So the game isnt dead.

Halofax

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

wow is just turning into a rehash machine and cata is proof of that. Now they're going to rehash scholomance like they did zul gurub, shadowfang keep, black rock, etc etc. They are going to bring nothing new they will just keep updating old content because the mouth breathers dont know the difference, they're on autopilot which is what blizzard loves.

Pretty much. Funny how some seem to be really scared of SWTOR that they need to keep posting their hate about it.

They have bascially become fanbois of hate with no perception of reality.

its funny that the highest grossing opening for a mmo all time is TOR it sold what 2 million copies? And its dead?

Also saying EA/Bioware wont make their money back and Profits it a bit of an overstatement. So say 2million copies were sold at launch 70 bucks is the median for CE and the regular edition combined (it would probably be higher seeing as many CE Speeders i see in the game) thats 140 Million dollars in the first month. Add the 14.99 they are getting ready to collect from most and the game cards people bought.

thats a pretty good first month.

Edited by themistocles

I remember yesterday everyone said the game would be dead today.

Still truckin'.

Now the consensus is Monday.

Cant we all just accept that the game, regardless of its mediocrity, will be successful?

No it wont kill wow (also mediocre), but its going to do fine.

Everything in the entertainment industry is mediocre. Avatar made a billion dolars in thearters.

mediocre ... is what people want and expect, they cannot accept high standards because that comes at a high price and too expensive for the throw away socity we live in now.

If they made this game a complex game, with complex equipment and tough skills with severe punishments for failing, then the gamers would not dare to play, they want it simple enough that they succeed as quickly as possible and then they can move on to the next shiny new thing.

Like all businesses now, they look at the bottom line, there is no interest in invention or innovation, thats expense.

We could once fly across the atlantic in 3 hours, we could once go to the moon, and in software terms we are in the same position, Cheap and quick,.... mediocre

WoW has much more end game content than any other MMO on the market:

Tons of dailies (more so than any MMO)

Battlegrounds (more so than any MMO)

Rated Battle grounds

Arena

World pvp (tol borad, etc)

Raiding

Heroics

Achievements.

Running the same 2 5man dungeons and the same raid every day/week gets boring.

Dailies get boring, for any game.

If you read any patch notes, rated WZ's are coming.

Heroics? Hardmodes here.

Achievements? Thats here too. Codex.

If you like WOW better. Have fun with the Kung Fu Pandas and Pokemon battles. Make sure to keep your full tummy buff up!

Running the same 2 5man dungeons and the same raid every day/week gets boring.

Dailies get boring, for any game.

If you read any patch notes, rated WZ's are coming.

Heroics? Hardmodes here.

Achievements? Thats here too. Codex.

So essentially you just scuffed off all my points by saying 'it's boring'.

MMOs are not for you then, my friend.

:D

its funny that the highest grossing opening for a mmo all time is TOR it sold what 2 million copies?

Also saying EA/Bioware wont make their money back and Profits it a bit of an overstatement. So say 2million copies were sold at launch 70 bucks is the median for CE and the regular edition combined (it would probably be higher seeing as many CE Speeders i see in the game) thats 140 Million dollars in the first month. Add the 14.99 they are getting ready to collect from most and the game cards people bought.

thats a pretty good first month.

It cost them 500 million alone to acquire Mythic, this is besides the estimated 500 million in development costs put into SWTOR.

They have yet to hit "0".

mediocre ... is what people want and expect, they cannot accept high standards because that comes at a high price and too expensive for the throw away socity we live in now.

If they made this game a complex game, with complex equipment and tough skills with severe punishments for failing, then the gamers would not dare to play, they want it simple enough that they succeed as quickly as possible and then they can move on to the next shiny new thing.

Like all businesses now, they look at the bottom line, there is no interest in invention or innovation, thats expense.

We could once fly across the atlantic in 3 hours, we could once go to the moon, and in software terms we are in the same position, Cheap and quick,.... mediocre

Exactly, in WOW, you can smash your hand on your keyboard for 15 minutes and grab easy epics from 5 man heroics. Thats what the MAJORITY wants.

Sure, this game has some issues and needs some work, but I still enjoy this the most out of all MMO's. It will only get better. If it doesn't, theres a Fallout MMO and Zombie Apolcolypse MMO in the works.

So essentially you just scuffed off all my points by saying 'it's boring'.

MMOs are not for you then, my friend.

:D

Isn't it funny that all these random WoW haters here don't realize that this game is exactly like wow? MMOs havn't been very different in years. How can you like this game and hate wow when the gameplay and everything is the exact same. Oh yeah this game talks to you, big deal lol.

Wait about six months before making any analysis in order to see either a complete decline or a leveling out. One month = nothing.

SWTORarena only uses the 5 options to assess the playerbase.

That huge downsloping graph is actually just showing the game going from Full > Standard.

That doesnt mean people quit, it just means the people who were on holiday and cracking 12 hours a day went back to work.

Vilify me as you will, but the game has 215 server all at standard. Thats far from dead.

I was looking forward to this game, but it failed. I will try it again if it goes F2P.

You might have to wait quite a while... if not forever. :D

Oh and it didnt fail at all. Sorry.

Edited by Nemmar

Exactly, in WOW, you can smash your hand on your keyboard for 15 minutes and grab easy epics from 5 man heroics. Thats what the MAJORITY wants.

Sure, this game has some issues and needs some work, but I still enjoy this the most out of all MMO's. It will only get better. If it doesn't, theres a Fallout MMO and Zombie Apolcolypse MMO in the works.

Zombie MMO? That sounds like fun (serious).

Isn't it funny that all these random WoW haters here don't realize that this game is exactly like wow? MMOs havn't been very different in years. How can you like this game and hate wow when the gameplay and everything is the exact same. Oh yeah this game talks to you, big deal lol.

Gameplay is nowhere near as responsive and smooth as it is for WoW. That and SWTOR is missing a TON of features.

To know what you like, you would of had to try it out in the first place with an unbiased opinion. Very nice paradox my friend.

No I wouldn't. That's like saying I have to buy the newest Lady Gaga album to know I won't like it. I know what kind of music she makes, so I know I'm not going to like it.

I can see what they're adding and subtracting from WoW and I can tell it's stuff I don't like.

They're adding Pandas, which is stupid, Pokemon pet battles, which is stupid, an Asian themed continent, which I have no interest in, a dumbed down talent system, which I dislike (I like complicated).

I can see all the stuff they're adding and I don't need to take a bite out of a poo sandwich to know it'll taste bad.

Gameplay is nowhere near as responsive and smooth as it is for WoW. That and SWTOR is missing a TON of features.

I completely agree, I'm just saying that the core features of MMOs have been the same forever. yet all these people hate WoW because it's popular.

Edited by Notannos
rude

That's not true at all.

My arcane mage used TWO buttons for max dps.

I completely agree, I'm just saying that the core features of MMOs have been the same forever, yet all these people hate WoW because it's popular.

I dont hate wow.

I love SWTOR.

they are different things.

Edited by Notannos
rude quote

When is the resub day? The game hasn't asked me to pay yet.

My account still says something like it's about to renew. My bill date changed last night from the 19th to the 20th. I still haven't been billed yet.

So I don't know, maybe they're investigating all the claims of errors and no "cancel" button made by people here and have it on hold for now.