The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Right now, only Empire players can solve the pvp

Zandar

Why would they solve a problem they don't have. PvP isn't a problem for Empire, it's a problem for Republic.

From my perspective PvP IS a problem for the empire players. Most of them are TERRIBLE at it.

There are very few Imperial teams on my server that I respect at all. And even they are beatable.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think my whole guild rage quit the other night as there were maybe 3 repubs in all of Ilum. If you consider yourself a good pvper going on the smaller faction is more challenging. As an Imp, there's no reward in constantly winning 3:1 fights.

Oh well, my Jedi is at level 5 now.

I love how much blame you're putting on Empire just for rolling Empire. Believe it or not, some people don't want to level from 1-50 all over again. I know its hard for you to grasp.

To make things more balanced this way, it would have to start at Bioware. They would need to bring in faction changes that would cost money (incentive for them to do it, they get cash in the process). However, on every server that has much more empire per republic player, the faction changes would be free from empire -> to republic for a certain period of time.

I would quite happily faction change to republic.

I my self, have been thinking about rerolling a pub toon for awhile now, it *%$#'s me off that the factions are so unbalanced, on the server i play on the win to loss ratio for the republic is like 1:9 and thats sad, I think the main reason why NO ONE wants to re roll pub is because they know they will lose constantly, and lets face it why PvP if your just gonna lose due to the lack in numbers.That and as someone stated as before the dialogue for the quest line is so cheesy and bland it almost makes me sick.So with all that said, i think i may have a few suggestions to help fix this issue.

1. Offer more commendations for those who are on the Republic side, at least until this issue is resolved

2. Change the Dialogue to were it doesn't come from some cheesy do good'er guy, add some more smart @$% remarks or something

3. Allow Double exp for the Republic either while in war zones only or while questing and grinding.(This will solve the issue for those who don't want to re level)

Thats all i got, im strongly considering re rolling a pub toon, anyone with suggestions on classes that will be just as fun as my bounty hunter send me a message via this thread or my forum mail.Thanks don't flame my post or i will hunt you down. No Joke. All the best

Why is it up to the empire players to reroll? Republic can reroll just as easily on a server with a decent republic population. Now I'm having fun on Swiftsure republic, Ilum is back and forth all day long. But to lay it all on the Empire? I mean......really?

My whole entire guild just rerolled to Republic and we have quite a few 50s (I have a lvl 50 valor 60+ Emp already). Honestly this game is not a grind at all so it is no problem. I mean to get lvl 50 and Battlemaster is nothing in terms of grind. Plus, the Empire has been pretty boring as of late, playing the underdogs is always more interesting.

P.S. Huttball sucks.

All they have to do is add STRONG INCENTIVES to level Republic.

Except BioWare is doing the opposite thing. They just made Sith Warrior's version of Awe cause players to fall onto the ground flailing like a helpless baby, further cementing the awesomeness of Empire.

Good thing Jedi Knight's Freezing Force now lasts the same amount as Sith Warriors... oh wait...

No bias there, eh, BioWare? Don't worry, this will come back to bite you guys in the arse one day.

Why is it up to the empire players to reroll? Republic can reroll just as easily on a server with a decent republic population. Now I'm having fun on Swiftsure republic, Ilum is back and forth all day long. But to lay it all on the Empire? I mean......really?

The woe of the situation isn't just Republic side. If Republic switch from one server to another then Empire suffer, too. The ideal situation is to have a relatively even number of both factions on each server.

I honestly don't care nearly as much about population imbalance as I do about how the majority of Empire mirror classes play exceptionally better than Republic side.

Playing Republic compared to Empire is like playing an early-beta version of the game.

Edited by savionen

Why would they solve a problem they don't have. PvP isn't a problem for Empire, it's a problem for Republic.

I agree totally! Empire here and I have no problem with getting in a war zone (i get about 40% huttball). As for population imbalance.. The are fixing the problem on ilium by restricting population and making certain bases auto death/exhaustion.

The only thing I agree on in this thread about problems in pvp is that they should allow for users to select specific our random war zone. Otherwise, well done bio ware.

The woe of the situation isn't just Republic side. If Republic switch from one server to another then Empire suffer, too. The ideal situation is to have a relatively even number of both factions on each server.

I like the ideal solution... To bad it has never happened naturally in the history of online gaming. And forcing it will piss people of as it will stearate friends and allied/rival guilds

Rerolling means losing a month's worth of hard work hitting 50, grinding valor, opening Champion/Battlemaster bags and throwing all of that away to get stomped by people who are a month ahead, for the next whole month.

Very few people are going to be altruistic enough to do that.

