by carbocat

Nah, not useless. I have slept on it and decided that not only am I sticking with Operative, but I'm going to *prove* to all the little jerks dancing on our nerf graves that they're STILL going to get angry when I faceplant them and they're STILL going to be bads long after THEIR class is the next to get nerfed..and I will be licking up their tears as they are licking up mine. The vicious circle of hatred lives on.

Honestly, BW should have waited and looked into the situation a while after the new brackets got introduced, or at least look at numbers - with a proper LOG. Now there is no way for the whiners of telling if "all that burst" actually comes from the Ops or ranged dps hammering them. They just blame the ops. OMG - LOTS OF INC DMG, OPS BEHIND ME, gosh darnED OPS!

/end rant

Their burst was a little too much though, no offense. They might over-nerf it but come on it did stand out somewhat. There is burst, then there is too much burst, which is what ops had.

And give me a break, its pretty easy to tell when a class has too much burst, when they are hitting you single target way more than any other class can, with less hits. It's not rocket science. This was long over due. Would not be against giving ops more utility though as such. But like the slicing nerf, in a week or two people will forget about it.

Sorry its your class that is being hit with the bat and all but trying to defend too much burst by blaming other ranged classes is just laughable.

Clearly statin here , the moment they nerf my class , im quiting swtor. Im already not happy with too many **** here , for example yesterday i cleared EV with my guild and we didnt get any loot from last and first boss , they should focus fixin their game first instead of nerfin an ok class. Edited by Katharsis

Why does every operative act like they have only one talent tree.

because they wanted to be a non-foce using melee class....so...they only had one tree. If they wanted to be ranged...they would have gone sniper / BH and spammed tracer missile and got highest damage.

I love it... seriously its amazing.

You had your opener reduced by 20%, i'll be fair here... instead of 5k you now open for 4k...

The 3 second stun (which was the biggest problem with Ops) has been halfed, so now you get 2 hits in before any retaliation instead of 3...

Acid blade armor penetration has been reduced, lets say someone has mitigation at 30% before you ignored half of that so damage mitigation became 15%, now however you will only ignore 30% of it, so that will be 20% mitigation.

Before nerf:

Open at 5k

follow with 3k

another 3k

most classes (except tanks) at this point are next to dead and dont require much effort to finish off...

After nerf:

Open at 4k

follow with 2.8k

Most classes will be around 50-60% HP and you will have to actually fight someone, who knows you may even need to use a medpac or even your heals before you can finish them off...

This sounds about fair to me guys, sorry but this nerf isn't OTT at all, not even close to it.

Remove that and you have an assassin, finally the battlefield will get even.

Assassin's have high sustained damage, force run, push backs, taunt and they can guard. The battlefield wasn't even before the nerf. Assassins were always better and now they'll be miles away better.