The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

They killed a whole class

Sathid

Vanish is your gap closer, your escape mechanism and your in-combat burst, or double frontload, ambush > backstab > vanish > ambush.

Like vanish, and later cos/vanish, it is basically you're one button that you need in half a dozen situations

I think you quoted the wrong person. I know what Vanish is used for.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As it stands now they might as well get rid of the Operative/Scoundrel class with this much of a nerf.

I was hoping common sense would prevail,but the loud kiddys got their wish.

CRY MORE your op and you know it so stop crying i played my friends 50 op yesterday in half pvp and i STOMPED 50s in champ gear while beating my meat at the same time

A shame it has a 2 minute cooldown and is defeated with a dot or stealth detection or aoe.

I must have the reflexes of a cat because I am able to vanish before a dot ticks and reopen, thought I would school you on this neat trick.

Edited by VertisReaper

That tactic works MIRACLES for a medic trying to escape fire.

Oh...

this thread obviously isnt geared towards medics, get with the program. I was just teaching people some neat tricks that I learned as an elite battlemaster Scoundrel.

Edited by VertisReaper

Reduce 3 sec KO to 1.5: Sucks for me, but I expected it.

20% nerf to Shoot first: Needed... not gunna lie it was OP in PvP.

50% to 30% armor reduction is my problem here.... The other two should fix to bust issue in PvP. The one however reduces my steady dps....including PvE. This one does not need to go live. Hell, reduce Shoot first more, but not this!

Honestly I've seen too many MMOs nerf a class and leave it there for a whole expansion. It took them a month to nerf Ops, I doubt we'll see any buffs to any trees any time soon.

I'm not sure if this nerf will balance things or not, but if they miss and its underpowered, don't expect any buffs. The community wanted Ops nerfed and they got it. Whether it balances things out doesn't matter.

I played a Scount in DAOC and that was an op class. I could take out whole groups solo, and you'd have 2-3 posts not about the class but about you; that was the closest to god mode I've played. The community got up in arms about it to the point they were harassing devs at the their work.

Scouts got nerfed, and rightly so, but the problem was all Scouts did well was PVP, they weren't invited to groups, and you had to solo to 50. None of that was addressed, and it felt more out of spite than balance. I see some of that with Operatives / Scoundrels, it does one good thing and that's burst. Its not the best healer, Lethality is a useless tree, and now I'm not sure its viability in raids. Look up the Operative forums, they're even terrible at leveling.

As an Operative some of the fast kills were fun, but highly conditional, but being the class that will be inevitably nerfed is no fun either. Trust me, the class is not all roses, there are some major problems with the gameplay and its function in wz's.

If you say so i can only judge from being on the recieving end of it . The reason why i rolled sniper for my agent in the first place was that i expected this to happen eventually . Snipers are very popular for groups and can be be either very good or very bad in warzones as you can pressure the ball carrier comfortably at range unless there is an operative at large :-p

I believe that this patch will be reviewed, in the near future as they have all their team there to do any testing changes or whatever. Other mmos fire mosto f their staff once the game is out. So the rate at which they can change stuff should be superior hopefully.

And forgive me for all the mean stuff but thats coming from all the repressed rage of playing a tank and being put out before getting to respond. I think this change was inevitable and only make operatives who stick with it better.

I must have the reflexes of a cat because I am able to vanish before a dot ticks and reopen, thought I would school you on this neat trick.

Someone should school you on the fundamentals of reading because you completely missed the point.

this thread obviously isnt geared towards medics, get with the program. I was just teaching people some neat tricks that I learned as an elite battlemaster Scoundrel.

I was commenting on the fact that most of the operative toolkit revolves around being a one-trick pony, now with one less trick.

You can still do your little cloak trick, but to what point or purpose? So you can maybe get one more 3.5k crit on someone if your timing is perfect, but probably end up wasting your 4-minute cooldown, instead?

Edited by steinsgate

CRY MORE your op and you know it so stop crying i played my friends 50 op yesterday in half pvp and i STOMPED 50s in champ gear while beating my meat at the same time

funny how its ok to cry for nerfs, but when you ***** about a nerf that happens your percieved as a baby. stop being a bad and l2p. nerfs are never needed period. but we all know someone else will get the hammer soon as bads have nothing else to do but blame a character who beats them for being over powered

seriously the Op talks about the "crybabys" when he is the one who sounds like hes crying.

try playing a sniper instead of operative, even after patch id still get killed about 4 or 5 secs against a scoundrel or op.

Edited by Kaisernick

seriously the Op talks about the "crybabys" when he is the one who sounds like hes crying.

try playing a sniper instead of operative, even after patch id still get killed about 4 or 5 secs against a scoundrel or op.

Get gear, use your CC. Sniper is a class that does pretty well against Operatives.

Especially if you're able to position yourself on a ledge.

So an attack gets reduced damage of 20% and that amounts to 50%?

Please explain these mathematics, I have 6 different courses of university maths under my belt(from applied calculus to multidimensional analysis) and I cannot comprehend this.

it all depend how the final is calculated ; a 20% decrease in the ability could reduce the final attack by much more depending on the damage formula and the multiplier effect used.

chance are however that its the completly opposite; a 20% nerf will be less than 20% nerf in reality.

I support this idea. Your brain will explode now trying to figure out which is more worthless.

Hey, at least snipers get that AoE shield wall... only it needs to be as big as the game map to be effective.

Get gear, use your CC. Sniper is a class that does pretty well against Operatives.

Especially if you're able to position yourself on a ledge.

Experience may vary obviously but If you position yourself on a ledge you will most likely

a) end up dead in the pool

b) knocked down somewhere out of sight of your team where the op can have his way with you or

c) be a jumping up step for the enemy jumpers .

I personally try to move around as much as i can when i play sniper only stopping to burst if im trying to stop the ball carrier. Staying in 1 spot on ledge just tends to invite assasins/op to gank me or knock me off where my team cant help me.

That said if i can see an operative ill always make it my priority to kill it as sniper cause ill be saving my own *** that way. Most of time i end up face down dead tho.

Edited by Xerkics

As it stands now they might as well get rid of the Operative/Scoundrel class with this much of a nerf.

I was hoping common sense would prevail,but the loud kiddys got their wish.

the only kids here was the people abusing the hell out of a clearly OP class

scoundrel and operatives needed a nerf they was insanely OP and you know it.

if you lvled those class's knowing they was OP to grief other players with, knowing they was gonna get a nerf eventualy then i have no pitty for you, you had it coming.

the only kids here was the people abusing the hell out of a clearly OP class

scoundrel and operatives needed a nerf they was insanely OP and you know it.

if you lvled those class's knowing they was OP to grief other players with, knowing they was gonna get a nerf eventualy then i have no pitty for you, you had it coming.

Content aside, this post made my brain hurt. You should apologize to everyone else in this thread.