The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

They killed a whole class

Sathid

I don't know about math but the armor penetration was reduced by 20% and the damage opener was reduced by 30%. In total on our opener it is 50% less damage. You do the math, I am just explaining the logic.

I don't mind the nerf, infact in some cases it was warranted, however we should get a kockback or a gap closer. Not to mention restealthing takes about 2 months.

I will agree with you about the knockback or gap closer but really, dont cry until after the patch and see how much it has decreased.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not crying,that was you guys and your lies that was posted here daily,just watch this game is going to ruin because of you tweens,teens,it was you who dont know how to play and have the patietnce of a gnat.

Oh shut up and quit pretending you have skill because you get a jump on someone who already has their trinket burned from a DPS already attacking them.

If you were really the Spy from TF2, you would die in two shots, too.

Actually the devs have access to reams of hard data so I am sure that is what lead to the decision.

People who change classes in situations like this are fotm chasers who are subpar at pvp to begin with....

You have never PvPed against me and most likely i could wipe the floor with you,see how that sounded? so many immature brats on forums,and your assuming il reroll,i never stated i will,so why did you say that? are that well yah know?

A week ago, I made a post in a nerf op/scoundrel thread. I said:

Lower Acid blade to 35%

Hidden strike -10% dmg

Jarring to 2s

Pick two of these, but not all three, and it'll be balanced.

They pretty much copy pasted this and intensified it.

I'll be fine with it, but I gotta say they overdid it a bit. Pretty much, this makes it so that.. I can tell anyone who's butthurt and says I'm only good cause my class is OP as hell, that they're stupid. But I can still insta-gib anyone I want with adrenal/relic + double HS. They hurt our overall damage, but didn't change the thing that caused a lot of crying: getting instagibbed. Hidden strike needs a cooldown, but they nerfed other things.. whatever they want I guess.

If jarring now generates anymore resolve than low slash does, there's something wrong. Assassins will dump on Operatives because they'll be up in 1gcd, and can low slash and have their way with us. Changes were needed, but they overreacted to all the tears, of course.

In the end, I'd rather this than be using an OP as **** class. Better than them doing nothing.

Edited by Reenolols

the spammers who got killed by Xyz class came to forums an spammed hundred threads about an imaginary ability to instantly kill anyone. basically they didn't like getting killed by someone, its a normal tactic, one we will now see used on another class...

Funnily enough its the same group of young ones that cheated an exploited their shinys that demand the nerfs.

You realize you sound dumb given the devs have access to tons of data.

Im not crying,that was you guys and your lies that was posted here daily,just watch this game is going to ruin because of you tweens,teens,it was you who dont know how to play and have the patietnce of a gnat.

LMAO in 5/5 heavy armor champ gear on my level 50 merc a guy with no pvp gear crit me for 5k dmg. That is not a lie that is truth. How that is balanced i dont see it at all.

Im sure they did there own testing before deploying this and they can look at numbers without looking at the forums. All the people that complained here did was make them look at what was happening sooner instead of later.

As it stands now they might as well get rid of the Operative/Scoundrel class with this much of a nerf.

I was hoping common sense would prevail,but the loud kiddys got their wish.

This is the funniest sort of post -- anytime, in any mmo, the most blantantly OP class takes a hit they always say the same thing: 'should just remove it now'.

Good ops/scoundrels will still own, the bad ones who relied on stunlocking and over the top damage will cry and leave. Done, and done.

I guess he just made up 50% since he still ignores everyone asking how he went from 20% to 50%.

IMHO, the proffession in question remains the BEST DPS class in game for spike damage.

They took 20% armor pen away as well as 20% hidden strike damage which is where all of the damage they do comes from. It may not be 50% but it's still a significant damage nerf with 0 compensation in the sustained or mobility department. I bet jarring strike will still fill the resolve bar too since they don't say anything about it.

You just need to stop crying and learn your class beyond 3 skills. Sorcs and Sins will get there balances just like ops and scoundrels. The only thing was you guys were way to OP and facerolling. Face the facts instead of crying or re roll a different class that uses more than 3-4 skills in pvp to kill someone.