Not to mention, cognitive dissonance creeps in and people pretend like the Republic side is somehow bland and boring relative to the Empire (because I'm sure everyone that mentions such a thing has played through all of the main class quests to the end...), in order to justify to themselves not having to reroll. Plus the whole ability lag thing, which is just icing on the cognitive dissonance cake. Its so utterly minor, but people exacerbate it as an excuse not to roll Republic.

It's a problem, and the only people that can do anything about it are either too selfish, lazy or apathetic to do anything about it. So, we continue to wait for Bioware to do something about it, while they continue to complain about having too many Huttballs against each-other, or nobody to fight in Ilum like its somehow Bioware's/The Republic's fault.

Edited by Bibdy

Republic players can't

Bioware can't, at least not fast enough

But you as an empire player, guild, guildleader can.

Reroll with all your friends if you want balanced pvp and this game to continue.

- You'll have some nice legacy build up

- you'll have a lot of experience about the empire classes abilities that will gain you a big adventage in pvp.

- The 10-49 warzones are great fun so you'll have a blast leveling

- If you want you'll be 50 in 2 weeks

- many open world targets instead of no republic targets

- instand queues

- not only huttball all the time

Yeah begin Darth Vader is cool, empire gear so much more awesome. But in the end, do you prefer that above fun and balanced pvp?

Especially if you consider quiting, why not reroll instead.

tldr: reroll republic

That is a short term solution and does not bring a permanent solution to the overall problem.

The better long term solution is to allow guild vs guild on new planets with an Outlaw's Den style of PvP. When you move it to guild vs guild it doesn't matter if the Empire has 10:1 or 100:1 more players than the Republic, because you could still have Imperial guilds fighting other Imperial guilds.

BioWare can keep creating a story line for it's PvE players, one which PvP players can also get into, but they should also be looking at creating 5-10 planets where guilds can call home; these planets would have true Open Planet (World) PvP where anyone is able to be killed, even your own guild member (if not in group). Allow guilds to fight over vital resources there, and allow them to sell those resources on the GTN to crafters.

This would also include a small change to crafting. Where crafting would now consist of using the mission loot, dropped raid loot AND new planet resources. The political drama that comes from these situations is what still drives EvE as a successful game, and it's what made Shadowbane great in it's day (the city management was a huge part of SB).

I like the ideal solution... To bad it has never happened naturally in the history of online gaming. And forcing it will piss people of as it will stearate friends and allied/rival guilds

Allowing free transfers from only Empire to Republic would help, and fixing all of the mirror issues.

If they don't do something relatively soon there may just not be a Republic faction anymore.

Allowing free transfers from only Empire to Republic would help, and fixing all of the mirror issues.

If they don't do something relatively soon there may just not be a Republic faction anymore.

If PvP was taken to a new level as in my above post, it wouldn't matter if everyone rolled Empire.

It won't happen soon. Transfers from Empire to Republic equivalents seem simple on paper; just turn an Operative into a Scoundrel! Boom! Done!

Except that you've got all of the gear, the questlines, the datacrons and all manner of other obscure flags and faction-related problems that you absolutely HAVE to make sure are covered and tested properly before you throw it on the Live servers.

So, if you're waiting for Bioware to fix it 'soon', don't expect faction transfers. The only way to fix it soon, is for people to reroll. It's simple, and it can happen overnight. But, we all know that almost nobody is willing to do that.

People are blowing this out of proportion. My server The Dead weight is probably 4:1 if not more and Ilum is a blast. Pub group up and roll around stomping just like the Imp do. Dailies are done in a half hour and they are generally a good time. Most of us stick around after for the world action.

On server the ones that seem to ***** and complain are either:

1. Socially inverted.

2. Bad.

3. QQers

I've noticed a direct corilation between key board turning and crying.

People are blowing this out of proportion. My server The Dead weight is probably 4:1 if not more and Ilum is a blast. Pub group up and roll around stomping just like the Imp do. Dailies are done in a half hour and they are generally a good time. Most of us stick around after for the world action.

1. Socially inverted.

2. Bad.

3. QQers

Love this post!

Also on the statistical correlation, that kind of study intrigues me... I'm going to have to begin polling players and come up with something.

1. Socially inverted.

2. Bad.

3. QQers

How childish. You mean you IMAGINE a direct correlation, because you have no way of knowing any of that.

Running around with a group of 8-16 Repubs, stomping the small little satellite groups of 1-3 Imperials running around is fun...for a while. Then you run into the zerg, because they get a nice big alert siren when you approach any of the points, and get soundly crushed and have to waste a bunch of time regrouping because you lost a fight you couldn't have possibly won.

Its fun now. Give it a week.

1. Socially inverted.

2. Bad.

3. QQers

So because it's no problem for you on your server it's no problem on other servers either, lol ok :)