Ship Droid C2N2 Mute Option

Chugachug

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind shutting him up I admit.

However, I much prefer an droid upgrade that reprograms his voice to that of, say, Sean Connery and adds a hundred different things to say ...

I probably could listen a couple of times to Sean Connery saying "Mistress, I have warmed your bed for you" (I will just have to close my eyes and NOT look at the droid while it is saying that ;))

Agreed, please make a mute option, I hate this droid already... ;-(

Leveling second char, and C2N2 seems troll me everytime I enter my ship, I really tired. Love whole game and enjoy playeng, except that chatting thing..:D

Edited by Yosin

I agree, C2-N2 often annoys me and I just about cringe as I walk past if I'm in a hurry on something. However, I find myself glad that he's there watching my ship, for some strange reason. No, I don't think players should be given the option to shut him up. I think it's funny. He often annoys me too.

I still like the "Voice Box Restraining Bolt" checkbox for droids (any droid). Clicking it on their character sheet, would add the graphic of a bolt on their neck... then squelch their chatter.

Mmm. I'd pay high credits for the ability.

Cybertech would never be looked down at again.

/signed for sure

The worst part of it is that when you get on the ship and go to the holo communicator you can still hear him talk over the cinematic dialogue. Just having the mute option is all we need, people can leave it if they would like to, and disable it if they don't.

I'll sign this like C2N2 would, just for emphasis.

I've signed the petition Master.

You can do it by following these simple instructions:

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/pu5r6/ive_silenced_c2n2_and_you_can_too/

Only problem is it silences some other speech in the game as well. Also, I don't know if it's against BW's EULA but I don't think it is since they don't seem to have a problem with you changing the loading screen. I've not done it myself by the way, just provide this link for educational purposes only... don't blame me if he ends up speaking Huttese.

Protocol droids are notoriously chatty. I hate it to, but in a way I think it's justified. As another poster said, I feel like Han Solo with C3PO; I just want to shut him off.

While I would say "working as intended", there are times that even I am like, "Does he have to comment every time I run past?". So I'm split; I think C2N2 is working exactly as he should, but I'm still not happy about it. :D

Kill the droid...

Or .. shoot it out the airlock...

OR.. strap the noisy bastard to the ship hull and go into hyperspace...

...... OR... realign it's voice vocabulizer for a .ooo8 difference so that it cannot be heard anymore!

I hate it.. shut it up!

Ditto.

How bout making him conversable and within conversation you could ask him to limit chatter to:

"feel free to express your worries" : as it is

"Notify me of only important news" : Reminds you have hologram message, new emails (which should be accessible from ships intercom btw), if companion wants to talk to you.

"minimum chatter from now on" : Only says "goodday sir/mam" when you enter.

You can do it by following these simple instructions:

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/pu5r6/ive_silenced_c2n2_and_you_can_too/

Only problem is it silences some other speech in the game as well. Also, I don't know if it's against BW's EULA but I don't think it is since they don't seem to have a problem with you changing the loading screen. I've not done it myself by the way, just provide this link for educational purposes only... don't blame me if he ends up speaking Huttese.

Do note this is against the ToS.

anything to alter gaming experience by yourself by limiting game server or client is violation of terms of use.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.