Assassins are fine. Sorcs are probably fine as well. The only issues with sorcs is possibly the shield counting as healing and I believe it receives bonus from expertise and possibly the stun on shield break. Personally I think knockbacks that apply roots is a bit overpowered, but multiple classes have that.

Edited by Ashanor

L2P and learn to adapt

ps: this op/scoundrel tears are tasting goood :D

No tears none,i find it funny to be honest how a company can shoot itself in the foot by listening to a bunch of tweens,teens and ubher geeks that do not wish balance.

But hey whatever.

I don't know about math but the armor penetration was reduced by 20% and the damage opener was reduced by 30%. In total on our opener it is 50% less damage. You do the math, I am just explaining the logic.

I don't mind the nerf, infact in some cases it was warranted, however we should get a kockback or a gap closer. Not to mention restealthing takes about 2 months.

NO because acid blade doesnt rduce expertise, so lets say the class got armo that protect 50% of its *** now instead of bypassing 25% of that armor you will bypass 17-18% it looks worst then it is so tehcnically you lose 6-7 % dmg there, hidden strike yeah oncethen its shiv or lacerate (I am always maxed in TA with 2 kolto injection to heal random people) so yeah you lose 20% dmg so if you do 7k-8k dmg you will do 5.6k to 6.4k with hidden strike with the armor pen debuff that is applied AFTER hidden strike land so it wont affect your opener and the 6-7% dmg less you will do with shiv lacerate and the other abilities wont make you worse.

IMO the hardest it is hidden strike wotn stun for 3 sec anymore, they should only nerf it to 2 sec instead of 1.5 liek I said above, this give room for mistake,thinking, reacting. GO read my post above, hidden strike as an opener shoud do lower dmg and lacerate should do more + acid blade dot should be deadlier or longuer.

Assassins are fine. Sorcs are probably fine as well. The only issues with sorcs is possibly the shield counting as healing and I believe it receives bonus from expertise and possibly the stun on shield break. Personally I think knockbacks that apply roots is a bit overpowered, but multiple classes have that.

The stun on shield break is from the skill tree. My shield does nothing when it breaks except get me killed in about 2 seconds.

Ri-***********-diculous. Just jump into the freezing Atlantic waters like everyone else. The lifeboats are full. This is a despicable nerf with such weight as to cripple a class from achieving its intended role.

Operatives and Scoundrels will no longer be desired in PvE and will underperform in PvP.

We exposed our secrets and handed you counter strategies on a silver platter but you weren't happy, you didn't want to adapt. You wanted the sheer malevolent action of a nerf because of past grievances.

Your whining brought about more than a crushing nerf, it brought death.

Its not like my scoundrel is now unplayable, instead i have to hit my target once more (or twice) still its a thing to get used to.

It was hot knife throu butter, now its just a knife. Manageable.

I have more trouble with suddenly uncloaking while my abilities are not ready yet. alot more troublesome than those 30% ish change, certainly feels more than 20%. Dont have math to explain nor the numbers taken down.

hahahahaha, a well deserved nerf.

The way I see it, ops/smugglers might be pissed... but many other classes will be overjoyed. Result = More players are pleased and rage on the game decreases. Success

Result is more like: more Sorc incoming. I expect full teams of Sorc soon.

You can't remove burst if you don't add some kind of compensation! It just ruins the class!

What people that enjoy these nerfs don't realize is, that they got their own team mates nerfed too! You have the same class in your team! Don't cry if your team with 2 Scoundrels gets steam rolled by a full team of Sorc etc.

Edited by karcyon

Face it they want to get rid of operatives.

Rerolling sorc.

Ill kill your sorcerer with my Ops in 1.1.1 again, and again, and again :D I am sure good operative will stay on top anyway.

It looks liek my rogue all over again lol( in wow) they always nerf us, try to corner us but in the end we always stunlock people to death :D