Rationalizing the logic of abilities in game.

vindianajones

I'm just going to get this out of the way first. This is a completely light-hearted/joking post.

Does anyone else ever look at some of the skills your characters have and try to rationalize why they work the way they do? Here's a few that I've noticed that are little pet peeves of mine.

- On my Guardian, the attacks that hit with the hilt of my lightsaber seem to do just as much, if not more damage than the lightsaber itself. So why wouldn't I just run around bashing people with the hilt all the time?

- On my Trooper, Stockstrike (hits you with the butt of the gun) costs ammo. I've been trying to decide if I'd just hit someone so hard that a few of my ammo cells popped out, but I just don't like that at all.

My agent has a magical pistol that ONLY appears when he needs to talk to somebody. The technological precedent set by James Bond's gadgets is really well implemented here.

My agent has to stand up to see the enemy, despite his head being above cover. I figure it's to prevent arthritis, which is much worse than a gunshot.

When I slice a robot, it heals. I've been trying to find a similar hack for my computer, but I only found instructions on how to burn your processor.

My agent's sniper rifle is equipped with an amazing machine gun style rapid fire mode. He doesn't use it most of the time, because that wouldn't be fair.

My agent's Kaliyo carries around a blade that does approximately no damage, and is never seen. I tried to give her a nicer vibroblade, but she said it wasn't feminine enough.

My BH's suit overheats when he presses the gun trigger really fast, but does not heat at all if he presses a bit slower. Just needs some anger management classes, I guess...

My BH has ammo that makes his armor really strong. I think he just layers himself with it.

My BH has a jetpack-boosted fist that hits harder than most of his other abilities. Why not just learn jet-boxing?

My BH has one ability that shoots fire, and cools down the suit. He also has another ability that shoots fire, and heats up the suit. I think the suit has a funny AI.

My agent has a magical pistol that ONLY appears when he needs to talk to somebody. The technological precedent set by James Bond's gadgets is really well implemented here.

My agent has to stand up to see the enemy, despite his head being above cover. I figure it's to prevent arthritis, which is much worse than a gunshot.

When I slice a robot, it heals. I've been trying to find a similar hack for my computer, but I only found instructions on how to burn your processor.

My agent's sniper rifle is equipped with an amazing machine gun style rapid fire mode. He doesn't use it most of the time, because that wouldn't be fair.

My agent's Kaliyo carries around a blade that does approximately no damage, and is never seen. I tried to give her a nicer vibroblade, but she said it wasn't feminine enough.

My BH's suit overheats when he presses the gun trigger really fast, but does not heat at all if he presses a bit slower. Just needs some anger management classes, I guess...

My BH has ammo that makes his armor really strong. I think he just layers himself with it.

My BH has a jetpack-boosted fist that hits harder than most of his other abilities. Why not just learn jet-boxing?

My BH has one ability that shoots fire, and cools down the suit. He also has another ability that shoots fire, and heats up the suit. I think the suit has a funny AI.

Well, that made my day. Just laughed out loud at work. Thanks!

lol, these are great :)

My Guardian has this move that he calls "Master Strike" where he actually drives his lightsaber THROUGH the stomach of the intended victim, then swings it back around and slices off their head.

Apparently he's using a nerf bat instead of a lightsaber through because it really doesn't kill anyone very quickly. And the victim certainly never loses his head.

:D

lol, these are great :)

My Guardian has this move that he calls "Master Strike" where he actually drives his lightsaber THROUGH the stomach of the intended victim, then swings it back around and slices off their head.

Apparently he's using a nerf bat instead of a lightsaber through because it really doesn't kill anyone very quickly. And the victim certainly never loses his head.

:D

Ever notice that if you use this on a giant droid, you're driving the lightsaber all willy nilly through the space between its legs, and then chopping off its nothing?

The butt of my gun is made of super-lasers, doing more damage than a volley of lasers.

My blaster rifle can fit a mortar, several grenades, lightning, blaster cells, explosive surges, a harpoon, and more lightning in it.

My smuggler can knee people in the groin and stun them, but lasers to the groin don't do JACK ****!

My Jedi skipped the landing class....... I guess.

have you ever fired a gun?

edit: there is a reason why you don't see skinny 10 year old girls running around with guns.

(kick *** doesn't count)

Please replace your serious with funny, otherwise I'll have to do something!

While you contemplate that, I'll try and think of that something.

I can force choke droids, even droids without necks. I guess they all must have some sort of wind pipe machinery built in

Designed exclusively by the Force Friendly Corporation. It was put into production due to unfair treatment of Force users who are allergic to blasters. It was scrapped later by Senator Palpatine for being, quote, "stupid".

My IA can squeeze the trigger once for one big shot and spend a lot of energy, or squeeze the trigger a lot and spend no energy.

When my IA points at you, a probe heals you, it makes him tired.. unless it is a surgical probe, in which case he simply loses his footing a little bit...