Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Troubled by Rapid Response

Clipped_Wolf

I am playing as a Republic Trooper. I also did two real oversees tours with the military, so I giggle and shake my head in disbelief at the inconsistencies of the military greetings, the poorly implemented salutes, the broken chain of command, etc...

I was surprised, however, when I rounded the corner in the quest Rapid Response and found myself OFFENDED at how cartoony it was. Fuse, a supposed battle-hardened demolishion expert sounding like an angst ridden teenage boy was ridiculous and annoying, but the fact that the area for the quest was so...wrong in every detail angered me. I'm well aware realism is out of the question but did it have to look so silly?

are you for real? complaining about this? lol its just a game what you expect real life combat simulation or so? dont you have enough of that already? ... Dear god the things i read on this forum... you know games like call of duty or batlefield might be your thing then

Agreed.

The Twi'lek's in this game look nothing like the Twi'lek's I've associated with in RL. I've been borderline offended at their depiction, to be honest.

i agree its racism.

Edited by Spartanik

Agreed.

The Twi'lek's in this game look nothing like the Twi'lek's I've associated with in RL. I've been borderline offended at their depiction, to be honest.

As a Gammorrean, I find the piglike squealing to be incredibly racist.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I like how everyone is just pointing out something you've already mentioned but whatever. This forum is just full of jerks that either hate the game or think you are just a giant whiny baby.

Yeah. Things like lack of realism has a lot to do with people who have little to no experience interacting with that culture in real life so someone who comes from such a background will giggle at how the lack of realism can end up looking like a joke.

Toured the US military? Sucks for you lol. Anyways, this is Star Wars. a fantasy game. It does not revolve around any military, rather a make believe faction based empire.

Yeah those guys in uniformed armor holding blasters aren't some sort of military faction. Nope!

Edited by Kabloosh

Hello,

I suggest if you want a giggle-worthy sad-sack military, you turn your gaze to Star Trek's Starfleet. The old Star Trek vs Star Wars site had a wonderful analysis of Trek's military that made me giggle all day long.

I love Trek even more than Star Wars, but I couldn't deny that even the Rebel Alliance fielded a more effective military force than Starfleet.

Odd, I've had discussion with military vets who didn't like the Trooper quest because they were too used to that kind of thing.

Although, I guess that it could be even more ridiculous and still remind them of their service. Either way, it would be neat if Bioware had taken pointers from veterans as to what military service is like, but I guess we should chalk it up to either a different universe, or cutting corners.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.